What's new

The Zoning Academy (Mortal Kombat X Edition)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Introduction

With Mortal Kombat X on the horizon, the Zoning Academy has returned. Based on my early impressions of the game, a strategy based on zoning will be difficult to execute because of the run, abundant teleport special moves, and several anti-zoning variations. But a great man once said where there is a will to zone, there is a way to zone.

Founding Members of the Zoning Academy

m2dave
Main Character in MK9: Freddy
Main Character in MKX: ???

@Pig Of The Hut
Main Character in MK9: Kenshi

@R.E.O.
Main Character in MK9: Kabal

New Members

Every player is free to join provided that you do not belong in one of the following three categories.

1. You are an anti-zoning zealot.

2. You were a Smoke player in Mortal Kombat 9.

3. You were a Batgirl or Martian Manhunter player in Injustice: GAU.

Objective of the Zoning Academy

1. Zone.

2. Protect zoning from scrubs.

3. Demand buffs to zoning strategies if they are deemed too weak.

4. Avoid using "coward" characters who ignore zoning.

5. Support zoning players in offline and online tournaments.

Theme

I'm Zoning

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I don't even have to say where my allegiance lay. This is a real mans thread right here.

I shall slay many foes online and offline with superior zoning. The Zoning Academy has my word.

NKZero

Noob
I was a proud zoner in MK9 and a willing and able student in the Zoning Academy. I've come back again @General M2Dave.

Here's a little rhyme I wrote:

Welcome to the place where we all strive to zone,
Fire projectiles made of chrome, hit you straight in the dome,
Fuck your teleports and your rush down, homes,
We'll take your rush and break it down like a chromosome
M2Dave, Pig and Reo crushing your ego down to a gnome,
Hearts cold as stone, we'll send you packing to your resting home.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
While in MK9, I failed to stick with Freddy and Kenshi, in Injustice I tried my hardest to play DeathStroke the way he was not meant to be played.

My allegiance to the zoning academy will not waver. I will co-main Erron Black Marksman even though I'm REALLY not liking his stance.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I'm more interested in zoning than any other style of play, it seems to promote and develop the core skills of fighting games. Not to downplay setplay and rushdown, I did main Grundy in IGAU after all, but when you look at the likes of Cowboy and Pig, it's hard to not to appreciate the sheer ability demonstrated. I'll definitely frequent this thread, even if I choose to not go for zoning with Kenshi or Shinnok

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Man i love Dava he should be in some Sitcom or some shit.
I could see him as a priest on Father Ted who's constantly correcting Ted and demanding he 'apologize, fool'. Naturally, Bishop Brennan would murder him at the end of the episode

I would
Introduction

With Mortal Kombat X on the horizon, the Zoning Academy has returned. Based on my early impressions of the game, a strategy based on zoning will be difficult to execute because of the run, abundant teleport special moves, and several anti-zoning variations. But a great man once said where there is a will to zone, there is a way to zone.

Founding Members of the Zoning Academy

m2dave
Main Character in MK9: Freddy

@Pig Of The Hut
Main Character in MK9: Kenshi

@R.E.O.
Main Character in MK9: Kabal

New Members

Every player is free to join provided that you do not belong in one of the following three categories.

1. You are an anti-zoning zealot.

2. You were a Smoke player in Mortal Kombat 9.

3. You were a Batgirl or Martian Manhunter player in Injustice: GAU.

Objective of the Zoning Academy

1. Zone.

2. Protect zoning from scrubs.

3. Demand buffs to zoning strategies if they are deemed too weak.

4. Avoid using "coward" characters who ignore zoning.

5. Support zoning players in offline and online tournaments.

I would be honored to be part of such a group. I mained Freddy in mk9 and play Zod now. "I'm all about that space, bout that space". @Fractured_Shadow back me up Homie.