What's new

They Don't Call Me The Main Man For Nothing! - The Lobo General Discussion Thread.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Grundy's cancel on the armor grab is fast as hell, you're not getting free neutral jump. Hell, if you try to do it on reaction there's a good chance cancel into d2 will hit you out and give him a combo. Also jump-ins against Grundy need to be spaced really well, or he'll just AA grab you for free. Right now I agree with DesuBlade that this MU is pretty shitty.
I guess what I was trying to say was to out space him. Stay out of range of his moves and whiff punish him. I have success with that strategy. But maybe I haven't played any really good Grundys.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
Good Grundy players are a bitch to space out for a lot of characters imho, Lobo included. His dash is fast enough that it isn't hard for him to get within a range where he's a threat.

Quick Question was Lobo's 1,1,3 always 6+ on block
Yes.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Nope. He's still the same. It's a shame. His Low Chain needs more range and he needs less frames on his moves, but nerfing Hawkgirl is more important it seems.
His low chain already reaches forever away. And he has a 6 frame mid d1 which links into command grab on block, 7 frame high 40+% combo starter or gives good frame advantage if blocked, 10 frame low 40+% combo starter or gives good advantage on block, and 12 frame mid 40+% combo starter on hit which gives overhead/low mixup with trait on block or leads into command grab on block. His j1 has a really long active duration that starts in 5 frames, has tons of range, and links into linkable command grab strings which connect on hit AND block. Not to mention the fastest dash in the game which if timed correctly goes under a lot of projectiles. dash into command grab comes out pretty quickl as well if they hesitate at ALL.

He's too slow?

DesuBlade

Augmented Wallet Squeeze
His low chain already reaches forever away. And he has a 6 frame mid d1 which links into command grab on block, 7 frame high 40+% combo starter or gives good frame advantage if blocked, 10 frame low 40+% combo starter or gives good advantage on block, and 12 frame mid 40+% combo starter on hit, overhead/low mixup with trait, or leads into command grab on block. His j1 has a really long active duration that starts in 5 frames, has tons of range, and links into linkable command grab strings which connect on hit AND block. Not to mention the fastest dash in the game which if timed correctly goes under a lot of projectiles. dash into command grab comes out pretty quickl as well if they hesitate at ALL.

He's too slow?

I'm mainly talking about his Back 2 taking forever to start up and Charge not being a good Wake-up move most of the time. Maybe it's just online or something.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I'm mainly talking about his Back 2 taking forever to start up and Charge not being a good Wake-up move most of the time. Maybe it's just online or something.
I gotcha. b2 does take awhile to start up but I think there are plenty of options to set it up. And you're right about him not having a completely reliable wakeup. But I think his pros outweigh that con.

Dulllyanna

If you want a fast overhead, just use instant jd3 and take your safe hard knockdown into free meaty throw/reversal bait mixup. If you want a fast comboable overhead... use Black Adam or Catwoman. Also lol HG doesn't need nerfs. MC being -4 effects like two of her matchups for the most part, and it doesn't need to be more unsafe because 90% of the time you can jump back w/e to beat it out and get a free combo.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
The timing for the back 3 after command grab seems to change so much online I've been trying so hard to get it consistent online but it's really difficult.

Dulllyanna

I just use b2u1 113 bf3 after EX command throw unless I really want un-wagerable damage. Does 38% or so, gives the hard knockdown, and it's really easy + works everywhere.

DesuBlade

Augmented Wallet Squeeze
The timing for the back 3 after command grab seems to change so much online I've been trying so hard to get it consistent online but it's really difficult.

It's not that hard. I usually just give it a second to Back 3 after MB Toss. Since it's online, the timing is pretty small(Duh). But, don't worry about Online too much. It doesn't really matter much and it's really only for Match-up experience for Offline play.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Its official I think I'm maining Lobo. This fool is too fun and I don't feel bad when I lose because he isn't a top tier. :joker:

Now the bad part is he doesn't have a title and icon so what do you guys think represents Lobo best/what do you use?

Jaku2011

It's not that hard. I usually just give it a second to Back 3 after MB Toss. Since it's online, the timing is pretty small(Duh). But, don't worry about Online too much. It doesn't really matter much and it's really only for Match-up experience for Offline play.
I can hit it offline pretty easily I usually just do it when the opponent starts falling, online it seems you have to do it a little before that. And it really screws me up. And ya I agree but I still wish I could hit my cool 48% combos more consistently online. Can't wait till the Main man gets the buffs he deserves. I've gone through quite a few characters and I don't think winning with Batman, Sinestro, or Nightwing is nearly as satisfying as winning with Lobo.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Its official I think I'm maining Lobo. This fool is too fun and I don't feel bad when I lose because he isn't a top tier. :joker:

Now the bad part is he doesn't have a title and icon so what do you guys think represents Lobo best/what do you use?
Looking for an answer to this, as far as the icon goes I think the three silver skulls from winning 100ranked matches looks cool.

TimTim

Don't Hate
I think the gold bars (unlock 30 ios cards) fit him since he's a bounty hunter and also the bandage (win 1 survivor match) I'm using the thumbs up + a bloody bandage or the gold bars.

Also I'm really happy I switched to Lobo. I was on the verge of dropping this game from boredom but he keeps it pretty interesting. I should dive more.

I've tested which wake-ups lose to meaty Space Hook/Mid-Shot/stuff, here's the list. Reason why I bothered is because I tend to disrespect opponent's wakeups after MB Space Hook and hope it works, this list shows which wake-ups we can disrespect.

Flash: Only his Lightning Kick and Sonic Pound lose to meaty Space Hook. Lightning Charge is too fast, and Upward Charge is even faster/preferred wakeup of choice for this character. Block and punish accordingly.

Nightwing: Everything but Flip Kick in Escrima Stance is stuffed. Pole Fury move (Down Back + 3) can be stuffed with delayed Mid-Shot.

Batman: He can only slide, which is highly punishable. Cape Parry fails, as Space Hook/Mid-shot is NOT a physical hit. Same applies to Killer Frost's parry.

Cyborg: Everything but Power Fist and Zipline is beaten. Power Fist is punishable, and I'm only assuming Zipline works vs meaty space hook.

Green Arrow: Savage Blast is beat by meaty anything, only slide works.

Superman: can only Low Scoop, which is highly punishable.

Raven: can only Soul Crush, which is punishable at this distance if you forward dash and Down 1. Her teleport is like Ares's, so just D1 xx whatever or if you feel ballsy, Stand 1 it.

Aquaman: can only Water Shield. Most likely he can dash cancel and punish, although I couldn't test that.

Wonder Woman: everything gets stuffed. Lasso Spin whiffs from this distance, so Back 2 her into a full combo punish.

Scorpion: Normal tele is now a high, so crouch and whiff punish for huge damage. Slide is invincible, but it's highly punishable. Flip Kick loses to Mid-shot. MB tele can be neutral jump 2'd into 52% gone. Thanks for trying, hellspawn.

Hawkgirl: Everything loses to Space Hook. Can TK Down 3 Mace Charge on her wakeup to knock her back down. I was only able to test Wing Evade on it's own, but it lost to Space Hook.

Shazam: Teleport > anything Lobo has.

Batgirl: Flying Bat whiffs from this range, so punish accordingly. Bat-wheel loses to Mid-Shot. Can only Teleport, which is highly punishable.

Joker: Acid Blossom loses to Mid-Shot, everything else gets stuffed for free with either Space Hook or mid-shot.

Harley: Play Doctor whiffs from this range, so punish accordingly. Can only Tantrum Stance. I'm fairly certain the cartwheel followup is minus, so whatevs.

Lex: Everything loses to everything Lobo has. Corp Charge can be neutral jump 2'd into 52%. #BuffLex
Catwoman: Everything except her trait get's stuffed by Space Hook. Cat Dash loses to Mid-Shot. Standing Whip is projectile invincible o____O

Deathstroke: Swords hurt.

Ares: Everything loses to meaty Space Hook/Mid-Shot. MB Godsmack can be avoided then punished. Teleport can be read and punished with D1 xx anything.
KF: Slide hurts. Parry loses to Space Hook.

Doomsday: Can Venom/Air Venom, but both are at least D1 punishable.

Sinestro: Spider Uppercut whiffs from this distance, so whiff punish with whatever you please.
Black Adam: Delayed Low Hook beats Electric Cage. Everything else loses to mid-shot/Space Hook.

Bane: Venom + special move is more disrespectful than Lobo's knockdown game.

I'd post this in the Matchup thread, but that's more REO's complaints vs characters (which won't ever get updated ever), less actual matchup thread. I'd make one myself, but I can't handle that kind of responsibility due to LAZINESS.

Jaku2011

What do you got on Batgirls wake up cartwheel bs seems like she gets to wake up free sometimes.

TimTim

Don't Hate
I back up and whiff punish with 3~hook charge for an oki setup. If she wakes up again, repeat. If she doesn't wake up, toss.
chaosphere is there any footage of you playing other than ufgt?
I'd love to see some good Lobo. My win% with him is at like 70 or 80 but when I go up against the very high level players I'm free.