What's new

They Don't Call Me The Main Man For Nothing! - The Lobo General Discussion Thread.

chowdizzle

Time for the Bland Salami!
Online? It's a pain in the ass offline. Try doing it under pressure in a real match. Not worth it at all imo.
100% disagreed, I can guarantee you a Lobo player that can confirm off this 100% of the time will be 10x more effective than one who can't. I'm not one of those players that could confirm off of that lol. The fact that you're trying to say 40% off 1 bar off of a low that's +on block wouldn't be worth the effort is ridiculous to me. I'm not a tournament player so I won't be spending time on this combo but any Lobo who does play in tournament definitely should do all they can to get this down.

Komatose

The Prettiest
100% disagreed, I can guarantee you a Lobo player that can confirm off this 100% of the time will be 10x more effective than one who can't. I'm not one of those players that could confirm off of that lol. The fact that you're trying to say 40% off 1 bar off of a low that's +on block wouldn't be worth the effort is ridiculous to me. I'm not a tournament player so I won't be spending time on this combo but any Lobo who does play in tournament definitely should do all they can to get this down.
Wow. Did you really just say that?

I can guarantee you a Lobo player that can confirm off this 100% of the time will be 10x more effective than one who can't. I'm not one of those players that could confirm off of that lol.
Um, no shit. I bet 1/20 Lobo mains will do this consistently. That is why I'm saying it's not worth it. Because a hell of a lot of people will not be able to do this consistently and until I'm proven wrong, that is where I stand. Not worth it at all.

chowdizzle

Wow. Did you really just say that?

Um, no shit. I bet 1/20 Lobo mains will do this consistently. That is why I'm saying it's not worth it. Because a hell of a lot of people will not be able to do this consistently and until I'm proven wrong, that is where I stand. Not worth it at all.
Haha give this combo to Sako. Take a chill pill homie, we're just talking about video game characters lol.

chowdizzle

Update on the b-1,2 d-1xxCzar Throw: It was impossible for me to do yesterday, but today I'm actually landing this at least 30% of the time. This isn't that bad, especially if you have played KoF and done combos in that game. This combo will require dedication in practice but give it a week of a bit of practice every day and this combo will be very consistent. This is definitely the equivalent of a 1 frame link in SF so it's not that bad.

as a guy that can't take advantage of his local scene due to weird circumstances, I am most likely not going to be playing this offline unless money is made and my family is fine with going to places like a weekly or a major n stuff. That being said, as an online monster only, fuck back 12 into down 1. I am content with my 20% that puts me a moderate distance away from the opponent. Most of my actually competent opponents either run from me or get at me after using it and I could do whatever to combat either situation, since Stand 3 and MB Hook Charge are amazing moves. I'd rather do Back 12 xx Wallbounce, Jump 2, Forward Dash, Down 1. That shit is also hard, really weird to combo into and requires meter, but I'll take that aaaaaaaany day of the week over Back 12, Down 1.

random Lobo gimmick I discovered yesterday: after hitting mid Pump Shot on a standing opponent and doing Hook Charge immediately afterward, they cannot press a button or meter burn Back 3/Forward 3 (unless I suck at using that as a reversal option). Some characters can instant jump into an attack to dodge, but if you read that they'll do that, you can stand 3 into either option I posted in my last post for more mixups. Not considering this as official tech, but it's a neat little gimmick that can get in the opponent's head if used properly. Ideal situation using this gimmick: 21 xx mid pump shot, hook charge/stand 3 xx w.e and start whatever mixup from that option.

chowdizzle

as a guy that can't take advantage of his local scene due to weird circumstances, I am most likely not going to be playing this offline unless money is made and my family is fine with going to places like a weekly or a major n stuff. That being said, as an online monster only, fuck back 12 into down 1. I am content with my 20% that puts me a moderate distance away from the opponent. Most of my actually competent opponents either run from me or get at me after using it and I could do whatever to combat either situation, since Stand 3 and MB Hook Charge are amazing moves. I'd rather do Back 12 xx Wallbounce, Jump 2, Forward Dash, Down 1. That shit is also hard, really weird to combo into and requires meter, but I'll take that aaaaaaaany day of the week over Back 12, Down 1.

random Lobo gimmick I discovered yesterday: after hitting mid Pump Shot on a standing opponent and doing Hook Charge immediately afterward, they cannot press a button or meter burn Back 3/Forward 3 (unless I suck at using that as a reversal option). Some characters can instant jump into an attack to dodge, but if you read that they'll do that, you can stand 3 into either option I posted in my last post for more mixups. Not considering this as official tech, but it's a neat little gimmick that can get in the opponent's head if used properly. Ideal situation using this gimmick: 21 xx mid pump shot, hook charge/stand 3 xx w.e and start whatever mixup from that option.
Off the wall bounce why dont you just j.3 2,1 bf-3? I agree though, b1,2 d-1 is useless online. I just love practicing things like that.

Off the wall bounce why dont you just j.3 2,1 bf-3? I agree though, b1,2 d-1 is useless online. I just love practicing things like that.
I used the combo in my example of a hard-to-pull off(and swaggy as fuck when you do it, god i'm so proud of this impractical combo) thing that I'd rather do than Back 12, Down 1. My combo is difficult, since you side switch and have to input Down 1 into throw, but Back 12 into Down 1 is just plain Hawkgirl-tier impossible. Both her and the main man have one frame links in this game, and I am not going to bother learning a combo that's a one frame link, no matter how useful it may be.

so it's actually just minus a few frames? This is kinda weird considering I was punished a few days ago for using it, can't remember what was used to punish for the life of me, but it was 100% a punish.

man this game needs correct frame data, someone get Ryan Hunter to count the frame data for us or something, that guy was able to count the frames for the SFxT DLC Characters just by doing the moves and looking at the recovery n shit ~_~

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
so it's actually just minus a few frames? This is kinda weird considering I was punished a few days ago for using it, can't remember what was used to punish for the life of me, but it was 100% a punish.

man this game needs correct frame data, someone get Ryan Hunter to count the frame data for us or something, that guy was able to count the frames for the SFxT DLC Characters just by doing the moves and looking at the recovery n shit ~_~
OK, that guys' eyes are godlike @_@...

chowdizzle

I'm pretty sure the neg frames depend on how low you land the j.d3. I've gotten it so low that I almost swear you can make it +1 or +2. My friend is coming over today and I'll have him help me test the frame data. I'll update you guys on the info later. Frame data isn't that hard to figure out, seeing it is a different story lol.

For now though, basically if you dive and hit their legs you won't be punished, if you hit their chest/head you can be punished. Pretty sure at max height it gets as bad as -9 or maybe even -12.

I'm pretty sure the neg frames depend on how low you land the j.d3. I've gotten it so low that I almost swear you can make it +1 or +2. My friend is coming over today and I'll have him help me test the frame data. I'll update you guys on the info later. Frame data isn't that hard to figure out, seeing it is a different story lol.
I look forward to this! If only people could make a frame data chart in google docs similar to the one people made for SFxT 2013, but that would mean having to analyze everyone's data and the game might get balance changes n all that nonsense lol.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

If you have meter just do B12 BBMB Jump 3 3,2, Hook charge. About 40%

If you have meter just do B12 BBMB Jump 3 3,2, Hook charge. About 40%
lol i know, like i said in my post after that, I used that combo as an example of an equally hard/maybe easier combo compared to Back 12, Down 1. The combo you posted is pretty much the ideal followup from Back 12 MB Cancels.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
lol i know, like i said in my post after that, I used that combo as an example of an equally hard/maybe easier combo compared to Back 12, Down 1. The combo you posted is pretty much the ideal followup from Back 12 MB Cancels.
I probably didnt see it. My bad.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Lobo is awesome offline. Had a fair few matches with good players in my city, I feel his biggest hurdles are Superman and GL. GL in particular, since lift is a terrifying whiff punish to deal with in mid game and MB minigun on block
pushes 2/3 screen and is 0 on block or better.

But he's not weak, I'd happily give up some damage if B2 was faster on startup and B12 set a higher juggle state. And nuclear high and mid needs to have a function. Juggle would be nice.

That said, I played WW before Lobo so mid game is where I'm at home anyway. His standing 3 is fucking awesome.

just to let the guys know who use j2,b2u1,3,czartoss mb,b3,j3,21,bf3 as a bnb and don't know this already (don't know if its been mentioned already) this combo doesn't work on large characters (grundy and lex) as the czar toss whiffs. If you change the 3 in this combo for a 12 you get the same finish to the combo for the same %

edit: in fact just always use the 12 instead of the 3 as it works on everyone (i've tested so far)

peace.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
I think lobo is very good (the fact that i love the character help a lot too).
He has good footsies, great pressures and great damage.

Now im getting scared they will end up nerfing him too....

They already nerfed my first character a little... : /
(His trait sucks balls thou)
what do you guys think?

EDIT:Now after reading some Threads, i see the community thinks lobo actually is mid tier at most. Thats nice , i dont really want him nerfed :3
My main for sure next to Doomy then...

>>> [The question you are here for actually...] BTW what is this Lobo ''OKI'' everyone talks about ... ?

BGMD

Noob
omg right now I think Lobo vs Batman match-up is stuff from nightmares. Since batarangs hits mid and twice, anyone else feels MB hook charge should be buffed to absorb at least two hits?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
omg right now I think Lobo vs Batman match-up is stuff from nightmares. Since batarangs hits mid and twice, anyone else feels MB hook charge should be buffed to absorb at least two hits?
It would be a little ridiculous if it could absorb two hits. :16Bit

BGMD

Noob
It would be a little ridiculous if it could absorb two hits. :16Bit
you mean like Grundy's non MB walking corpse (is that 3 hits)? and it would cost one meter anyway. right now I feel like I have no decent option for getting in on Batman... shotgun range is ass, db1 us useless (j2 happy bat is another story), for jd3 I'm praying that my opponent don't uses anti-air grapple gun

I was looking for Batman specific stuff in subforum, any help and advice with other options would be appreciated. I'm aware Lobo is still new to everyone, but there is many concerns about him already brought up.