What's new

They Don't Call Me The Main Man For Nothing! - The Lobo General Discussion Thread.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Lobo probably has the easiest timing in the game ive experienced
next to Green Lantern
yes if you dont count combos with mb czar grab b3 , this is so hard to land , and online ....

as for buffs , I think his b2 u1 string needs to be a lot faster to bo usefull

chowdizzle

Time for the Bland Salami!
Lobo probably has the easiest timing in the game ive experienced
next to Green Lantern
I've played as Nightwing Batman Green Arrow Wonder Woman Grundy Doomsday Ares Green Lantern and Lobo and I couldn't disagree with you more. While Lobo's main stuff isn't that challenging it's much more strict than that of basically the entire cast. I'm gonna go ahead and say b-1,2 d1xxCzar Throw is the hardest combo in the game. I'm pretty decent at 1 frame links in Street Fighter and I can do EWGF semi consistently in Tekken but this combo is still a nightmare for me. I'd love to see a tourney guy blow it up using that combo cuz if you have the execution the pay off is huge. But you'll never see this combo online.

Swoops

Noob
Lol don't feed the troll. You can't zone with the shotgun.
Well yea, the intensity was no where near warranted lol, but I've got quite a few rounds with a well placed shotgun, so I'm not going to dismiss it completely. Like maybe low pump shot could be a sort of pseudo-long range sweep

Not tryin to sound like a dick but I can basically guarantee you you are playing the character wrong. This character definitely has mid screen options and has the tools to get in but it takes a patient and calculated player. Basically everything he does requires a setup and if you don't have setups then you won't be doing anything significant. As in ever.

Saying you haven't seen any good Lobos online also means nothing, the level of skill in the general populous online is horrible. Most of the players online don't have the slightest idea how to play a FG let alone a complicated and technical character like Lobo. This character is ALL Okizeme, if you don't know what that is you're best off picking a different character.
Ok, then tell me why almost all his combos send the enemy flying across the whole screen if he's a mid screen charac. Why would they make it even harder for the player to reach the opponent? Also I would love to see you fight raven, maybe you'll understand what I'm saying

BamSlam

Noob
I've played as Nightwing Batman Green Arrow Wonder Woman Grundy Doomsday Ares Green Lantern and Lobo and I couldn't disagree with you more. While Lobo's main stuff isn't that challenging it's much more strict than that of basically the entire cast. I'm gonna go ahead and say b-1,2 d1xxCzar Throw is the hardest combo in the game.
I stopped reading at "b-1,2 d1xxCzar Throw is the hardest combo in the game" first of all you dont even need the d1 its far far far better to go for 113xxCzar Throw and that is very very easy if you spend more than 5mins in training room
I will admit doing b3 on lobo after Czar is very tricky but still very manageable

Come on people you cant expect combos to fall in your lap you actually need to spend time in the practice room
if you dont have 10hours in training room you have no right to complain about anything(not saying spend 10hours in training with lobo. im just generally speaking

BamSlam

Noob
I honestly cant believe what im seeing on this board. The fact that you guys think hes a zoner and that he doesnt have mid screen potentail is straight ####ed up, ALL HIS DAMAGE IS MID SCREEEN!!!!

Swoops

Noob
I stopped reading at "b-1,2 d1xxCzar Throw is the hardest combo in the game" first of all you dont even need the d1 its far far far better to go for 113xxCzar Throw and that is very very easy if you spend more than 5mins in training room
I will admit doing b3 on lobo after Czar is very tricky but still very manageable

Come on people you cant expect combos to fall in your lap you actually need to spend time in the practice room
if you dont have 10hours in training room you have no right to complain about anything(not saying spend 10hours in training with lobo. im just generally speaking
The whole point of using the b1,2, d1 xx CZT is that it's a 10f low starter that's +4. He's got a few combos that are essential to making him a threatening character. Having low threats that lead into good damage is pretty big, and he only gets it through some pretty tough links. Ie b12, d1 xx CZT or trait df1~d, b1 xx CZT.

But you're right, execution takes work, and practice makes it a lot easier. So lets all get along :D

The whole point of using the b1,2, d1 xx CZT is that it's a 10f low starter that's +4. He's got a few combos that are essential to making him a threatening character. Having low threats that lead into good damage is pretty big, and he only gets it through some pretty tough links. Ie b12, d1 xx CZT or trait df1~d, b1 xx CZT.

But you're right, execution takes work, and practice makes it a lot easier. So lets all get along :D
What's CZT?

Komatose

The Prettiest
My only real problem is doing his command grab in a combo... I can barely do KF's and she's my day one main.

Swoops

Noob
Nope, it's b12, d1 xx command throw. Definitely possible, just verrrry tricky. It seems like it only works outside of the corner though.

I do get how it's frustrating to have combos THAT difficult though. I'm equally frustrated though at "online only" combos. You always have to start somewhere, but every player is striving to be the best with their character and their tools. That's the whole point. Combos are no exception.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Nope, it's b12, d1 xx command throw. Definitely possible, just verrrry tricky. It seems like it only works outside of the corner though.
Wait, d1 into his dbf command grab? Lmao, good luck. Who the hell would do that? I would like to know the damage on that when there are way easier combos out there for him that do way more damage probably.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Just friendly info:
Wait, d1 into his dbf command grab? Lmao, good luck. Who the hell would do that? I would like to know the damage on that when there are way easier combos out there for him that do way more damage probably.
From this thread:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/lobo-living-combo-thread.31974/page-5

43%, 1 bar

Off his B12 low starter O.0

Difficult to land but very much worth it. Now you can use B12 in your mix-ups and actually get good damage from it.

chowdizzle

I never said I expect combos to fall in my lap? Lol b-1,2 d-1 czar throw is EXTREMELY useful but way too hard to be reliable in an online situation. B-3 of Czar isn't that bad, it's actually kind of easy but it's still much more strict than you'll find with most.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I never said I expect combos to fall in my lap? Lol b-1,2 d-1 czar throw is EXTREMELY useful but way too hard to be reliable in an online situation. B-3 of Czar isn't that bad, it's actually kind of easy but it's still much more strict than you'll find with most.
Online? It's a pain in the ass offline. Try doing it under pressure in a real match. Not worth it at all imo.

chowdizzle

It's not bad. But not worth the struggle when he can do 50% overheads.
Wrong, it's 100% worth the struggle in a tournament setting. His overhead is extremely slow and punishable if you don't hit confirm. b-1,2 is + on block and a 10 frame low. Plus it's his only threatening low. If all you have is overheads no one will be scared of you.
Ok, then tell me why almost all his combos send the enemy flying across the whole screen if he's a mid screen charac. Why would they make it even harder for the player to reach the opponent? Also I would love to see you fight raven, maybe you'll understand what I'm saying
You're ending your combos wrong, that's why they send them full screen. End with bf-3 or db-3.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Wrong, it's 100% worth the struggle in a tournament setting. His overhead is extremely slow and punishable if you don't hit confirm. b-1,2 is + on block and a 10 frame low. Plus it's his only threatening low. If all you have is overheads no one will be scared of you.
You're ending your combos wrong, that's why they send them full screen. End with bf-3 or db-3.
You can get what? 20% off of that regular combo? You can mixup and get them scared. Again, not worth the struggle, in my opinion. And please, don't tell me my opinion is wrong again. I dislike when people do that.

Swoops

Noob
Quick scenario, you know the opponent is only going to block high, you're down a sizable amount of life and you only have one bar. How are you going to do good damage?

Getting b12, 1+3 for 20% isn't bad, but you hardly get a mix up afterwards. It's about even on hit and puts them a good distance away from you. B12, d1 is definitely a stupid ass link, but I think getting 44% damage off a good low is reason enough to not give up on it.