What's new

All Cheetah Tick Throws

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Here is a list of all Cheetah's tick throws and if they work on hit or block:

Note: B12~1+3 is a low > overhead > mid and the last part can be blocked like a regular attack. For the purpose of this thread, I do not consider it a grab because it shares no properties of a grab other than the animation. Same thing with F23~1+3 which doesn't even come out on block.

(high) means it will only hit a standing opponent and whiff on crouching.
(low) means it only hits crouchers and whiffs on standing opponent.
(mid) means it will hit a standing or crouching opponent.

On Block:

1~DBF1 (high)
1~DB1 (low)
2~DBF1 (high)
2~DB1 (low)
D1~DBF1 (high)
D1~DB1 (low)
D2~DBF1 (high)
D2~DB1 (low)
12~DBF1 (high)
12~DB1 (low)
12~1+3 (mid)
B1~DBF1 (high)
B1~DB1 (low)
B2~1+3 (mid)

On Hit:

B2~1+3 (only if they were standing when hit by B2)
B2~DBF1 (only if they were standing when hit by B2)
B2~DB1 (only if they were crouching when hit by B2)
12 1+3 (mid)

Conclusions and Thoughts:
Her tick throw game is pretty crazy but when you look at the list closely, you realize that she is making a lot of guesses and taking risks to implement her throw game, which is essential. 12~1+3 is great because it works on hit or block. In order to escape, they must jump or backdash the throw (or some other fast throw invulnerable move). The great thing is that the recovery is fast so they can't really punish you with a neutral jump because Cheetah can block before they land with a jumping attack (mb b3 also too slow). B2~1+3 is also pretty good because even when it whiffs on hit (on crouching opponent), it's safe. It's really low damage so it's mainly used for oki pressure I assume.

D2~DB1 also seems pretty good. On block, if they are blocking low, they will get grabbed into a 40% 1 bar combo. On hit, it doesn't combo but you are safe. DB1 has less recovery than DBF1 (23 vs 31 frames) so it's a little safer on whiff. Both have 14f startup. DBF1 has 3 active frames while DB1 has 2. You can juggle into both command grabs but you have to be precise with the juggle points. DBF1 has a higher hitbox and reaches a little further.

B1~DBF1 is a mixup with her B12 string because they will be wanting to block the overhead of B12.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Last edited:

Pistola de plata

Speak of the devil and he shall appear
B2-DB1 on HIT can actually connect mid screen and not just in the corner. It may only be against female hitboxes though and the B2 has to be hit up close I believe. Weird stuff.

That B2-DBF1 is hard as hell to get down consistently.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
B2-DB1 on HIT can actually connect mid screen and not just in the corner. It may only be against female hitboxes though and the B2 has to be hit up close I believe. Weird stuff.

That B2-DBF1 is hard as hell to get down consistently.
Did you notice in the OP I said that I could only get B2~DB1 to connect if they were crouching when the B2 hit? It didn't matter if they were midscreen or in the corner.

Yeah, I can only get B2~DBF1 to come out like 50% of the time on a good day. B1~DBF1 seems easier.

Sometimes when I'm trying to do D1 or D2 into DB1, I get DBF1 which is really strange. Maybe there is a shortcut for DBF1 like involving Up inputs or something?

cashthesehands

monster masher
Did you notice in the OP I said that I could only get B2~DB1 to connect if they were crouching when the B2 hit? It didn't matter if they were midscreen or in the corner.

Yeah, I can only get B2~DBF1 to come out like 50% of the time on a good day. B1~DBF1 seems easier.

Sometimes when I'm trying to do D1 or D2 into DB1, I get DBF1 which is really strange. Maybe there is a shortcut for DBF1 like involving Up inputs or something?
The d1-dbf1 is a brutal input. Still working on the callouses for that one. 2 dbf1 has been great for dealing with low pokes.

Pistola de plata

Speak of the devil and he shall appear
Yikes, it was early when I posted but I meant to say that you can connect B2-DB1 on a STANDING female opponent when the B2 hits..and NOT just in the corner.

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Yikes, it was early when I posted but I meant to say that you can connect B2-DB1 on a STANDING female opponent when the B2 hits..and NOT just in the corner.
Ahh, ok. That makes more sense. Interesting. She might have to use low grabs on females more often in juggles...

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
So I found a shortcut for her DBF1 command grab. You have to have input shortcuts on. Press df,db,df+1. makes canceling from certain normals super easy.

EDIT: ... and you can be holding df for a long time and still do it.

This is my first grappler. Any character I ever played in mk didn't have a command grab. Any tips or drills to practice to get the inputs for command grabs more solid? The 3 motion- 1 button thing kills me ie dbf1 lol

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
This is my first grappler. Any character I ever played in mk didn't have a command grab. Any tips or drills to practice to get the inputs for command grabs more solid? The 3 motion- 1 button thing kills me ie dbf1 lol
Like I said in a couple posts above this, if you have input shortcuts on, you can press df,db,df+1 and the high grab will come out.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Complain about zoning (not u rip) and a character like this exists. So many hypocrites.
At first glimpse you might think she's got so much dirt with all her tick grabs, but most of them will not work on hit and block. Only 12~1+3 does that and it can't be mb for big damage. She's going to have to make a guess between high or low to do that and if she guesses wrong, it's very unsafe (-20's).

Looks like I can j1~dbf1 and j3~dbf3, j2 is weird

Also, you can buffer the db portion of the dbf1 during things like forward dashes and at the end of combos as long as you wait and press the f1 at the right time. Take the dash, you press ffdb all at once, and when your feet hit the ground you press f1 and the throw comes out. Makes dash throw and ending combos much much easier imo.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Looks like I can j1~dbf1 and j3~dbf3, j2 is weird

Also, you can buffer the db portion of the dbf1 during things like forward dashes and at the end of combos as long as you wait and press the f1 at the right time. Take the dash, you press ffdb all at once, and when your feet hit the ground you press f1 and the throw comes out. Makes dash throw and ending combos much much easier imo.
You definitely can, just be careful not to land the jump attacks too low or they may still be in blockstun when the grab comes out.