What's new

They Don't Call Me The Main Man For Nothing! - The Lobo General Discussion Thread.

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
If the projectile is high he can Dash under it. Other than that he will most likely have to just block and dash in.

Only high projectiles he can't roll under is Multi firing ones like Deathstrokes, not sure if the same can be said for Sinestro or other multi firing ones though.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I am LOVING Lobo.. And how every ranked match I wipe the floor with him earns me a nice fat rage quit followed by insta-hate mail on how I would be abused by "mains"... My suspicions were correct... Lobo is a confused grappler.. I hear you knocking but you can't come in!!

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I haven't had any luck finding frames where he could roll through grounded Nova Blasters. Definitely had such luck with Raven and GL's high projectiles, though. Seems to be at the tail end of the animation, boots facing up.

Crying shame that his low chain doesn't go under high projectiles.

Flipitaru

I'm living at your death
So far, it seems like you should activate his trait after every hard knockdown, kind of like Hakan oiling up in street fighter. After doing 213, 113, 3 and DBF2 (command grand), do his trait and rush in. I really think his trait is way too good since there is no wait period for it to recover and it only takes half a second to load the shotty. Also, I believe he has the best forward dash in the game since it helps dodge projectiles and recovers super fast.

I'm really liking this dude.

TBH the main flaws he seems to have are indeed his absence of moves to fight long range zoning(he has the roll and can get in very fast, but thats not quite fighting it, hes not powerless though) and the fact that almost all his specials and mixups have a tendency of being somewhat unsafe(lots of -9s about the place), though I can't deny the general safeness of his non mixup items.

Also the ability to make jd3 safe on the shins is great, flashes 6f uppercut couldn't DP it then. Though hit to high and it might still happen^^

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
I couldn't punish mid shotty with Superman f23, even if that's just me sucking it's still gonna be safe against almost everything due to pushback.

If Lobo has weaknesses it's the fact that his low game isn't great beyond b12 being + on block and uninterruptable by anything but super, and that's not saying much unless you have a life deficit in last round against Superman with full meter lol, and that situation sucks for most of the cast anyways.

Edit: lol instant jd3 gives un-jumpable dbf2.

Double edit: so does ending combos with bf3 I should've immediately tested that lol.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I don't reckon I've seen mention of it, but there's one hit of armor on MB Hook Charge (BF3). Not really a great tactic for most keepaway characters that are keeping up a barrage due to the move's startup, but if you read a single hit projectile that'd certainly be an option if you're in range. At the very least, I'd probably use it against annoying scrubby supes :p

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
I don't reckon I've seen mention of it, but there's one hit of armor on MB Hook Charge (BF3). Not really a great tactic for most keepaway characters that are keeping up a barrage due to the move's startup, but if you read a single hit projectile that'd certainly be an option if you're in range. At the very least, I'd probably use it against annoying scrubby supes :p
Good that Sinestro may delay the balls. Already can not wait for all the hatemails. :coffee:

I'm Raging!! I had a combo vid using his trait in the corner and my phone corrupted the vid, lol. Gotta cook dinner so, I'll try to record and post again tonight

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Heavy zoners can be a bit troublesome for him to dash in while his other problems are characters with armor like Doomsday, Grundy and Bane so it's kinda looking like he'll have some similar MU's Shazam has with the rest of the roster though he has a few more mid range options than Shaz so we'll see.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
According to Disaster a page back, this move is massively + on block. Looks to be an even better version of Doomsday's.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Can you escape 21~command grab if you block the 21? I've had no success outside of pushblocking.