3.*D3 = low
4.*Dash up f2,3,grab again = mid, low
5.*Dash pause grab = grab
6. * ia db2
7.* free jump in

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
im trying to learn how cheetah works, i went into the lab with her and im not understanding her up close game. i don't know how to defend against it, she's a command grab character correct?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
so just what do i do vs her up close?
Block low, react to F3. If she sweeps and you block it its -8 so make sure to take your turn.

Not many cheetah are doing command grabs raw or even ticked but if you fight one that can, make sure to never have the same block pattern and to punish any whiffed grabs (-20~).

She has no overhead starters other than command grab but if you block low if opens up low grab so in general just create space by hold backwards, if you eat a d3; vary your wake-up game to keep her guessing and don't give her free pressure.

In general you want to be ready to air2air her when she goes for obvious lunges and d1 check everytime she dashes into your zone.

Don't get overwhelmed by f3 (its plus 10 but push back on some character give her no follow-up) and its better to reset neutral and keep her out than fight back and eat a mb f3 or get low profiled by sweep.

Obviously make sure to punish her divekick!

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Block low, react to F3. If she sweeps and you block it its -8 so make sure to take your turn.

Not many cheetah are doing command grabs raw or even ticked but if you fight one that can, make sure to never have the same block pattern and to punish any whiffed grabs (-20~).

She has no overhead starters other than command grab but if you block low if opens up low grab so in general just create space by hold backwards, if you eat a d3; vary your wake-up game to keep her guessing and don't give her free pressure.

In general you want to be ready to air2air her when she goes for obvious lunges and d1 check everytime she dashes into your zone.

Don't get overwhelmed by f3 (its plus 10 but push back on some character give her no follow-up) and its better to reset neutral and keep her out than fight back and eat a mb f3 or get low profiled by sweep.

Obviously make sure to punish her divekick!
what are her tick throws?

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Buffs are meh unless they changed gaps or new tic throws imo. It's nice but only against people that don't know the strings to begin with. At least aquaman is dead.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Buffs are meh unless they changed gaps or new tic throws imo. It's nice but only against people that don't know the strings to begin with. At least aquaman is dead.
You are underestimating the nerfs to top tiers and how good that string is going to be. If people are just mashing backdash and you bounce cancel RIP

3,3 Lunge cancel to catch backdash and stuff, she has answers and then when they block it she is still gonna be plus? Its great stuff.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
You are underestimating the nerfs to top tiers and how good that string is going to be. If people are just mashing backdash and you bounce cancel RIP

3,3 Lunge cancel to catch backdash and stuff, she has answers and then when they block it she is still gonna be plus? Its great stuff.
I'm happy about the nerfs to top tiers. Gotta see how it all plays out I guess. They didn't mention everything.

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
I think we're gonna be in a good spot come patch time. Her tough matches got nerfed and she got a minor buff. New problem characters though, with Canary, Robin and Supergirl's changes.

Overall I think we'll be ok, and possibly the lower end of top 10.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
It is definitely a good time to be a Cheetah Girl. I am probably keeping her at secondary because I'm having more fun with Canary these days and Canary just got TURBOCHARGED, but I feel really good about where Cheetah's gonna be at after this patch.

Hey you guys I have been working on a Cheetah combos guide video! Please tell me how I can improve on her, or what mistakes I made in the video. It may take me a while to reply back :(

Hey so it looks like after the buff we can 332 on block and it jails to a d1 tic throw. I tried it vs cyborgs d1 and 8/10 times beat him out. Can someone test to see if I'm trippin? I know its now +1 so it seems that the math would be right

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Hey so it looks like after the buff we can 332 on block and it jails to a d1 tic throw. I tried it vs cyborgs d1 and 8/10 times beat him out. Can someone test to see if I'm trippin? I know its now +1 so it seems that the math would be right
The plus 1 means very little in regards to offence. You can back dash the last hit and punish with some characters and if you try to lunge to catch a backdash, they can get a D2 punish as you pass over.

Its a big mindgame and when somebody knows the match-up they are going to either backdash or mash d1 against it - in essence blocking can be the worse thing to do because of the threat of a raw command grab or d1 command grab. So in a sense MBF3 or just b3 to use the backsway to catch the recovery of a d1 might be good options.

Your best bet is mashing d1 hoping Cheetah goes for D1 grab, it whiffs and you might get a d1 punish yourself.

I need to lab someone just holding up or back. D1 high command might link on a juggled opponent.

Can we put together a Cheetah WU punish thread against the whole cast? I know the games been out for awhile but some wakeups like blue beetles give me a hard time punishing.