What's new

"The truth about E-Cigs...?"

Should E-Cigs be banned in public places?

• Yes

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
So if you guys didn't know, D-News is a YouTube channel that posts up-to-date scientific facts and discoveries... and here's what they found out about E-Cigs:
So there ya' have it folks! I've personally always thought they should be banned in public places, but only because I generally hate smoke being blown into my face. Well, here's a bit of evidence that they should be banned in public places...
Discuss! What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
I am a smoker but haven't bought an e-cig though many of my friends have them, my question is how can they say the vapor is harmful when theres thousands if not more people/companies that produce the liquid. Im honestly asking as I feel it wouldn't be possible for them to test all the different liquids so its not clear that there could be a safe form of the liquid.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
So the study was a government study by the American heart association? The same people that put "heart healthy" on all types of garbage like the turkey at subway? I'm not a smoker but id do some more research before listening to this.

I do know trace amounts of lead can be found all around us. This is why we have clean rooms for scientific research.

Just remember that the media loves to leave out key info to make a story more interesting. It's not about the truth anymore.

Last edited:

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Had one for about a month then got sick of it, works well for quitting smoking though you end up spending tons of time fucking about with it and refilling and recharging and replacing dead parts. non-stop smoking it indoors, outdoors, in pubs, restaurants, clubs, any time any where is probably putting stress on your lungs and throat which otherwise you are only doing while smoking cigarettes. Went from smoking like 6+ cigs a day to smoking vape nicotine every 20 minutes no matter where i am, so it became too annoying of a habit and i had to stop that, i didnt touch cigs in that time though so it does the trick if thats what you care about. I was more looking for an alternative to smoking tobacco without actually having to give up smoking, should probably not have bothered! Agree that they shouldnt be allowed in public places, it bugs me now that like 1 in 5 people is puffing clouds every time i go to a bar or a club even when i was using one i would be discreet...
Also anyone buying zero nicotine stuff and joining in, why dont you just go buy some jelly beans or popping candy or something they taste better and are cheaper and you will look cooler.

Vagrant

Noob
Lol I love how you watch one video from one source and then start making claims about how they should be banned in public places.

The great part is, even if they get banned in public places I can still smoke them anyways because they aren't easily noticeable like lit cigarettes are.

It is pretty entertaining to watch people so ignorant to something get so opinionated about it though. Thank you for the morning laugh.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I'm not surprised. It always sounded too good to be true and I'm growing tired of seeing people walk around sucking on one because they think it's a style now.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Also cold turkey is the best way to quit.
Cold turkey is easier than vapes no doubt. At least going to zero nicotine intake is best cold turkey. If you want to cut down get patches and make less of a habit of smoking cigarettes.
Lol I love how you watch one video from one source and then start making claims about how they should be banned in public places.

The great part is, even if they get banned in public places I can still smoke them anyways because they aren't easily noticeable like lit cigarettes are.

It is pretty entertaining to watch people so ignorant to something get so opinionated about it though. Thank you for the morning laugh.
Smoking cigs indoors at busy clubs and like packed out shows was pretty easy after the ban but before the huge second hand smoke hype. After that if you spark up indoors like everyone around you will freak out and get you busted but it was pretty easy.
Confirm that vapes are so easy to get away with though, sat in my office like 10 paces away from my boss smoking it for about 3 weeks before he noticed me playing with it. Never saw me using it though just slip it in your sleeve or something and hold the smoke for 3-4 seconds so it doesnt cloud the room...

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.

A little harsh with the words, huh? This isn't the first time I've seen these claims. I don't care enough about the subject(e-cig alternative) to fetch you links, but there is a website that can help you retrieve information. I believe it's called Google. With that said, I am a smoker, which I feel gross about and I've put the time and effort into researching e-cigs to find a alternative to help me quit. Just as you claim this isn't proof, there is no proof of what e-cig manufacturers and developers tell you. Places are just now looking into e-cigs and for good cause.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
So the study was a government study by the American heart association? The same people that put "heart healthy" on all types of garbage like the turkey at subway? I'm not a smoker but id do some more research before listening to this.

I do know trace amounts of lead can be found all around us. This is why we have clean rooms for scientific research.

Just remember that the media loves to leave out key info to make a story more interesting. It's not about the truth anymore.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Btw it should be up to the business owner if you can smoke in THEIR establishment, not the government. If you don't like it go somewhere that doesn't allow it. It's called freedom of choice.

Vagrant

Noob
A little harsh with the words, huh? This isn't the first time I've seen these claims. I don't care enough about the subject to fetch you links, but there is a website that can help you retrieve information. I believe it's called Google. With that said, I am a smoker, which I feel gross about and I've put the time and effort into researching e-cigs to find a alternative to help me quit. Just as you claim this isn't proof, there is no proof of what e-cig manufacturers and developers tell you. Places are just now looking into e-cigs and for good cause.
No I don't think I was harsh... Believe me that post underwent several edits before I posted it. The first thing I was gonna post was harsh, lol.

And no I'm not saying E cigs are healthy, I'm saying they are a healthier alternative to cigarettes. What I think is funny is that people are immediately calling for bans before extensive research has been done and assuming people just do it "BECUZ THEY THINK THEY'RE KEWL LOL POSERZ, WE'RE WAY COOLER THEN THEM AT OUR FUCKING VIDEO GAME TOURNAMENT, WHAT LOOZERZZ!" Most people I've seen open their mouth about the subject (that don't use E cigs) are immediately negative and actually very rude about a subject they know extremely little about.

It's why for the most part I don't talk about it much anymore. People don't want to listen and learn they want to open their fat fucking arrogant mouths and start putting people down for something they know next to nothing of.

LOL at thinking the American Heart Association is trying to "trick" Americans into being healthy or is somehow not credible. Second of all "heart healthy" is neither a health content claim or a nutrient content claim, which are government approved claims on food products that meet certain health criteria, so I don't see how the American Heart Association is responsible for the way subway advertises its' food.

Just remember the study was done by a credible source and that was peer reviewed so you know that all the information they have is given.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Btw it should be up to the business owner if you can smoke in THEIR establishment, not the government. If you don't like it go somewhere that doesn't allow it. It's called freedom of choice.
Well, if e-cigs aren't a "healthy alternative" then it should be banned in public places, just like actual cigarettes. Why prevent someone from enjoying a certain environment just because you want to put someones health at risk?

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
No I don't think I was harsh... Believe me that post underwent several edits before I posted it. The first thing I was gonna post was harsh, lol.

And no I'm not saying E cigs are healthy, I'm saying they are a healthier alternative to cigarettes. What I think is funny is that people are immediately calling for bans before extensive research has been done and assuming people just do it "BECUZ THEY THINK THEY'RE KEWL LOL POSER FAGZ, WE'RE WAY COOLER THEN THEM AT OUR FUCKING VIDEO GAME TOURNAMENT, WHAT LOOZERZZ!" Most people I've seen open their mouth about the subject (that don't use E cigs) are immediately negative and actually very rude about a subject they know extremely little about.

It's why for the most part I don't talk about it much anymore. People don't want to listen and learn they want to open their fat fucking arrogant mouths and start putting people down for something they know next to nothing about.
You seem to know everything about how much I know about the subject man.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Soooooo I used Blu's to get off of cigarettes and cigars. Took me about 6 months but I dont smoke anything anymore. I must be in the minority of people it helped.

I knew right away they were designed to keep people pumping money into the system, but I figured e-cigs were better than blacking out my lungs with ash and tar. One thing I wish this video and the study has said was this: How much healthier are they than real tobacco products?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy

No, what's funny is that you think that I saw the video and instantly thought, "Hmm, maybe E-Cigs should be banned in public places". I've always hated any form of public smoking be it weed, cigarettes or vaping. I find it disgusting, and just because you like to slowly poison yourself, doesn't mean that I should endure the same poison. But thanks for the afternoon laugh.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I dont like how these are so easy for kids to use. Yesterday at my daughters school there was 7 6th graders caught with these things in the bathroom. Thats a problem man. Its too easy for kids to leave no trace with these. So now they smoke more often and earlier than ever before.