What's new

"The truth about E-Cigs...?"

Should E-Cigs be banned in public places?

• Yes

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters
E

Eldriken

People arguing with one another over something this fucking stupid is just that: Fucking. Stupid.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Well, if e-cigs aren't a "healthy alternative" then it should be banned in public places, just like actual cigarettes. Why prevent someone from enjoying a certain environment just because you want to put someones health at risk?
If you go to a place that allows smoking it's your choice, nobody is forcing you. I'm sure if owners had a choice there would be plenty of smoking and smoke free places to choose from. I personally would be at the smoke free places. I don't see why having a choice is bad.

Now when it comes to government owned public property then that's a different story.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Its still more healthy and cheaper than regular cigarettes :)

I smoke ecig for over a year now , and I know ppl who do it for 5-6 yrs . All of them fell a lot better and have more money :)

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Btw it should be up to the business owner if you can smoke in THEIR establishment, not the government. If you don't like it go somewhere that doesn't allow it. It's called freedom of choice.
Yeah, as with most things, business owners should get to make the call. At least until/if it can be proved conclusively these have a detrimental 2nd hand effects as regular cigarettes do

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
No I don't think I was harsh... Believe me that post underwent several edits before I posted it. The first thing I was gonna post was harsh, lol.

And no I'm not saying E cigs are healthy, I'm saying they are a healthier alternative to cigarettes. What I think is funny is that people are immediately calling for bans before extensive research has been done and assuming people just do it "BECUZ THEY THINK THEY'RE KEWL LOL POSER FAGZ, WE'RE WAY COOLER THEN THEM AT OUR FUCKING VIDEO GAME TOURNAMENT, WHAT LOOZERZZ!" Most people I've seen open their mouth about the subject (that don't use E cigs) are immediately negative and actually very rude about a subject they know extremely little about.

It's why for the most part I don't talk about it much anymore. People don't want to listen and learn they want to open their fat fucking arrogant mouths and start putting people down for something they know next to nothing of.
LOL @ "kewl poser fagz."

I mean, if you feel like e-cigs are helping you to quit, then by all mean, continue. Personally, I believe its too good to be true. The reason people bash others that use e-cigs is because it has become the "cool thing to do." I've met people that have never smoked a actual cigarette in their life, but started smoking with e-cigs. lol, why? Wasn't the original plan for electronic cigarettes to help smokers quit? Why are they using a product that was developed to help people quit smoking when they never smoked a cigarette? High school kids are getting their hands on e-cigs just to make "hey, check out my smoke ring vidz." lol..it's become the cool thing to do some reason, but it completely defeats the purpose.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Its still more healthy and cheaper than regular cigarettes :)

I smoke ecig for over a year now , and I know ppl who do it for 5-6 yrs . All of them fell a lot better and have more money :)
I don't want you to feel like I'm attacking you, but maybe you can help me understand something? Electronic cigarettes were supposedly developed to help smokers kick the habit, right? Then why are your friends still using this product after 5 years or so? It sounds to me like they dropped one habit for nearly the exact same one? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just stop smoking everything altogether?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
That perfectly sums up how much the internet knows about E cigs. Thank you for that quote.

And mannnn...... If you think E cigs are bad. Just wait until the world hears about REAL air pollution. People are really gonna flip shit about this.

....Oh wait.
A poison is a substance that is detrimental to your health. Are you suggesting that E-Cigs aren't detrimental to your health at all? I'm beginning to question your knowledge of E-Cigs...

For your second point, you're comparing air pollution to E-Cigs, which is a fair point; however air pollution is all around us. Individually, we don't choose to breathe polluted air - it's a consequence of industrialisation. We can't choose whether or not we inhale polluted air (to a certain extent), however we can choose whether or not we want to be willingly inhaling 'poison', to which my answer is no.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I don't want you to feel like I'm attacking you, but maybe you can help me understand something? Electronic cigarettes were supposedly developed to help smokers kick the habit, right? Then why are your friends still using this product after 5 years or so? It sounds to me like they dropped one habit for nearly the exact same one? Wouldn't it be cheaper to just stop smoking everything altogether?
yes you are totally right , i cant talk for them but as for me I just like to smoke ecig and I dont want to quit :) simple :)
Also its a lot easier to quit ecig than regulars ,trust me :) As for now I just dont want to :)

Scoot Magee

LOL @ "kewl poser fagz."

I mean, if you feel like e-cigs are helping you to quit, then by all mean, continue. Personally, I believe its too good to be true. The reason people bash others that use e-cigs is because it has become the "cool thing to do." I've met people that have never smoked a actual cigarette in their life, but started smoking with e-cigs. lol, why? Wasn't the original plan for electronic cigarettes to help smokers quit? Why are they using a product that was developed to help people quit smoking when they never smoked a cigarette? High school kids are getting their hands on e-cigs just to make "hey, check out my smoke ring vidz." lol..it's become the cool thing to do some reason, but it completely defeats the purpose.
The thing is kids do dumb shit. This is why these bum fuck store owners shouldn't be selling to kids.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
yes you are totally right , i cant talk for them but as for me I just like to smoke ecig and I dont want to quit :) simple :)
Also its a lot easier to quit ecig than regulars ,trust me :) As for now I just dont want to :)
That I understand. People can quit when they truly want to. Not when they feel forced :)

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
This is the reason im smoking cigs again and not e-cig vape to tell the truth. They are good for quitting cigarettes, but i wont lie i hit this thing every 20 minutes where smoking cigs was going for 1 every 2-3 hours.... Its an alternative, nothing more. Nicotine is addictive and once your body gets used to getting an outside source of nicotine its gonna be a pain to go without it, thats why you experience cravings, your body has a dependence on it...
Cold turkey is always the answer, if you remove the outside source of nicotine the body adapts and brings your nicotine intake back down to its natural level. People just dont have the will power or self control to give up without some gimmicks, and truthfully the gimmicks defeat the point when youre still getting hooked. I personally would rather cut the bullshit and just smoke cigs.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
This is the reason im smoking cigs again and not e-cig vape to tell the truth. They are good for quitting cigarettes, but i wont lie i hit this thing every 20 minutes where smoking cigs was going for 1 every 2-3 hours.... Its an alternative, nothing more. Nicotine is addictive and once your body gets used to getting an outside source of nicotine its gonna be a pain to go without it, thats why you experience cravings, your body has a dependence on it...
Cold turkey is always the answer, if you remove the outside source of nicotine the body adapts and brings your nicotine intake back down to its natural level. People just dont have the will power or self control to give up without some gimmicks, and truthfully the gimmicks defeat the point when youre still getting hooked. I personally would rather cut the bullshit and just smoke cigs.
Thread/

TKB

Noob
Man, get out of here with that shit. What is crazy about what I said?
Lol it was poking fun at your post sounding paranoid of the government. To be fair, I don't trust them either.

I think it's funny that people watch this video once and instantly form an opinion against e-cigs based solely on it. Some of you already disliked them but how many people on YouTube watched that video and freaked out? Do your own research. Don't let anyone or any outlet do the research for you.

I was a smoker and then e-cig user for a long time and it did Infact help me quit smoking. I am now completely smoke free. It's not surprising that there are chemicals in this liquid youre atomizing and inhaling, there are deadly chemicals in the air we breathe on a regular basis. They label the packages for these products just like cigars: This is not a safe alternative to cigarette smoking.(it may only be certain brands that label them that way.)

Now the marketing aimed at children, that IS a problem that needs to be addressed.

Scoot Magee

It's the American Heart Association, lol. I highly doubt they have a secret agenda. It was mostly because of your news comment though and out of fun :p
Are you saying the media doesn't twist stories to make them more interesting to the viewer/reader?

Also if you do some research you'll see that all these big associations like the FDA, USDA and etc are influenced more by where they get funding then by actual research. It's true. The usda for instance protects all the tobacco farmers.

Lol subway turkey is labeled heart healthy by the AHA and is loaded with salt and other garbage. I just look at that and lose trust immediately.

I understand poking fun at my post but this stuff is pretty serious. It really influences people's decisions.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I'm not one for conspiracy theories and all, but I typically take some of what is being said about E-Cigs with a grain of salt. Look the Gov. makes large amounts of money per year on the taxes of tobacco products alone, Phillip Morris one of the major producers of tobacco products have plenty of lobbyists working their favor. There is a reason tobacco hasn't been banned outright in the US, To may people make too much money every year off it. E-Cigs aren't subject to the same amounts taxes as tobacco is and more and more people are quitting real tobacco and using these things. This strictly opinion and my own thoughts, without doing enough research, it makes so much sense for the gov. to try and paint these things as absolutely bad for people. I'm not saying they don't have their long term effects, which they likely do, don't think there is actually something healthy and ok for a person smoke in general, but I would suggest checking in other sources for more information about the effects of these things before making a full judgement, because our gov. has done things before in the name money in the past. These things are cutting into both the tobacco companies and the gov. bottom line there are some possibilities out there.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I remember that a fellow TYM member told me I don't know anything when I said they aren't as safe as they claim to be.

Hold dat

That's why I'm $300,000 in debt and have gray hair at the age of 30 because I know things.

TKB

Noob
I'm not one for conspiracy theories and all, but I typically take some of what is being said about E-Cigs with a grain of salt. Look the Gov. makes large amounts of money per year on the taxes of tobacco products alone, Phillip Morris one of the major producers of tobacco products have plenty of lobbyists working their favor. There is a reason tobacco hasn't been banned outright in the US, To may people make too much money every year off it. E-Cigs aren't subject to the same amounts taxes as tobacco is and more and more people are quitting real tobacco and using these things. This strictly opinion and my own thoughts, without doing enough research, it makes so much sense for the gov. to try and paint these things as absolutely bad for people. I'm not saying they don't have their long term effects, which they likely do, don't think there is actually something healthy and ok for a person smoke in general, but I would suggest checking in other sources for more information about the effects of these things before making a full judgement, because our gov. has done things before in the name money in the past. These things are cutting into both the tobacco companies and the gov. bottom line there are some possibilities out there.
This guy and @Scoot Magee get it.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Are you saying the media doesn't twist stories to make them more interesting to the viewer/reader?

Also if you do some research you'll see that all these big associations like the FDA, USDA and etc are influenced more by where they get funding then by actual research. It's true. The usda for instance protects all the tobacco farmers.

Lol subway turkey is labeled heart healthy by the AHA and is loaded with salt and other garbage. I just look at that and lose trust immediately.

I understand poking fun at my post but this stuff is pretty serious. It really influences people's decisions.

lol, I'm just kidding around man. The media as in CNN and Fox News? Hell no I don't trust them, but you're comparing a large organization with personal agendas to a video about science on Youtube.