What's new

The Zoning Academy (Mortal Kombat 11 Edition)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Royal Contributor
Possibly the best zoner in the game. Better than even Cetrion. Definitely better up close than her, with probably equal zoning capabilities. Appears to have lesser hard counter picks on first impression too. Shang might be The One.
Time will tell whether he is as good as Cetrion. I think he is played most effectively at the tip of the mid ground eruption, where the second hit is safe when flawless blocked against the vast majority of characters. f+4, the second hit of b+1, d+2, the f+2 string from a micro dash, and throw from a forward dash also complement the mid ground eruption at this range. I do have a couple of concerns, though, such as players flawless blocking and punishing the ground eruption as the game develops. He has limited range on his low pokes too, which could be a major defensive liability.

Has anyone messed with Shang’s b2112 combo? It takes up the entire screen. Lol
Unfortunately, the last hit can be neutral crouched and whiff punished.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I do have a couple of concerns, though, such as players flawless blocking and punishing the ground eruption as the game develops. He has limited range on his low pokes too, which could be a major defensive liability.
You can add to the list of concerns the fact that having a good forward dash allows to block first hit of ground eruption and dash while dodging the second hit.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Royal Contributor
You can add to the list of concerns the fact that having a good forward dash allows to block first hit of ground eruption and dash while dodging the second hit.
Which character(s) can dash through the second hit?