What's new

"The truth about E-Cigs...?"

Should E-Cigs be banned in public places?

• Yes

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
This guy and @Scoot Magee get it.
Why thank you, The thing is when money is involved money is always the winner. I don't listen to those nutjobs that think 9/11 was a Gov. plot and cover up, or that Sandy Hook was a hoax, ( look up the story on the nutcase that literally stole a memorial for a kid and called the parents of the dead child to tell them they are lying and the whole thing was hoax), but I can believe corners being cut and false information all in the name of money being real. Just look at the NRA and gun control issue, nothing happened simply because the NRA paid an ass ton of money to shut the gov. up about passing legislation. The FCC is killing net neutrality because the main chairman of them former lobbyist for the cabal companies.

TKB

Noob

lol, I'm just kidding around man. The media as in CNN and Fox News? Hell no I don't trust them, but you're comparing a large organization with personal agendas to a video about science on Youtube.
A video that was made solely based on a study published by a large organization with personal agendas.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Lol it was poking fun at your post sounding paranoid of the government. To be fair, I don't trust them either.

I think it's funny that people watch this video once and instantly form an opinion against e-cigs based solely on it. Some of you already disliked them but how many people on YouTube watched that video and freaked out? Do your own research. Don't let anyone or any outlet do the research for you.

I was a smoker and then e-cig user for a long time and it did Infact help me quit smoking. I am now completely smoke free. It's not surprising that there are chemicals in this liquid youre atomizing and inhaling, there are deadly chemicals in the air we breathe on a regular basis. They label the packages for these products just like cigars: This is not a safe alternative to cigarette smoking.(it may only be certain brands that label them that way.)

Now the marketing aimed at children, that IS a problem that needs to be addressed.
How many of you besides this guy have successfully quit smoking altogether with the aid of e-cigs?

TKB

Noob
Why thank you, The thing is when money is involved money is always the winner. I don't listen to those nutjobs that think 9/11 was a Gov. plot and cover up, or that Sandy Hook was a hoax, ( look up the story on the nutcase that literally stole a memorial for a kid and called the parents of the dead child to tell them they are lying and the whole thing was hoax), but I can believe corners being cut and false information all in the name of money being real. Just look at the NRA and gun control issue, nothing happened simply because the NRA paid an ass ton of money to shut the gov. up about passing legislation. The FCC is killing net neutrality because the main chairman of them former lobbyist for the cabal companies.
I couldn't agree with you more, EXCEPT for the 9/11 part. ;)

VGMtheVagabond

Salt Mine CEO
As a vape user, I will place my input. Yes, this is a healthier alternative to smoking cigarettes/cigars/etc., but what people don't know about it is that the liquid doesn't always have tobacco. I use it because I personally like blowing smoke, but I don't smoke anything else because my job is anti tobacco, so I have a tobacco-free and nicotine-free liquid in my e-cig. Will it make you choke if you're next to me? No, the only thing you'll smell is probably peaches. Or another fruity flavor I pick. So that's all I have to say about it, it probably doesn't harm you as much as you think it will.

E

Eldriken

I for one feel as though this is a more important conversation than, "what can stop MMH." This is real life decisions that affect people. Health>Vidy Gamez.
Yeah, but good luck swaying someone's opinion. It's a waste of time the majority of time.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Lol it was poking fun at your post sounding paranoid of the government. To be fair, I don't trust them either.

I think it's funny that people watch this video once and instantly form an opinion against e-cigs based solely on it. Some of you already disliked them but how many people on YouTube watched that video and freaked out? Do your own research. Don't let anyone or any outlet do the research for you.

I was a smoker and then e-cig user for a long time and it did Infact help me quit smoking. I am now completely smoke free. It's not surprising that there are chemicals in this liquid youre atomizing and inhaling, there are deadly chemicals in the air we breathe on a regular basis. They label the packages for these products just like cigars: This is not a safe alternative to cigarette smoking.(it may only be certain brands that label them that way.)

Now the marketing aimed at children, that IS a problem that needs to be addressed.
Also, most people aren't smart enough to do their own research. Lets be serious about that.

Reactions: TKB

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I don't want you to feel like I'm attacking you, but maybe you can help me understand something? Electronic cigarettes were supposedly developed to help smokers kick the habit, right? Then why are your friends still using this product after 5 years or so? It sounds to me like they dropped one habit for nearly the exact same one? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just stop smoking everything altogether?
Some people just have addictive personalities, making it harder to quit things like tobacco, is all I can say from my experience. My mother, for instance, God bless her, still can't quit smoking (she has moved to e cigs) despite trying 4 or 5 times now. My father, on the other hand, smoked like a fiend until a night where he was partially blinded and the Dr revealed that smoking for 30+ years had blocked up one of his carotid arteries nearly 80%. He had the artery cleaned out, threw away all his cigarettes, and hasn't touched one in the 2 or 3 years since

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
@Vagrant

I just don't like breathing the smoke in because that's my prerogative. Smoking is nasty for those who do it and those around it. E cigs still irritate my eyes and smell weird. I tried it in e and it left a weird taste in my mouth. I would prefer for them to be banned. This info will keep popping up. If you want to use them go ahead but I will always ask people not to do it around me because that's how I feel.

I could care less about how healthy they are. I would prefer they only be allowed where cigarettes are.

For a while, up until the April ban in New York, my favorite bar was filled with vapers- made it smell like a candy store on fire at some times.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
They absolutely need regulation (basically everything does these days), but once regulated, they really don't warrant a public ban. If you bother to read the article that this bitch is referring to- and seriously, people should never EVER EVER just take someone's word for it when it comes to scientific studies; ALWAYS read shit for yourself, because many conclusions are often drawn and people will only tell you what they want you to know- they say that when tested for cytotoxicity (being toxic to cell cultures when introduced directly to the E-cig liquids and vapors), there were wildly varied results, from some showing high toxicity to some showing absolutely no toxicity. The same goes for things like lead and formaldehyde being present- some companies are scumbags and don't do a good job of controlling well enough for such things, while several do. Because of their rapid expansion, E-cigs have attracted a lot of companies that are hopping on the band wagon and not caring if they hurt people in the process. Once they are better regulated, this will no longer be the case, or they will at least be forced to release safer and better products. Til then, unfortunately, a ban is kind of necessary for the same reason restrictions on cigarettes exist, but once things are improved in the future, they will be perfectly harmless and continue providing a safer and more inexpensive alternative to cigarettes.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Some people just have addictive personalities, making it harder to quit things like tobacco, is all I can say from my experience. My mother, for instance, God bless her, still can't quit smoking (she has moved to e cigs) despite trying 4 or 5 times now. My father, on the other hand, smoked like a fiend until a night where he was partially blinded and the Dr revealed that smoking for 30+ years had blocked up one of his carotid arteries nearly 80%. He had the artery cleaned out, threw away all his cigarettes, and hasn't touched one in the 2 or 3 years since
That sucks man, but at least they are giving a serious effort now. That is all that matters. I tend to tell myself I will wake up one day and have a strong desire to quit and will do so cold turkey, but I'm still waiting on that day. As of right now, I enjoy smoking. I understand it isn't cool or anything. It can make you stink and effects your health, but one day. lol

TKB

Noob
The American Heart Association? Please enlighten me on their secret agenda to gain mass control of the market.
It's about money man. If you think the government has no sway or pull with AHA, you're kidding yourself.

I'm not asserting this to be 100% true, but would it really surprise you if the govt influenced AHA to have this study published to slander the e-cig product because they're losing money from the sales it's generating?

Justice

Noob
I don't know about anywhere else, but in Canada, Hot Dogs come in packages of 12 (unless it's the specialty bratwursts or Oktoberfest sausages (damn I'm hungry now...)) and buns used to come in packages of 8. They finally fixed in in the last few years that you can buy hot dog buns by the dozen :D

TheSpore

They absolutely need regulation (basically everything does these days), but once regulated, they really don't warrant a public ban. If you bother to read the article that this bitch is referring to- and seriously, people should never EVER EVER just take someone's word for it when it comes to scientific studies; ALWAYS read shit for yourself, because many conclusions are often drawn and people will only tell you what they want you to know- they say that when tested for cytotoxicity (being toxic to cell cultures when introduced directly to the E-cig liquids and vapors), there were wildly varied results, from some showing high toxicity to some showing absolutely no toxicity. The same goes for things like lead and formaldehyde being present- some companies are scumbags and don't do a good job of controlling well enough for such things, while several do. Because of their rapid expansion, E-cigs have attracted a lot of companies that are hopping on the band wagon and not caring if they hurt people in the process. Once they are better regulated, this will no longer be the case, or they will at least be forced to release safer and better products. Til then, unfortunately, a ban is kind of necessary for the same reason restrictions on cigarettes exist, but once things are improved in the future, they will be perfectly harmless and continue providing a safer and more inexpensive alternative to cigarettes.
You are correct about these things just do a lil research on the synthetic weed issues that occurred. There is a reason many states are banning the sell of these things

U mostly anwsered yourself in the first sentence of this post.
You're welcome.
I've smoked often, but not on my own, I had a brother who was hooked on cigs and I was always around him, so I smoked when it was convenient or when he sparked up but I never really felt the need to go out of my way and waste money on poison.

The other "poisons" (alcohol/weed) at least from my experience, give you some sort of effect, so that's sort of worth it. Cigs are just addiction, doesn't do anything from my experience, beside taste like asshole.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Why do people doubt that the government lie to you? Its not all lies and propaganda but when theres such a huge amount of income reliant on smoking and the industry behind it theres no real doubt that the money involved matters more than the general publics health. Look at alcohol and fast food and other such luxuries. We know the risks and we know its doing more harm than good, and from a logical point of view a government with the people in their minds could put a ban on these substances because they pose actual health risks, and anyone who wanted to oppose them would be straight up wrong to argue... I just feel sorry for countries without free healthcare because you are getting stung twice.

In this case it is absolutely fair to assume the government could be creating stigma behind vaping to get their own regulations approved and also taxes involved, because there is money to be made.
It's about money man. If you think the government has no sway or pull with AHA, you're kidding yourself.

I'm not asserting this to be 100% true, but would it really surprise you if the govt influenced AHA to have this study published to slander the e-cig product because they're losing money from the sales it's generating?
Another problem they face from the income point of view is that they arent generating any money on ecig products. I dont see a ban on them coming but if they can confirm health risks and regulate them they can add value to the product and tax it, causing a price hike but giving them more income to support the market by keeping it safe. For somewhere like england we have free healthcare so if they are causing health problems and the governments not making anything back on them, its costing them. that fact alone will definitely push votes towards regulating them.

At this stage of their hype theres also a very immature market and no reliable trusted information available. Its easy prey for "pick-up/put-down" companies to produce cheap unregulated/untested products and people will buy them without batting an eyelid because they arent shown the risk.
For people who have put the time, money and concern into vaping you have much smaller risk of buying dodgy liquids from petrol garages with lead and stuff in because you know the good brands and trust what you buy. Teenagers and bandwagoners wont, and while that market is still available they are exploiting it and causing risk to people who want to buy them. Cheap knock off brands will thrive off people now looking to get into vaping and if they dont get regulated the health risk is very real, but if they regulate them people who are already using them could see bans in places and also an increase in price... theres a few ways of looking at it before you just put it down to the government paying people off.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.

Out of curiosity, does the tobacco tax percentage include electronic cigarettes? Meaning, is it being taxed to hell? If not and the popularity continues to grow, I can see it happening.

TheSpore

Step one: If you've never smoked, don't.
Step two: If you do, you've made one of the worst decisions of your life, and it's a 50/50 chance of you kicking the habit or dying as a result of it. You're in the nicotine vortex.
Well thats the damn truth I made the mistake of doing it and when I didn't smoke at all in boot camp, I made the mistake of picking up after boot camp, wish I never did, cost too much money and I have had issues kicking the habit ever since.

TheSpore

Out of curiosity, does the tobacco tax percentage include electronic cigarettes? Meaning, is it being taxed to hell? If not and the popularity continues to grow, I can see it happening.
I don't think it does, because e-cigs are not a tobacco product.