What's new

The World Has No More Room For Monsters: Swamp Thing General Discussion

I might mess around with swamp thing again after the patch drops. Thought I'm unsure if the trait buff is enough. Maybe at the end of this games life span swampy will have everything he needs.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I feel like Swamp Thing might be the Jason of Injustice 2.
Starts out somewhat weak, then gets better bit by bit with the patches till he's truly a solid character in the end. We'll see though

I'll be looking at him after patch and i'll give my own opinions on why the buffs work or don't work.
Looking forward to it. I think I'll have swampy saved as a side, fun, fuck around character. I really like the way his moves look and his overall character design. But as of right now? Pre patch he feels like he requires too much work.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Looking forward to it. I think I'll have swampy saved as a side, fun, fuck around character. I really like the way his moves look and his overall character design. But as of right now? Pre patch he feels like he requires too much work.
that's why i don't compete using him even though i really want to lol

Definitely in the minority here, but I would have been totally fine if they just nerfed the really high tiers. With Swamps buffs there are more options now but I don't think it's enough to make people pick him up which I am thrilled about. I do juuuuuust fine, mistakes I make are problems in my personal game, not typically the fault of the green. The buffs are just gravy for me.

Last edited:

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
I really hope they made his links easier off f233 and b223 and it's just unlisted so far. Trait changes are great but we need meterless damage.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Assuming only the buffs stated are in.. he still sucks... .
Assuming those are the only buffs, he at least is now better than joker, captain cold, and probably closer to even w/ grodd and blue beetle. The buffs will help in the Ivy matchup too. Brainiac on the other hand, got two huge buffs. Expect that character to be dangerous in the right hands.

Hopefully there is more in the official patch notes

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Was messing around with the green in the lab. I often do because I find him a good time. Anyway I don't think it's game changing or anything but found it hilarious that if you cancel into the log kick on his gaps like 11, 21, d1 etc WW can actually parry his log, which is a low. Lol wtf!?

Last edited:

Altsa

Was messing around with the green in the lab. I often do because I find him a good time. Anyway I don't think it's game changing or anything but found it hilarious that if you cancel into the log kick on his gaps like 11, 21, d1 etc she can actually parry his log, which is a low. Lol wtf!?
Log Kick is actually 2 hit move. The other hit is a small mid melee attack, so that is the one that likely gets parried.

Edit. Yeah, you can parry raw log with wowo if you are next to Swamp Thing but you cant do it at range. Likewise other parries work against melee range Log Kick.

Last edited:

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Was messing around with the green in the lab. I often do because I find him a good time. Anyway I don't think it's game changing or anything but found it hilarious that if you cancel into the log kick on his gaps like 11, 21, d1 etc she can actually parry his log, which is a low. Lol wtf!?
Of course you can. Why not? LMAO Thank you for sharing that.

Was messing around with the green in the lab. I often do because I find him a good time. Anyway I don't think it's game changing or anything but found it hilarious that if you cancel into the log kick on his gaps like 11, 21, d1 etc WW can actually parry his log, which is a low. Lol wtf!?
Log Kick is actually 2 hit move. The other hit is a small mid melee attack, so that is the one that likely gets parried.

Edit. Yeah, you can parry raw log with wowo if you are next to Swamp Thing but you cant do it at range. Likewise other parries work against melee range Log Kick.
Of course you can. Why not? LMAO Thank you for sharing that.
"Working as intended..."

D. R.

Noob
2 and b1 are definitely faster. Buff city is a nice place to be
No they're not. Stop spreading misinformation please. They are the exact same. S2 is 30 and b1 is 16.

This character did not get the proper help he needed. This is pure incompetence on NRS part. All a faster trait does is help his corner game. Whoopde fucking do.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
No they're not. Stop spreading misinformation please. They are the exact same. S2 is 30 and b1 is 16.

This character did not get the proper help he needed. This is pure incompetence on NRS part. All a faster trait does is help his corner game. Whoopde fucking do.

No need to be a dick, could've just been placebo my bad. The trait also stays on dashes now which is nice.

D. R.

Noob
@colt
Do you just hate Swamp Thing? Lol like holy shit. He's easily the worst character in the game now. He has no form of utility. Shitty frame data, shitty whiff recovery, no offense to be afraid of, awkward inputs, etc, etc, the list goes on. Scarecrow trumps him in every single way imaginable; buttons, strings, specials, pressure, TRAIT, etc. Like what's the deal?

Swamp Thing is going to stay where he's at currently...

Unplayable at a competitive level.

OH JOY!!!

Maybe you guys play a few matches before you conclude shit. Like seriously.
Patch just dropped an hour a go.

No way you've played more than a few matches with the new patch.

trufenix

bye felicia

oh man, that dr post to colt is gold. I didn't even remember he played swamp thing, he's been on my ignore list since the a list days.

D. R.

Noob

LMAO stfu, seriously. Nothing at all has changed for the character frame wise, period. Do you know what that means? NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Any one with any since of logic can understand how fundamentally flawed the character has been and now will continue to be. The new trait recovery buff is hardly useful outside of the corner and even then you have to sacrifice significant damage to get it out. Midscreen it can not be summoned between fast projectiles. Characters like Deadshot can lock him down effortlessly still with zoning spam. He literally has no answer.

Now watch

Going up in the ranks for sure.