What's new

They Don't Call Me The Main Man For Nothing! - The Lobo General Discussion Thread.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I seriously need some help. Can someone explain the proper timing to connect his command grab off of a L, L, H? This is the most difficult shit I've tried in the game. It seriously seems like the timing is fucking random. I can do Bane's L, L, H CG no problem, but this dude is something else.

That fucking QCBF motion is the most vomit inducing input I've seen in a fighting game. And I main the Kings in Tekken.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I seriously need some help. Can someone explain the proper timing to connect his command grab off of a L, L, H? This is the most difficult shit I've tried in the game. It seriously seems like the timing is fucking random. I can do Bane's L, L, H CG no problem, but this dude is something else.

That fucking QCBF motion is the most vomit inducing input I've seen in a fighting game. And I main the Kings in Tekken.
I try and time the input prior to the impact of the H.

I was using alternate controls and was having problems but I switched back to alternate controls OFF and it seemed a lot more consistent for me.

DominicanAddy94

I'm on PSN
So what are Lobo's best options after having his 2 1 string blocked? Brady said its very unsafe and I haven't tested it out. What can be done to follow up if you were to have it blocked?

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Anyone notice that you can be knocked out of the animation for your trait, but it will still load the gun? Is that supposed to happen?

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
So what are Lobo's best options after having his 2 1 string blocked? Brady said its very unsafe and I haven't tested it out. What can be done to follow up if you were to have it blocked?
Going low after the 1 which is an overhead sounds good. DB 3 is the low chain grab or DF1D low gun shot. BF3 might be safe or plus on block (MB BF3 might be plus), I can't remember and I'm not at home to check.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
When I first saw Lobo's Super, I immediately thought of this song.
This video is pretty hilarious...

CAUTION: Video Contains Controversial, LOBO-Quality Images. No disrespect to any organization is intended by OP.
If you're offended, then Just...

Another short vid. This uses his low gunshot trait. To tired to post anymore, lol

EDIT -
There's a combo missing. After toss it's b3, j2, d2, db2 or qcf3 (can't remember if qcf3 works tho)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
When I first saw Lobo's Super, I immediately thought of this song.
This video is pretty hilarious...
Dude I dont know what that video was but it was just his super and then some goofy 90s hip hop. Thats not thread worthy. Just keep that sort of general chit chat in the general discussion area for the character please.

Lobo has Shazam shenanigans.

All these are legit setups like Shazam's with the only option out is reversals:

Hook Charge, meaty Czar Toss.

Space Hook MB, meaty Czar Toss. (Only the normal version, not the one where he tosses them in the opposite direction)

Sweep, meaty Czar Toss.

Trait Active Forward 23, meaty Czar Toss.

Trait Active Mid Pump Shot in a juggle, meaty Czar Toss.

12 xx Czar Toss on block (much like Shazam 22 into HM or AC grab but more blockstun, reversal timing is a lot tougher.)

Jump Down 3, meaty Czar Toss (roll timing is extremely difficult but possible)

Also, if they roll out of any of your combos, check them with 21 buffered into Space Hook. If it hits, MB Space Hook and put them back in the "vortex". A full BnB into a meaty grab BnB leaves the opponent with about 14% left. Will post combos into this reset after more testing.

I feel like Lobo is a character Mike Ross would use lol.
Lobo has his flaws, but I think I will main him and use Batman as my secondary for his terrible match ups.

Mestizo3

Noob
I can do his b+3 after MB czar toss all day in training mode, but online it's completely unreliable, really turned off by how tight they made the timing and u can't plink inputs In this game, I even tried 3 finger drum rolling the button but still whiffs online, argh