What's new

This Is A Hunt I've Longed For: Cheetah General Discussion

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Cheetah's d3 would be the best move in the game if not for Cheetah's f3...

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Found a weird crossup using B2 into close lunge. After ending the combo in B2, if the opponent stands still, the lunge into JI1 will whiff, but if they're holding back to block your follow-up pressure, they'll walk into it. I'm controlling Catwoman in the video to demonstrate.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Found a weird crossup using B2 into close lunge. After ending the combo in B2, if the opponent stands still, the lunge into JI1 will whiff, but if they're holding back to block your follow-up pressure, they'll walk into it. I'm controlling Catwoman in the video to demonstrate.

I actually have a legit set-up with this that will connect even if they stand. I'll post later.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
So get this! If you have her Trait active certain bnbs will no longer connect properly. It seems that the Trait gives extra push back on hit. Idk if it's character specific. I was practicing against Cheetah. I can land MB(air)DB2, J2,B2xxDB1. However, if her Trait is active the B2 will whiff allowing the opponent to fall out of the juggle. Her Trait may affect other BnBs the same way. Best to do all with Trait active and non-active to know which ones work with both and which don't.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
So get this! If you have her Trait active certain bnbs will no longer connect properly. It seems that the Trait gives extra push back on hit. Idk if it's character specific. I was practicing against Cheetah. I can land MB(air)DB2, J2,B2xxDB1. However, if her Trait is active the B2 will whiff allowing the opponent to fall out of the juggle. Her Trait may affect other BnBs the same way. Best to do all with Trait active and non-active to know which ones work with both and which don't.
That sucks, I'll check that out later.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I hate how j1 is -. Sometimes my Strings will feel so clunky to perform on block but not on hit... It's quite frustrating.

Blakexton

Shinnuk
F2, 3 is such a naughty string. In the corner it can spell game over.

F2, 3 - f3 is a true block string. In the corner this provides some crazy set ups.

After the f3 you can dash up b1, 2 for a mix up or if they're conditioned into blocking you can d2 into dbf1 for a full combo. Block pressure and tick throws in the corner are nasty.

Can someone make a thread of her moveset and su frames for offline study? So addicted to this game and cheetah when im at work im still watching combo videos and tech at work lol dam responsibilities

I was working on some stuff this morning, trying to land a d1, db2 after 113, db2 in the corner. The timing is fairly tight without trait, but I never managed to hit it after I had popped my claws. You mentioned that it adds push back, could it also up the gravity of hits in the combo?

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
Can I just say how amazing F3 is? I've been using a lot of meter for armoured F3 on peoples' wakeups since a lot of people are wake up happy right now.

F3 > jump 3 xx MB db2 > jump 3 xx db2 does a nice chunk of damage (398 on Superman) for one bar, and better damage if you armoured the F3 (466 on Superman). Been using this combo a lot since you land right beside your opponent instead of knocking them away.

SmokeMaster

Cheetah multi verse event for epic gear up psa
Thanks I was able to squeeze out the hour one with 3 mins to spare lol
I was working on some stuff this morning, trying to land a d1, db2 after 113, db2 in the corner. The timing is fairly tight without trait, but I never managed to hit it after I had popped my claws. You mentioned that it adds push back, could it also up the gravity of hits in the combo?
I was able to land the combo I was talking about but it required a bit of delay.It was still inconsistent unlike with non active Trait. Idk know what's up with her Trait but there's definitely an issue there if certain combos don't work when you have it activated.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Can anyone verify this with me? When my opponent is in the corner and I do blood-lunge into j3 to cross-up, sometimes it counts as a crossup, other times it does not. It might be truely ambiguous. But if you do blood-lunge-j3-12(throw), the 12(throw) will always come out, it will always be safe, and it will always be ambiguous.

[Edit] Yup, at least against Superman, not only is it ambiguous, but I figured out how to control it. Do the j3 as soon as you hit the wall for it to count as a crossup. Wait just a tick after hitting the wall to make it not count as a crossover.

Can anyone verify this with me? When my opponent is in the corner and I do blood-lunge into j3 to cross-up, sometimes it counts as a crossup, other times it does not. It might be truely ambiguous. But if you do blood-lunge-j3-12(throw), the 12(throw) will always come out, it will always be safe, and it will always be ambiguous.

[Edit] Yup, at least against Superman, not only is it ambiguous, but I figured out how to control it. Do the j3 as soon as you hit the wall for it to count as a crossup. Wait just a tick after hitting the wall to make it not count as a crossover.
I haven't tried the blood lunge part, but hitting the f23 (throw) restand in the corner sets up a dirty ambiguous j3 crossup. The fact that her body almost never looks like she's crossed you up is super tricky. Did you sometimes land in front of them despite the crossup message appearing?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I haven't tried the blood lunge part, but hitting the f23 (throw) restand in the corner sets up a dirty ambiguous j3 crossup. The fact that her body almost never looks like she's crossed you up is super tricky. Did you sometimes land in front of them despite the crossup message appearing?
No, I would still land behind them, but I would like pass through them, so I think which side I was on was going back and forth.

SmokeMaster

Gonna try to figure out the best way to work this into my game. Ending corner combos with f23 1+3 is so powerful because you're at +37, they don't get a wakeup, and you're right in their face.
This is what I was saying about her F23~1+3 being her most effective move. In the corner it has the added bonus off being not only high/low but also right/left 50/50 mixup.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
So after a week of play, does anybody have any speculation on Cheetah's weak/strong matchups? Deadshot and characters with parries gave me the most trouble personally. Everyone else feels like it boils down to how well they as a player handle the setups, but I'm nowhere close to high-level play yet.