What's new

They Don't Call Me The Main Man For Nothing! - The Lobo General Discussion Thread.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Been there. I make sure I time it so the chain is hitting her out of her slide.. It may be bs for some people. For me, I like that it hits twice in succession, which means THEY can't armor it. I abuse the chain aspect of it more than anything, really. The charge part is just icing..

I know that would be broken, but one can wish. Also on my wishlist - level3 venom Bane armor on regular Hookcharge, MB puts them in a juggle state for combos. b2u3 comes out in 3 frames, and pump shot goes full screen, MB launches 'em like GL's mb rocket.

Why is the idea that Czar Toss being an effective wakeup considered blasphemy when we got Frost and GL waking up with Slide/Lantern's Might? Y'all might be joking, but if not, I don't see why not. I mean ffs, it IS Injustice after all. Shit is heavily unbalanced as fuck.

If he came that way, I think it would be one thing. I don't think that is something we are going to get as a buff though.

Yeah I guess you might be right about that. Still, he needs at least one wakeup option that's useful. All traditional grapplers that come to mind have at least one viable reversal afaik, so why not give him an Injustice-tier wakeup? =p

On an unrelated note, in light of the universal D2 buff, I labbed it up with Lobo's D2 and found the following:

D2, Back 12 xx MB Hook Charge ( the setup I made a thread about that leads to an ambiguous crossup and auto-corrected wakeups to whiff punish freely )

D2, Jump 2, TK Jump D3 18%-20% i think ( hard knockdown that has very strict roll timing, leaves you at even advantage if they manage to roll )

EGP Wonder_Chef 's combo from D2 that does remarkably high damage for a D2 starter: Back 2 Up 3, 3 xx Czar Toss MB, Back 3, Jump 2, 21 xx Hook Charge. Does nearly 40% (I forget the actual damage this combo has), which is pretty damn good if you ask me.

I think we should at least get the pump shot as a true wakeup, and maybe the air grab.

As far as the d2: is this theory? i thought the patch went live july 2, or are these just combos we can use even more after a buffed d2?
Also, what is tk jump? (hope this isn't a stupid question)

As far as the d2: is this theory? i thought the patch went live july 2, or are these just combos we can use even more after a buffed d2?
Also, what is tk jump? (hope this isn't a stupid question)

This is stuff we can already do off D2, it's just that D2 is a pretty lacking anti-air when compared to 3 and Hook Charge (currently). Once July 2nd hits, D2 will (hopefully) be on that list of good anti-airs for Lobo. Unless D2 buff comes with some weird property change that makes all this impossible.

As for the TK part, its a TK Party Crasher, or Party Crasher (his dive attack while jumping) done as low to the ground as possible. I said TK Jump D3 to make sure it wasn't confused with sweep for whatever reason lol.

Just saw this post:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/splat-standing-reset-tech.31948/
Rip Torn (don't know how to tag people) stated that it works with lobo. Would this be the best way to end combos from now on and put people in a standing reset for a mixup? I haven't tested yet, but I'm hoping it can be used in something like ji2,b2u3, 113, czar toss, f3, f3 or something like that. Then you can really f with people going by going back into the same or Cage Redfields b12 hookcharge setups. (Still at work, can't test)

Update - Just tried it in practice. I don't think it will have much use for lobo. The only way I could get it out was f3-f3 (by itself) and even that had about as strict timing as b12 - d1. And i don't think it is possible to do f3 after czar toss. Yet another tool Lobo doesn't get :(
But don't take my word for it, I suck. Please prove me wrong!

Update - Just tried it in practice. I don't think it will have much use for lobo. The only way I could get it out was f3-f3 (by itself) and even that had about as strict timing as b12 - d1. And i don't think it is possible to do f3 after czar toss. Yet another tool Lobo doesn't get :(
But don't take my word for it, I suck. Please prove me wrong!

The thing about this is, even if you were to nail it, Lobo doesn't have any fast normals that could really take advantage of this. The only normal I can think of is Back 1, and that's 10 frames dood. Everyone and their grandmother can mash D1 on Lobo when this is done to them without really caring.

Randomly found this out, but colt hecterrific why is Lobo's normal hook charge clashable on it's own? The shoulder tackle part of the Non-MB'd version of this move is clashable which is pretty crazy considering this is an important tool for Lobo. You guys made Pump Shots unclashable which is great but this move needs the same treatment! Literally every other move Lobo has is unclashable, so why not this?

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Randomly found this out, but colt hecterrific why is Lobo's normal hook charge clashable on it's own? The shoulder tackle part of the Non-MB'd version of this move is clashable which is pretty crazy considering this is an important tool for Lobo. You guys made Pump Shots unclashable which is great but this move needs the same treatment! Literally every other move Lobo has is unclashable, so why not this?
that will be fixed down the road. thx

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Lobo players are the greatest. Props, should help me learn him so I can continue being a low tier hero.

Flagg

Noob
How much priority does Czar toss have?

I've had varying degrees of success using a meaty one on people as they wake up..

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
My general thought was, if it doesn't have invincible frames, they get grabbed. I really try to do it at range, so most of his body is away from the opponent, too. It's abusable if you account for the 19 frame start up on it. Also, if you try it on Batgirl and she smoke bombs, she actually lands behind him and both of you guys miss.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
My general thought was, if it doesn't have invincible frames, they get grabbed. I really try to do it at range, so most of his body is away from the opponent, too. It's abusable if you account for the 19 frame start up on it. Also, if you try it on Batgirl and she smoke bombs, she actually lands behind him and both of you guys miss.
Do you recover faster?

How much priority does Czar toss have?

I've had varying degrees of success using a meaty one on people as they wake up..

It doesn't stuff Lantern's Might, so I would say it doesn't have much. If you are looking to stuff wakeups, Mid-shot and TK Party Crasher are your go-to's.

Lobo players are the greatest. Props, should help me learn him so I can continue being a low tier hero.

Lobo is top 36, stick to Bane if you want to remain a low tier hero.

Reactions: RYX

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Lobo is really good for keeping his momentum going in a match. They look up and they're on their second bar real quick. He's very good at conditioning the opponent to block mix ups. Once they do that, start Czar tossing them out of those same block strings. An expert Lobo gets in, its a wrap.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Who does everyone think is Lobos worst matchup? I feel it's either Grundy or Lantern.

Versus Grundy he has armor on top of armor, walking corpse cancel beats everything you try to do his uppercut owns our jd3 and mb swamp hands Beats low chain, I always feel very limited in this matchup.

Versus Lantern talking about limited man this guy is just the natural counter to Lobo IMO b13 owns Lobos soul cancel that into Gatling on block and they get great chip and they're safe, he can zone well and even if we get in somehow making it through rockets and that god danm gatling he still beats us mid screen thanks to b1 and lift

I feel like the Grundy MU is ok, you just have to be extremely patient, and be ready to jump and punish on a hair trigger. He for sure makes you play differently though.
EDIT - I don't play any top players, so this is my scrubby, online only opinion

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I've found *carefully* placed Pump shots (mixing up the height) are pretty good at keeping Grundy at bay. Most of my meter goes to Pump shots to push him out. It's still not easy, but I definitely last longer and even win sometimes. Try to sneak a Czar Toss in there every now and then and it's a doable match up.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Pump shots? Really at what situations I only ever use them when he has me down in the corner. Where else would you shoot them.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Whenever he is in range, lol. It is tricky, because he can WC through them. That's why I use them carefully. make sure they are either blocked or hit him. I meter burn them liberally, too. I let him know i am not afraid to burn his ass. Grundy hate fire anyway. Watch how much you gain from that pressure. Keep your spacing, walking back and forth. You wanna stay within jumping distanceat least, to punish Swamp hand attempts. Sneak in a standing 3 to Mid/Low pump shot when you wiggle your way in range of the 3. regular Pump Shot is surprisingly decent as Anti air, too.
If he tries to WC (and he will), jump back and Space Hook the grab animation (then reload nuke), Pump Shot, or Hook Charge (if you're living dangerously). You can nuetral jump and punish, but that depends on the Grundy player's level. He CAN cancel, then AA grab you, I believe.
What you want to do is put some kind of pressure on him at all times. Let him know you are a ranged threat. Too many players run from Grundy and they are used to that. Give them something else to ponder, I say.