What's new

This Is A Hunt I've Longed For: Cheetah General Discussion

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Can cheetahs strings into throws be tech'd? If not, how are you meant to avoid them?
There is a way to escape the throw off 12 1+3 by going from crouching to standing at the right time. Also, some characters can b3 or mb b3 to punish the throw. I would assume some can f3/mbf3 as well.

b12 1+3 can be blocked and punished (-10).

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
What's everyone's mixup after f23+throw midscreen? I've doing late j3 and cancelling into the cmd grabs, late j3 12+throw, or fwd dash b2+throw dd. I get that all of them are unsafe to an extent but just curious what yall use.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
What's everyone's mixup after f23+throw midscreen? I've doing late j3 and cancelling into the cmd grabs, late j3 12+throw, or fwd dash b2+throw dd. I get that all of them are unsafe to an extent but just curious what yall use.
So f23throw and s2low command is a legit 50/50 midscreen.

I've done 3 f23s in a row against people who are conditioned.

kcd117

Noob
Ill let you know if i ever do it!
F23 1+3 on midscreen juggles seems very inconsistent unfortunately.
It works sometimes after low command grab f3 f23 1+3 but is very tricky.
If we can find a way to hit the grab in f23 1+3 string consistently she has basically a midscreen vortex.

JesterSMX

So f23throw and s2low command is a legit 50/50 midscreen.

I've done 3 f23s in a row against people who are conditioned.
I like it! That's way better. I find people still trying to mash out so the j3 works on hit and block but in time they should know they gotta hold that.

I'm convinced I'll never pull off f23+throw in a juggle so I don't even try but it's great for stuffing some wakeups and works on delayed wakeups too.

I feel like her meta will shift to using f23+throw, b2+throw, and 12+throw to chain into themsleves while stuffing wakeups based off situations. Frustrate them and if they still mash.. mb f3 or stuff them again... if they dont... more tic throws... if they start jumping grabs... bait and punish. I think superman is as bad as it is because rising grab kills her oki. Even if you low profile it with d3 you don't recover in time to punish. You literally have to stand and watch if he's gonna do it or not to have a chance at a punish.

Cancelling strings into stance and fwd dashing and short lunge for crossups aren't long term solutions imo. Stance/fwd dash are all minus on hit (at least from what I could tell) and lunge in general can be beaten on reaction.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I'm relatively new to cheetah. That being said seeing match footage it seems like b2 2+3 isnt being used and i think it's strong. On block they can't jump out of the grab and if they backdash you recover quicker than they do. Idk it just seems like something that could potentially help

Ive been able to connect f23 1+3 alot more consistent in juggle atleast in a juggle that leads to the corner or is in the corner already like: mb dive bomb x j1 f23 1+3. Im finding that the trick in the corner is to hold f and let cheetah take a step while the opponent is in mid juggle then input 23. In the corner it seems to "squish" the hitbox of the f2 so both hits catch their body more consistently. Its weird to explain but i almost never miss it unless i just completely mistime it

Hey quick question.....why do overheads whiff completely on this chick all the time when she does d3? Firestorm F3 whiff and both B3 and F3 with scarecrow whiff completely. I think that needs to be fixed. I MB'd and it acts like she's not there. She was right next to me.

JesterSMX

What's the deal with cheetah being able to divekick after a whiffed air normal if I press the throw button between commands? Is that a game mechanic or glitch?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
What's the deal with cheetah being able to divekick after a whiffed air normal if I press the throw button between commands? Is that a game mechanic or glitch?
Mechanic. I don't think you have to press throw. Black Adam can do the same.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Thx. I was trying to cancel the whiff into divekick but I guess you need a couple frames in between whiff and divekick.
Yeah, it seems like the whiffed air move must be almost fully recovered before you can input the special.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
What's with you and that mentality? You must be trolling if you a speaking to me in that type of way.
I'm just kidding around, but the fact is that yes she can low profile some attacks other characters can't low profile. It's one of her strengths and it's balanced (IMO) by many flaws she has, like a weak neutral.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
This tech I found is easy to do, but has poor damage and countless counters but maybe we can build on the concept. It's like a really bad fake Harley cross up after a f2,3 grab whiff

I know you can roll,walkaway whiff punish, back dash, wakeup, D2 lol! It's just some random bullshit maybe someone can build on

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
This tech I found is easy to do, but has poor damage and countless counters but maybe we can build on the concept. It's like a really bad fake Harley cross up after a f2,3 grab whiff

I know you can roll,walkaway whiff punish, back dash, wakeup, D2 lol! It's just some random bullshit maybe someone can build on
I've done this in the corner before. The recovery on the f23 1+3 whiff is pretty long. This is why we can't do any significant damage into f23 1+3 as an ender. The gravity is just too much and it causes the 1+3 part to whiff. B21+3 whiff recovery is much shorter though...

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
I've done this in the corner before. The recovery on the f23 1+3 whiff is pretty long. This is why we can't do any significant damage into f23 1+3 as an ender. The gravity is just too much and it causes the 1+3 part to whiff. B21+3 whiff recovery is much shorter though...
Ya damn =(