What's new

"The truth about E-Cigs...?"

Should E-Cigs be banned in public places?

• Yes

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Seriously

I don't care if you smoke....... if you pay millions of dollars over the course of your life.

Just don't blame anyone else.

Ecigs are the same thing.... safe or not. If the eCig you have overheats... turns the liquid into fucking lava and you die...... that was your choice.

People make stupid choices all the time that aren't banned.
Skydiving?

Driving a car?

Mother fucking Texting and driving. (how MORE people aren't crippled and dead because of this I will NEVER know).

Eating McDonalds all day while collecting some type of government money ...... getting so fat you have to use a scooter in walmart to buy your mcdonalds.

You have the choice to smoke... I have the choice to not be around it.

I agree that if an establishment says "No smoking".... that ecigs should count. That place has the right to say no to you.... just as you have the right to walk your happy ass 20 ft outside to smoke and show respect.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If you go to a place that allows smoking it's your choice, nobody is forcing you. I'm sure if owners had a choice there would be plenty of smoking and smoke free places to choose from. I personally would be at the smoke free places. I don't see why having a choice is bad.

Now when it comes to government owned public property then that's a different story.
It's an occupational health and safety risk for the employees. Particularly in closed spaces (such as restaurants), you can't subject your employees to harmful levels of tobacco smoke (regardless of whether or not they themselves are smokers).

My own dentist and doctor told me that smoking doesn't directly cause death. What it DOES do is it acts like steroids for whatever else is going on. If you die of smoking related cancer, you either already had cancer or were pre-determined to get it BUT smoking makes it more aggressive. More facts that the truth commission don't want you to know.
This is actually wrong. Cigarette smoke contains a number of teratogens, mutagens and carcinogens that can cause DNA damage to cells; directly leading to cancer. People with no ancestral history of cancer have reported cases of disease as a result of cigarette smoke exposure.

Nicotine is addictive because it replaces the naturally produced nicotine in your body, so your body gets slack on producing it, so its not really that dangerous to our bodys, just addicting.. The danger isn't really in inhaling the nicotine either, but the by-products and stuff they add to it which could have harmful effects in the long run which they just havent had the time or ability to test at this stage in the products life.
Actually, your body doesn't produce any nicotine. The reason why nicotine is addictive is because it activates certain receptors in your brain that give a sense of pleasure. Overtime, you become dependent on a certain level of basal activation.

Now, on the topic of e-cigs themselves; they are undoubtedly safer than cigarettes (up to 450 times less amounts of toxic chemicals detected). However, they have been shown to contain carcinogens and possible mutagens. I think more research is needed before we make any decisions. In any way, I think the marketing to children/teenagers needs to stop. There is some decent evidence to show that e-cig use among adolescents is directly correlated with increased tobacco use.
Source 1 Source 2

Last edited:

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
It's an occupational health and safety risk for the employees. Particularly in closed spaces (such as restaurants), you can't subject your employees to harmful levels of tobacco smoke (regardless of whether or not they themselves are smokers).

This is actually wrong. Cigarette smoke contains a number of teratogens, mutagens and carcinogens that can cause DNA damage to cells; directly leading to cancer. People with no ancestral history of cancer have reported cases of disease as a result of cigarette smoke exposure.

Actually, your body doesn't produce any nicotine. The reason why nicotine is addictive is because it activates certain receptors in your brain that give a sense of pleasure. Overtime, you become dependent on a certain level of basal activation.

Now, on the topic of e-cigs themselves; they are undoubtedly safer than cigarettes. However, they have been shown to contain carcinogens and possible mutagens. I think more research is needed before we make any decisions. In any way, I think the marketing to children/teenagers needs to stop. There is some decent evidence to show that e-cig use among adolescents is directly correlated with increased tobacco use.
Source 1 Source 2
I see this thread brought the out analyst in you!!!