What's new

The Zoning Academy (Mortal Kombat X Edition)

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Will predator be the zoner that save us all and defeats the evil run button? Will he continue the trend of zoning being topped/saved by DLC characters? Will I be able to collect the skulls as trophies of all the 50/50 mongoloids who think they can can ussain bolt run at me with no consequences? Will Wizard finally decide that this game needs predator an un-ban him from evo and allow the game to receive accolades and oscars for his fundamental zoning performance in top 8? Will he share his zoning technology and give plasma cannons to all our earthrealm and outworld zoning heroes? Tune in tomorrow.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Will predator be the zoner that save us all and defeats the evil run button? Will he continue the trend of zoning being topped/saved by DLC characters? Will I be able to collect the skulls as trophies of all the 50/50 mongoloids who they can can ussain bolt run at me with no consequences? Will Wizard finally decide that this game needs predator an un-ban him from evo and allow the game to receive accolades and oscars for his fundamental zoning performance in top 8? Will he share his zoning technology and give plasma cannons to all our earthrealm and outworld zoning heroes? Tune in tomorrow.
Nice use of mongoloid. I didn't see anything about shaming the anti zoning zealots though. You have to make sure the rushdown fools don't mistake your superior zoning tech as "spamming". Otherwise great post

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Nice use of mongoloid. I didn't see anything about shaming the anti zoning zealots though. You have to make sure the rushdown fools don't mistake your superior zoning tech as "spamming". Otherwise great post
Good point I'll take note

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Great showing yesterday at ESL for zoning! Especially when you consider the source.

Top 3 zoning characters as of today.

1. Bone Shaper Shinnok
2. Hish-Qu-Ten Predator
3. Summoner Quan Chi

For meticulous reasons, click here.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Great showing yesterday at ESL for zoning! Especially when you consider the source.

Top 3 zoning characters as of today.

1. Bone Shaper Shinnok
2. Hish-Qu-Ten Predator
3. Summoner Quan Chi

For meticulous reasons, click here.
I think I agree. Where r u ;-;? I have only seen you playing in an online set with honeybee. Waiting for a big reveal ? I hope I can see your hish-qu-ten predator soon

gibster13

A fan of fans
I want to see a zoning display by hish-qu-ten because I have not really seen it by the top players.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Im having a fun time zoning with HQT Pred. I can't really zone with a guile like character unless I force myself because you need to be patient and really pick your buttons. But with HQT you have to mixup your projectiles and do some preemptive stuff. Bonus is that he also has some nice pressure and ok Mixups. At least for me that's the way and why I like using HQT Predator.

NHDR

Noob
Is there a link to the recent ESL, please? I'm curious to see about this good zoning that went down.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I am going to have a video of myself zoning with predator against a very good kitana player. I zone this way for it is what I think is most effective. It is clear that Hish-qu-ten my have the best zoning in the game. I shall put the video in here when done :D @General M2Dave i would like opinions :D

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I am going to have a video of myself zoning with predator against a very good kitana player. I zone this way for it is what I think is most effective. It is clear that Hish-qu-ten my have the best zoning in the game. I shall put the video in here when done :D @General M2Dave i would like opinions :D
Sounds good. I'm just starting to play Predator now so I'd like an idea of how people are approaching this variation.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
@General M2Dave
What do you think about Necromancer?
Is he even worth ''mastering'' and if not what does he need for buffs / fixes?
From my ~2 Month Experience as ''alt'' he is basicaly Imposter without Teleport and Mimic .. just (df4) for combo extender ... and bad tools like bf2 and this ''unblockable hand that noone with over 50iq uses''.

True

From Scrubs to Pros
Who's the best MU for online scorpions? Could it be predator? I asked in the scorpion threads but nobody answered.