What's new

This Is A Hunt I've Longed For: Cheetah General Discussion

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I expect that she will be a huge threat as soon as she gets in. She has tons of command grabs, some of which are in the middle of strings.

First thing to look for: can she combo into her trait (like how Superman can do f23xxtrait) because if she can, then her damage will sky rocket.
Sadly, the grabs in her strings are blockable... They blocked one in the last stream.

I can see her being able to aftivate trait after launching someone with her MB command grabs but you wouldn't be able to connect a B3 after, we would have to wait and see. Her trait activation seems quite fast so I can see her having good activation set-ups at the very least.

I Played 5 hours Cheetah, my opinion

Strings to get in:

11 : Good for FrameTrap
b12 (GAP) if you get in finish wit 1+3 Grab (blockeable) you can cancel to make it very hard to punish cancel in backdash
f23 (Safe) you can cancel to make it safe (I think 100%safe)
332 (GAP) you can cancel to make it very hard to punish
b2 GRAB (verygood ) This is Good Guys my opinion

MixUps:

b11d3 (low mid low) Medium Start
3322 (mid, low, OH, OH) Slow Start
112 (mid mid mid) Good Start (Punish) if you get in finish wit 1+3 Grab (blockeable) you can cancel to make it safe (I think 100%safe)

Command Grabs:

dbf1 (EX) Stand Grab, Whiff if you duck or jump if you get in easily 400+
db1 (EX) Duck Grab, Whiff if you stand or jump if you get in easily 400+

Meterburn Gameplan

Just for EX Command Grab

Trait:

Power up about 6 secs recharged in about 12 secs

Good:

f3 Double Hit
j1 Good air to air
j2 Double Hit
Good for zonner chars
You can make your strings safe cancelling (Safe or Hard to punish and read)
Lot of mixup
Bad:

Bad AA
No Projectil

Tier List: (My opinion)

A o A+

Last edited:
Yes, bf3 it is a special move like a jump similar as ares in igau. Close MID and far. That move you can cancel. So you can do f2b bf3 cancel in backdash and its safe
Alo if you do bf3 and jump close MID or far, you can cancel with meter burn and it is overhead. A lot of options

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
I Played 5 hours Cheetah, my opinion

Strings to get in:

11 : Good for FrameTrap
b12 (GAP) if you get in finish wit 1+3 Grab (blockeable) if is blocked you can 50/50 command grab, you can cancel to make it very hard to punish
f23 (Safe) you can cancel to make it safe (I think 100%safe)
332 (GAP) you can cancel to make it very hard to punish
b2 GRAB (BROKEN) This is broken Guys my opinion

MixUps:

b11d3 (low mid low) Medium Start
3322 (mid, low, OH, OH) Slow Start
112 (mid mid mid) Good Start (Punish) if you get in finish wit 1+3 Grab (blockeable) if is blocked you can 50/50 command grab, you can cancel to make it safe (I think 100%safe)

Command Grabs:

dbf1 (EX) Stand Grab, Whiff if you duck or jump if you get in easily 400+
db1 (EX) Duck Grab, Whiff if you stand or jump if you get in easily 400+

Meterburn Gameplan

Just for EX Command Grab

Trait:

Power up about 6 secs recharged in about 12 secs

Good:

f3 Double Hit
j1 Good air to air
j2 Double Hit
Good for zonner chars
You can make your strings safe cancelling (Safe or Hard to punish and read)
Lot of mixup
Bad:

Bad AA
No Projectil

Tier List: (My opinion)

A o A+
Can you cancel b11 into low grab and is knockdown advantage on grabs enough for oki?

Bf3 is way better than I though but yea it's her oki and neutral tool. Its not a pressure thing empress it has to much startup for that.
You can cancel b1 into any throw and its a tick throw if that's what you meant jester and yea it gives you hop oki and you can decide which side you end up on or if you want to bait reversal with it.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
Just saw Reo's breakdown of this character, and she looks pretty insane. My question is--how does one deal with her constant mixups? She seems straight up oppressive when she gets in, and it doesn't even seem possible to read the mixups, especially with things like OH command throw and instant cheetah dive.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Just saw Reo's breakdown of this character, and she looks pretty insane. My question is--how does one deal with her constant mixups? She seems straight up oppressive when she gets in, and it doesn't even seem possible to read the mixups, especially with things like OH command throw and instant cheetah dive.
Can you please post the breakdown video? I can't find it anywhere.

Also, most of us don't have the game yet and some stuff will most likely change but the only thing we know for sure is that she is a "get in your face and mix the hell out of your oponent" character she is pretty unsafe tho so I guess if you make a good read you will get a full combo punish, if you guess wrong then she will be able to MB her stuff and get good damage for one bar... Not to mention that she has to get in and her range is not the best so yeah.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I see so much cmd kano in her. Actually far better do to her quick speed damage and mobility.

Just the threat of her lead and low mid high command grabs should keep most of her match ups in her favour. Not having a projectile will hurt her but the way I see it when she gets in she'll hurt you.

I just wish I can successfully pull off her command grabs in her strings more often on the hit box then on controller.

Can't wait to play her.

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
Anyone know of a cheetah discord? Her moves look disrespectful and kinda broken if she can also mix. I hope the divekick is like sonya's on whiff to navigate zoners. I think the pounce will be used for setups and meaty on wake up. Doesn't look like a viable anti-zoning tool except on a read. Hopefully I'm wrong.
i'd also love to know if this is out there

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Someone going to need to get the BNB thread going. I'd volunteer but I doubt you guys would allow it. I'll post what I've learned here for now.

D2 seems to be her only meterless launching tool, but you can connect it cleanly from a J1

Been in the lab for 25 minutes all I've learned is

J1, D2, 22xxDBF1/DB1ex, B3, J2, B21+3dd for 300 damage.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I was labbing her for like 30 minutes feeling like an idiot because none of shit seemed to really combo.

The I realized that ji2 is the glue that hold the good shit together and she's been absolutely awesome to play as since.

Also the Vixen skin is A++, Cheetah who?

I'm having trouble doing that string that ends in the grab that causes Cheetah to flip over them and slam them to the ground if you press F, F or D, D. But I cannot for the life of me find the timing for F, F or D, D. I have to be doing something completely wrong or misunderstanding the input. Any help would be greatly appreciated.