What's new

There is really no hope for Sindel

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
i had the privilege of playing a good sindel this afternoon, first ever actually, he is a member of these boards.
Who is this Sindel player you speak of? Was it KeyWestBoi on XBL,? that's the best Sindel player on there but he retired MK for SCV from the last time I talked to him. Or was it Crazy_JoeJoe_88 on PSN? that's one crazy Sindel if you've played him too.

No way Sindel is a 'Bad Character' her zoning is very strong but her normals are slow in exchange, she only lacks armor.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
The players are low tier. The characters arent. Once mr. Mileena shows off sindel at Texas showdown no one will be saying she sucks again. Armor would make her complete.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

She is hard to win with, but I am going to try my best.

If i just get blown up at texas showdown, then :/

but if i dont, i know she is tourny viable, and will have her as back up at EVO

If you block a string and she attempts to levi cancel, you can easily d1, uppercut her, if your character's is fast enough, or use an armored attack right out of the cancel.
She can, however, use a instant levi fb to mix it up, but regardless, her cancel is really not as good as kabal's.

You can poke her out or cross over all her wakeups at close range and she has no armor attack herself to escape heavy rushdown. She does have a 6 range d1, but the range on it is extremely short.
She struggles because there are too many characters that have armor, teleports, are much faster, can trade projectiles, and rush her down without good ways of escaping.

That said I think that she is either mid-low to mid tier, but ultimately there are fighters which pretty much outclass her.
if i decide not to end that with levi, but with a yell, cartwheel etc, you're going to eat that.

also, after d4,2, and 2,1 levi cancel. she is granted a free d1, d3 and standing 1

whether it be on block or hit

GhosT

Noob
Who is this Sindel player you speak of? Was it KeyWestBoi on XBL,? that's the best Sindel player on there but he retired MK for SCV from the last time I talked to him. Or was it Crazy_JoeJoe_88 on PSN? that's one crazy Sindel if you've played him too.

No way Sindel is a 'Bad Character' her zoning is very strong but her normals are slow in exchange, she only lacks armor.
I haven't played either of those guys. I have only played one good sindel. and He was beating me with frame traps from levi cancel, which i had no idea about, still not sure how to get out of it online, It was a harder guessing game than cage or kabals stuff. His name was Desynkronized i think.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I haven't played either of those guys. I have only played one good sindel. and He was beating me with frame traps from levi cancel, which i had no idea about, still not sure how to get out of it online, It was a harder guessing game than cage or kabals stuff. His name was Desynkronized i think.
if you block low her mixups become non existant. The worst you will get is maybe a b3,Low fb mind game, but thats better than a 40% from the overhead.

If you can get any opening just beat the shit out of her, and dont stop. The only time she is going to get out is with xray, her pokes are very low ranged, and she has no wake up game that you can rush over.

With armoured step up she would be alot better, but atm she cant really zone well enough to keep people off her, and her mixups are very dry unless you tack on some throws and fireballs, and maybe get lucky with a scream.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
you honestly think blocking low solves your problems? haha she much more capable and its that reasoning why players that r good with her like me and mr meelina will blow you up with her because you dont respect her as a character

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
you honestly think blocking low solves your problems? haha she much more capable and its that reasoning why players that r good with her like me and mr meelina will blow you up with her because you dont respect her as a character
If i stand up i am open to your b1 mixups and high hitting normals, as well as low fireballs. Its not so much that i dont respect the character, its that NRS didnt give her the tools she requires to cover her holes (lol).

I dont know where your hostility comes from, but im guessing that from your brilliant english, grammar and your amazing profile picture that you are probably just a keyboard warrior.

You can poke sindel away alot because her d1 has bad range, and if you block her low game she can only do chip and levi cancel damage, and aswell as that one of her greater strings (11b24) will whiff and even get punished or have the pressure reversed.

You can poke and sometimes even punish the startup on her b3, and the second hit is easily reacted to, so shes not likely to open you up with that.

She might be better than people are giving her credit for but she can be rushed far too easily, her zoning isnt even a threat to half the cast with teleports and armoured moves, as well as people who can just zone themselves.

Unless you suddenly think your johnny cage or something, you cant beat people with just chip, and once her mixup game is worn off she goes back to just being a punching bag, with no defensive options, no fast normals for escaping (a good d3 maybe, but d1 is too short) and no armoured moves, and levitate cancels/advantage isnt that threatening anyway.

Some people might think different to me, and Mr Mileena is probably going to turn some heads, but i still think she is one of the worst characters in the game.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
hey i dont have any hostility haha i was respectful so retract the insults, im just saying she is always disrespected and clowned, and the lack of respect in what she can do will make people lose to her when a skilled player has her, thats all my point is . Im not sure why you keep referring to her b3? unless hit confirmed off a jp or used after a confirmed scream are good times but there are a whole lot of better chocies in terms of pressure and tricks and the levitate cancels are a huge boost that is definetly threatning and if mr meelina doesnt play at a tourney before civil war and things work out ill be down there but if not ill definetly be at ect again

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
People disrespect and clown her because she is easy to beat for most of the cast, especially characters that can turtle well and escape from pressure easily. Even when she is used at her fullest potential, by any player, she hasnt got the tools that other characters have and can use/abuse to kill her.

At the minimum i think she needs an armoured move, something threatening on wakeups (although thats not necessary as kitana and quan chi prove), and i think she needs to be able to set up combos easier or from more of her options, probably make her 4 special cancellable or make her combos scale better so she can get more overall damage without pushing her bnb combos over the top, so maybe like air to airs and like 21/11 hit confirms could get a bit more damage squeezed out of them.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
i can agree with you about 4 being special cancable but she doesnt need damage one wrong guess from u and its 50 percent of your life or damn near it and thats what people dont understand and okay she can be rushdown but they are in full attack because u have never had sindel up in your face and actually knowing what to do .

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
i can agree with you about 4 being special cancable but she doesnt need damage one wrong guess from u and its 50 percent of your life or damn near it and thats what people dont understand and okay she can be rushdown but they are in full attack because u have never had sindel up in your face and actually knowing what to do .
Where did you get ~50% off a wrong guess, and tell me why its a guess when you just block low until you see the overhead coming, which you can just poke anyway unless its jailed...

Dsynkronized

Tierless
jp s2 yell jp 21 lev cancel 21 hit confirm one into ex yell jp b3 f 2 dash b1 2 1 dash 1 dash 111 hair whip so if i constantly mix u up i will keep u from predicting that 2 1 and if u block it congrats but i can string that 2 1 from everywhere and i also can hitconfirm everything into en yell bringing u back in levi cancel and into so many options

Dsynkronized

Tierless
i just find it funny that your whole escaping this levi cancel is with a poke ...its lack of respect because mr meelina is right ...u get switched up trying to poke then eat a yell and then what u dont learn a lesson and try again in which case ill still poke u before u poke me....fact is u DONT have frame advantage and every player attacks as if they do

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Your 50% has problems. 21 levitate even on hit doesnt give enough advantage for another 21 without being able to get poked out. You cant really hit confirm the 1 into an ex yell, as they will block low on reaction to the 2, although you can backdash out of the ex yell to make it safe i suppose(not sure though). I think that off a 2 levitate cancel you can get a 11 or a poke for free, again if they are blocking low neither of those even when levi canceled will give you any significant advantage and you can get poked out.

Again, after a levi cancel you dont have enough advantage to pull off that many tricks unless its off a 2, 21 or 311 on block. The only thing really that you have to fear is being shot with a levi~fireball instead of the cancel, or getting grabbed. You can see clearly the levi cancel come out, and you arent gonna just let go of block to poke if they cancel into yell instead.

I have been playing sindel a bit over the last few weeks, and have been stuck for things to do in a lot of matches. I would say most of my damage, and all of my openings, come from baits and good spacing, which you can apply to any character.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
lol im not sure what side ur one right now? i mean we have to different views about how to play her i mean im not a person playing safe all the time i could care less about fd it helps but u still have to factor in natural reaction from opposition and i am really good at that so baiting and tricking are easy for me

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
lol im not sure what side ur one right now? i mean we have to different views about how to play her i mean im not a person playing safe all the time i could care less about fd it helps but u still have to factor in natural reaction from opposition and i am really good at that so baiting and tricking are easy for me
Im not really on any side, i was just questioning your logic of how to get 50%, and telling you where the holes are. I think sindel is a fun character with loads of cool stuff, just none of it really shapes up to being groundbreaking on her, and to be honest it doesnt really make her that threatening. Not caring about frame data is bad with sindel, because only some of her strings are fast enough to use off the advantage without being poked out of, and playing like a mad person and firing off EX yells in someones face will get you killed really fast. As soon as someone knocks you down they can pretty much just lay into you for free, and once they have a life lead they force you to come to them or chip them out with fireballs, which wont happen. People keep sindel out pretty easily, and as her normals are relatively slow she has to get lucky alot to win and when other characters have 6-7 frame normals and can punish you for 60% and such, luck is all you have.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
right well i defiently understand you on that but im just saying u can make that string happen like its a real possibilty u know . thank you for showing me my weak spots and everything but i know that there are ways around it and when i say idc about frame datawith her i didnt mean i love playing reckless i just mean that its not good to always be safe

right well i defiently understand you on that but im just saying u can make that string happen like its a real possibilty u know . thank you for showing me my weak spots and everything but i know that there are ways around it and when i say idc about frame datawith her i didnt mean i love playing reckless i just mean that its not good to always be safe

this will get you blown up.

you have to also remember 2, doesnt hit small hitbox chaacters on crouch too.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Yeah i get what you mean, you need to take some risks, but based on good reads and mixups/mindgames , not just being crazy and throwing unsafe stuff around. Thats why i say sindel is a bad character though, characters like sonya can be 100% safe after every string, and has a 50/50 mixup to fight with it, aswell as armoured launcher, fast projectile, good range on pokes, fast normals, huge combo damage, and only a few bad matchups, you can understand why sindel gets shit on.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
i mean honestly its not even her step up i would like armored i would perfer something like shang tsungs soul steal u know make her ex scream have armor that would be fair and really nice and mr mileena what do you mean?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
i mean honestly its not even her step up i would like armored i would perfer something like shang tsungs soul steal u know make her ex scream have armor that would be fair and really nice and mr mileena what do you mean?
Hes just confirming what i already told you that people can just duck and poke out under your 2/21 strings, but its not every character, although d3 usually lowers your hitbox under the 2 from my experiences.

Mr. Mileena did anything come of that 212 setup that you spoke of? i have been messing about in the lab and cant really seem to find a way to make it work out, its like most chargable normals, it sucks :p