What's new

The Zoning Academy (Mortal Kombat 11 Edition)

its personal . he posted a screenshot of me saying that the match of bee and sonic was boring... because i find the match boring even though im a huge fan of both players . he called me a scrub and shamed me on a twitter group . anyway his a bitch and a dude who think his some legend or someshit hes a nobody a forum moderator talking shit

im pretty sure , shaming people is againts the code of conduct of this forum and hes abusing his moderator status to do it. instead of reporting him to the owner im calling him out exposing his ass
Get him!

Scrub isn’t necessarily used as an insult, just an observation. There’s very clear distinctions that makes someone a scrub. Try reading the article I posted from Sirlin, it should put things into perspective for you. As I said, I, like 99% of people who are new to competitive gaming, start out with the scrub mentality.

Here’s the article once again: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/

I taught REO UMK3. He’s a quick learner, but it took him awhile to where he was among the best players, but shorter than most. He didn’t “barely play the game”, not sure where that baseless accusation came from. So, he knew my gameplay better than anyone there. He was my toughest opponent at the tournament because of that fact (even tougher than Crazy Dominican and Marv, the 1st and 2nd place finishers). And so, REO beat me in a 2/3 tournament match in a single tournament. Try going to one sometime, I’m sure you’d love it and you would do great. Also Not sure why you would get so incredibly defensive over the word “scrub”. It’s very clear you have no idea what it means. For future reference, resorting to ad hominems shows immense mental weakness, especially when you attribute anyone using the term “scrub” as a personal attack on yourself or even others.

I think it would be tremendously beneficial for yourself if you took the time to do some self reflection. Just know it’s okay, I’m here for you to help. Even though you have a horrible attitude, all things can change with the right determination.
Get him!!

nah man you not going to project that shit on me . while you go out of your way to insult and shame people cause they have an opinion that is different from you . you dont know what a scrub is. a scrub is someone who refuse to adapt or complain that a strategy is cheap or unfair. i never did that i played local pros like hayatei and got destroyed i didnt complain i thanked him and since then i grinded to get why i lost im not a guy who rage quit or find excuses you just insulted cause you though i wouldnt find out.

you sir are a scrub and someone who claim is way better than he actualy is .i would mop the fuck out of you in inj2 or mkx anyday i challenge you even in mk11 lets see what excuse you will come up with after beat you.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It's always a strange mentality to me. Like in their mind, it's ok that they spam the same couple moves into the same combo all match, but the second they start getting zoned out they rage quit and act like I'm some kind of jerk for not letting them walk in and do whatever they want?
You'll see newer players do that a lot. They learn a combo, they don't know all their strings, they won't bother looking at what's safe or not, they will just use that one combo. They don't punish, they don't poke, then don't try to mix up the opponent, all they do is wait for their chance to get out that one combo they know. But that kind of play is just low tier, a good rushdown player will not do that. Just like a good zoner will control the space and not just spam the same special all game long.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I feel like zoning in MKX was perfect. There were many good zoners but not so good that that’s all they had to do all game (starfire, deadshot). Good zoners we had were...

Quan Chi , especially summoner.
Kitana, all variations
Predator, HQT
Mileena, especially Piercing
Cybernetic
Special Forces
Full Auto
And more

Sure they weren’t all top tier, as they shouldn’t be, but there was definitely decent zoning. Do we really want another injustice 2??

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
nah man you not going to project that shit on me . while you go out of your way to insult and shame people cause they have an opinion that is different from you . you dont know what a scrub is. a scrub is someone who refuse to adapt or complain that a strategy is cheap or unfair. i never did that i played local pros like hayatei and got destroyed i didnt complain i thanked him and since then i grinded to get why i lost im not a guy who rage quit or find excuses you just insulted cause you though i wouldnt find out.

you sir are a scrub and someone who claim is way better than he actualy is .i would mop the fuck out of you in inj2 or mkx anyday i challenge you even in mk11 lets see what excuse you will come up with after beat you.
I don’t go out of my to do any of that. It seems you’re still upset over the scrubquote. I quoted what you said, that to me was scrubby, and sumbitted it to scrubquotes. Because, you know, it was a scrub quote. One of many in the comments of that video, and one of many in that thread. Yours was the funniest to me. I never said you were a scrub, what you said was definitely scrubby though. It’s not like I’m the only one who thought that, just the only one who pointed it out publicly. Not sure what the issue is, it’s not like you didn’t say it. Just own it my dude.

I never claimed to be “good”. See you still aren’t understanding how we’re using the term “scrub”. A srcub technically can be good at a game, and likewise someone who is not a scrub can be bad at a game. It has very little to do with their skill in a game or multiple games. It’s a mentality people have. Just like “playing to win” is a mentality.

We can play in MK11 but not sure what you’re trying to prove. Well I have a good idea which further proves to me you don’t know what the scrub mentality is, or what the difference is between being a scrub and saying something scrubby. I’ve tried to explain it and linked articles multiple times. But you’re holding some personal grudge so I assume it’s pointless trying to convince you of anything.

Have a nice day.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
P
I feel like zoning in MKX was perfect. There were many good zoners but not so good that that’s all they had to do all game (starfire, deadshot). Good zoners we had were...

Kitana, all variations
Predator, HQT
Cybernetic
Special Forces
Full Auto
And more

Sure they weren’t all top tier, as they shouldn’t be, but there was definitely decent zoning. Do we really want another injustice 2??
redator was cancer up close
Not sure that Mileena was a zoner. Back when her b1 was a mid she couldn’t be shaken off

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Just like a good zoner will control the space and not just spam the same special all game long.
Another thing I'll say, sort of in line with this, if I'm playing someone and they can't deal with my spamming my same special all day long, I'm totally going to keep spamming it. It's up to them to prove that they can deal with it.

In the same way, If I lose to someone who's rushing me down and spamming the same thing over and over, I get frustrated, but not with the opponent. I get frustrated with myself for not learning how to deal with it. I don't blame the opponent for sticking with what works. Now, if they think that just because their strategy worked on me that that makes them hot potatoes, that's their own issue they'll need to face eventually when they run into someone who actually does know how to punish.

colby4898

P

redator was cancer up close
Not sure that Mileena was a zoner. Back when her b1 was a mid she couldn’t be shaken off
Not a zoner. But had great zoning. That’s what I mean, the zoning characters had to rely on other stuff other than just zoning, which is more balanced imo. Rather than being able to spend the whole game walking back and shooting projectiles.

colby4898

Yes. I loved that game. I can't wait for Injustice 3.
So did I for the first 6 months. Then it got boring, and for me it was because of the overly heavy zoning meta (coming from a cyborg main!) I like zoning, but it was too much and I think that’s why a lot of people lost interest sooner than MKX

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

Kitana, all variations
Predator, HQT
Cybernetic
Special Forces
Full Auto
And more

The thing is the zoning was easy to get around though. There were only very specific matchups that zoning could be used as the primary strategy to actually win a match.

Like Sub-Zero vs Jax or Cage, maybe a few others.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
So did I for the first 6 months. Then it got boring, and for me it was because of the overly heavy zoning meta (coming from a cyborg main!) I like zoning, but it was too much and I think that’s why a lot of people lost interest sooner than MKX
Could be. I think part of it was Injustice 2 was just a smaller subset of players compared to MKX, so in general there was just less buzz about the game, and less overall talent playing it. Combine that with a weaker international scene, some pretty dedicated backlash, and most people were planning on a new MK game coming out in the future anyways, it's not surprising the game seemed to drop off heavily by season 2. Which was too bad, because at least in terms of competitive play I thought the game was pretty great, all the way to the end. Hopefully they can make some tweaks and keep growing the base for Injustice 3.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
People would abandon a game if it wasn't as zoning-heavy. Even if the balance between the playstyles were close to equal or zoning was only a little ahead. Why else would everyone hold MKX, a game clearly not meant to have zoning be close to rushdown in terms of power, to a much higher degree of praise than probably deserved? (Not that the game is bad, IMO. I think it's great, tbh)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Another thing I'll say, sort of in line with this, if I'm playing someone and they can't deal with my spamming my same special all day long, I'm totally going to keep spamming it. It's up to them to prove that they can deal with it.

In the same way, If I lose to someone who's rushing me down and spamming the same thing over and over, I get frustrated, but not with the opponent. I get frustrated with myself for not learning how to deal with it. I don't blame the opponent for sticking with what works. Now, if they think that just because their strategy worked on me that that makes them hot potatoes, that's their own issue they'll need to face eventually when they run into someone who actually does know how to punish.
Ignoring the rest of my post to make this shit point that spamming is somehow valid, as opposed to just playing smart, if someone gets annoyed by it.

Skedar70

Noob
People talk like if zoning is playing neutral or spacing or like if it requires lots of skill. It doesn't. All you have to do is learn your projectile moves and figure out when to walk back or shoot which type of projectile. The whole risk and skill in a zoning meta falls on the back of the player getting zoned. The zoner shoots projectiles from full screen while taking no risks and building meter. The player getting zoned has to walk in while dodging projectiles and getting absolutely nothing in return (except chip damage...nice) while risking getting hit by the barrage of projectiles. Eventually they get close enough to actually play a little bit just to be faced with an opponent who has 2 or 3 more bars of meter.

I don't know how people relate zoning to neutral when it has nothing neutral about it. Its one character attacking another character with a barrage of projectiles.

After injustice I am convinced that I wan't zoning as far away as possible from fighting games.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH

I’m telling you for you're own sanity. I’ve known juggsie for to long. The angerier you get, the bigger his boner gets. “Stop feeding into it”. he gets aroused.

@Juggs

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
I like how all over the place this thread goes

let's us see what everyone's opinions and stuff

slightly off topic, but I gotta get back to saying MKXL and MK9 again lul

need to prepare for launch.