What's new

There is really no hope for Sindel

Flagg

Noob
I used Sindel for a few of my pool matches at Devastation before I went on stream....I'm just so terrified of good Mileena players...Mileena is soooo damn hard to fight against as Sindel or Sheeva...ugh. And yes, I love Tom dearly, but bitch please, lol, until I see you doing money matches and competing at tourneys with a character that doesnt have a sharp hat or an ice clone to hide behind...don't educate us on HOW GREAT and HOW VIABLE Sindel is...I mean she is but we are the ones who have hurt our necks hair whipping since April!!!! ;)
Well no one is going to discredit you, because there are casuals but then there is a tournie and you do what you do to win. For instance, I know and everyone knows that Kitana is a terrible match up for CSZ and if I was in a tournie and got a Kitana, got blown up using CSZ, I would probably switch to Baraka who has EX Blade charge to get through a fan and he's in. In a casual, I would probably play CSZ against Kitanas more, because it is important to learn the match up.

Lately i've been encountering a resurgance of Sindels online, and most of them have been pretty damn good.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Well no one is going to discredit you, because there are casuals but then there is a tournie and you do what you do to win. For instance, I know and everyone knows that Kitana is a terrible match up for CSZ and if I was in a tournie and got a Kitana, got blown up using CSZ, I would probably switch to Baraka who has EX Blade charge to get through a fan and he's in. In a casual, I would probably play CSZ against Kitanas more, because it is important to learn the match up.

Lately i've been encountering a resurgance of Sindels online, and most of them have been pretty damn good.
Kitana is a terrible matchup for Baraka too, luls. And yeah, Dan better not be giving up on Sindel. He's still one of the best imo. And yeah for me to believe she is A tier someone is going to have to prove that, I dont care how good you think her rushdown is. Im not saying anybody is wrong, just that I have my reservations.

Do I believe she is F tier though? Hell effing no.

Owerbart

I miss you
I think sindel has great low and high mixup. I think her zoing is good. Instant air fireballs are fanastic in my opinion when catching a opponent who jumps at u constant. I just think it's hard to pressure properly. For me anyway. like when I see a sting I throw out to pressure and it gets block because the recovery is somewhat slow I leave myself open for punishment.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
Hello.

I completely agree with you bro. I started to use Sindel maybe a week ago and man, I love her. The thing is that although she has a nice zoning game, her mix-ups are awesome. I mean, she has a nice overhead and a low juggle. And if you combine it with a scream (which is hell of a reset) you can do very creative stuff. So if you fight against some hard to zone characters, a mixup focused game may surprise not only him/her, but also yourself

On a side note, it's funny how the tiers are soooo different here in South America lol, or at least Argentina. The big guy here uses sektor like a monster.

Cheers.

x_0

Noob
The fact that Sindel has small community is all about people mostly being hardship-haters.

She's a hard char to use effectively(especially online):
her inputs/timing/unsafeness/slowpoking etc are all the things to deal with, whereas most of the people want it safe and easy.

As for me, the fact that she is hard to play as is one of the reasons I like her so much.
I understand all the frustration people were talking here about, but there's no way I'd leave queen on her own.

SLy

Noob
From someones point of view who doesnt play with her but might want to attempt I would say no one plays with her because she has a rather steep learning curve. I really dont see Sindel being somebodys 2nd or 3rd because shes just that technical of a character. I feel sindel needs to be aware of all of her options/tool to win and to many players that dont main her is gonna see her as a turnoff. I dont think it has anything to do with her being flashy or a least favorite at all.. Shes (In my opinion) one of the characters that takes the most practice and the people who doesnt understand the game from a zoning perspective isnt going to attempt to take her seriously at all. Although I believe shes way more than zoning but zoning is one of her better assets..

DanCock

Cock Master!!
LMFAO this thread is so right on LOL.. i thought i was the only person that this shit happens too lolol..

i would love if they would just remove f+3 all together (i really dont give a fuck about all you combo video making whores, remove the f+3)

if i find myself doing 3 instead of b+3 for a teleport punish ill just start doing 1 scream so i dont get super super mad. yo lose about 7% of damage but you keep your sanity.

all the rest spot on 100% true :(

Flagg

Noob
Is this just for Sindel?

Anyways I hate that levitate glitch when no fireballs come out. You usually have to midair back dash to get out of it but you throw one fireball and she falls back down again.

I played against a Cage today with CSZ and threw a near bomb next to him, he activated his X Ray and I just held block waiting for him to freeze. Instead he "parried" the icebomb explosion and nut cracked me into next week.

I got 3 things that would have made Sindel B tier and even higher. Let's daydream, shall we? :boohoo:
1) If her yell was her scream. And her scream would be unblockable if fully charged and with armor.
2) If her 4 would cancel into her sp. moves/x-ray again like pre patch.
3) If her levitate had an enhanced version as well. Been thinking about that since day 1.
I just wondered why they didn't give that move an EX version. Because pressing BLK cancels it you will say.
What if pressing d would cancel it and its EX version would make her levi even higher to the point that
Noob's shadow, Cyrax's net etc would fly under her as well?
Only air projectiles/teles would hit her. Now that would be awesome lol
It would be then that she would be as deadly as Kitana, Whoreleena & Sonya.
But just in theory, she's fine the way she is, I'm not being ungrateful.
Just wanted to share some ideas.
She's A tier.

She'd be S tier, stupid good, if she had these 3 things.

1. Mileena style D+4
2. Armored yell, and or Armored Cartwheel
3. Faster startup on U+4

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'd love to just have the day 1 sindel pre patch minus the infinite. I don't understand why they don't want her to be able to 4 into special :(

Atleast some type of super armor move so she can escape frame traps.

Oh well......

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Aw yes, the EN hair whip! I call it a "crowd pleaser" move, especially when you have your mic on during KOTH. All it is is flashy...which I'm all about. But yeah, it's useless, ONLY use it when you are dictating the match and for sure going to win it.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
zoner?

she is the character that is a bad zoner,she is not fighting,40 fireballs and 12 d f 4,this is not fighting!!!!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Gia dokimase na tin matheis kai na tin xrisimopoihseis online se kalous antipalous na doume pos tha ta pas esy.
Ta fireball kai to df4 pou les einai ta dynata tis xartia kai h amyna ths enantia se xaraktires pou askoun piesh apo konta opos o Johnny Cage sou.
Tin epomeni fora pou tha sinadithoume sto ranked, tha pareis mia akomi gefsi Stamatouko ;)
8a alaksis pote ta settings sou esi?!?!

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
tha sou elega oti tha mou klaseis ta arxidia,alla den milaw asxima kai poso mallon se ellina:bigsmile:!vasika emena den mou aresei aytos o tropos paixnidiou,ean sou aresei esena to dexomai,apla emena den mou aresei!!!!

Red Son

Noob
I agree with Sindelia, her hair whip should AA

I don't think Sindel is the best zonner, like mafia said. There's Noob, Kabal, Kitana, Shang Tsung, Sektor.

First thing that I don't agree is that her cartwheel it's so unsafe on block and sonya's is 0 on block.
Just because it's an overhead? Fuck that, beeing safe is too much better.

The other is that no ones air fireballs should hit opponents in the ground, especially with this new dash nerf.
Obviously that it don't include Sindel, because her air fireballs are different.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Sonya's cartwheel is -3 on block. Not unsafe, but not super safe.

Sindel is BARELY punishable for cartwheel. There are only 5 characters that can punish it for more than 3% (Reptile, I'm pretty sure Kano, Sonya, CSZ and Kung Lao can and Kung Lao).

Also, that dash nerf really didn't affect much unless your character had a combo that required double dashing. Most people dashblocked anyway.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Her cartwheel is safe enough. I wouldn't change anything on her. But I do feel she should get an armor move like 80% of the cast. Then she will be complete :D

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

GhosT

Noob
i had the privilege of playing a good sindel this afternoon, first ever actually, he is a member of these boards. Anyway i had no idea she has cancels similar to kabal. This took me by storm. I was only able to win a few sets. Anyways. How is sindel being slept on? I swear it seems like her pressure cancel mixups are at more advantage than kabal.. (i know this might be because i have seem more Kabals than sindels) but what can i do to help myself in this match up? She levitate cancels. and i know zero frame data. I get blown up instantly,, when i space and start doing well with footsies. she goes to low fireball and air fireball mixups.. its effective against me. i know there gonna be an EASY way out because all of you say she is trash tier. so what is it? if she is so bad how come i can get distance vs cage and kabal with ease and have this sindel in my ass for 160 seconds? haha she seems pretty decent guys.

Is there just certain match ups that destroy her ? or does nobody ever play her therefore we call her "trash" she seriously has some good frame trap going on against all my mains. I have tried down pokes, teleports all that stuff, only thing that works is an uppercut, but it has to be perfectly timed, and its only working with my mileena not cyrax or raiden. thanks help me out if you can. And gg's to the fellow TYM guys reaping Sindel

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
If you block a string and she attempts to levi cancel, you can easily d1, uppercut her, if your character's is fast enough, or use an armored attack right out of the cancel.
She can, however, use a instant levi fb to mix it up, but regardless, her cancel is really not as good as kabal's.

You can poke her out or cross over all her wakeups at close range and she has no armor attack herself to escape heavy rushdown. She does have a 6 range d1, but the range on it is extremely short.
She struggles because there are too many characters that have armor, teleports, are much faster, can trade projectiles, and rush her down without good ways of escaping.

That said I think that she is either mid-low to mid tier, but ultimately there are fighters which pretty much outclass her.