What's new

The "Things You May Not Know About MK9" Thread

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
If you beat Shao Khan with Raiden using electrocute, your hands will be covered in lightning and electricity will be running all over Shao Khan's body

Raiden's vicinity blast, electrocute, and superman is unbreakable. Superman is only unbreakable if it is cancelled in the corner like 334~superman or electrocute~superman

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
If you beat Shao Khan with Raiden using electrocute, your hands will be covered in lightning and electricity will be running all over Shao Khan's body

Raiden's vicinity blast, electrocute, and superman is unbreakable. Superman is only unbreakable if it is cancelled in the corner like 334~superman or electrocute~superman
where the heck have you been!

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man

I think superman is only unbreakable after electrocute idk

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Ive heard that in 4 player mode, if all players choose the same character an npc character comes out. Havent tested myself.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Skarlets b11f4 red dash slide has a two frame gap for armor between f4 and slide. It can be armored consistently.

Tombstone can get a free eh lightning after 122 hits if it is just framed. It's his only lightning trap that can't be escaped but its too hard for practical use. Arrow trap is still better IMO.

Skarlets f4 considers her in crouch state and stuffs all high attacks. Makes punishing Lao teleport easy.

Skarlets armor is one huge ass flash parry if it isn't canceled into up slash down slash or slide.

NW reflect has 1 frame start up like raiders teleport.

U3 with skarlet works great when canceled into dagger against characters with a teleport. The dagger auto corrects no matter which way the kick faces

Move sequences that are not combos can be broken. For example, if Cage hits you with d3 the follows up with f3 it can be broken even though its not a true combo.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
- If you try to poke out of JC's or Kabal's pressure you'll get input bug and eat a full combo + reset + more pressure.
- If you read Noob Saibot's upward shadow and jip just in time, he'll recovery fast enough to input another upward shadow, and since it lowers his hitbox, it may hit you. A similar situation happens with Kenshi's specials.
- Uppercuts in this game have rare properties in which they have some crouch and standing properties, really useful to get out of blockstrings. This is probably due to the same reason that this game has the input-bug (something related to an old bug in mka or mkda)
- In order to help rushdown characters at close range fights, they usually have small crouching hitboxes. On top of that, some even have godlike recovery on their projectile's and AoE's to defend against zoning characters, such as Jax, for example.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
In practice mode, if you pick the subway stage, everytime u hear the train and you press select ( reset practice ) the train will just pass by with no sound whatsoever... a small thing :p

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Some things people seem to not know:
Baraka can blade spin all teleports when anticipated, sometimes on reaction(do df3 instead of db3)
Baraka's sweep is +11, So in the corner he gets a free 4 slices into more pressure
D1 and d3 slices have 10 frame gaps that can be interrupted, D4 slices does not have a frame gap but is only useful in the corner
Baraka's b31 b31 f4 combo gives +12 frame advantage, allowing at least a 4 slices
Baraka can blade charge people out of teleports(teleport away's)
Baraka does actually have a frametrap with 2,2 1+2 f4, but 2,2 1+2 slices will net you 75% of a bar, which is the better option.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
in the subway stage there is thingy saying Boon st and Beran blvd. Boon as in ED boon the creator of MK and Steve beran as in Director of art(?) in the netherrealm studios

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Some things people seem to not know:
Baraka can blade spin all teleports when anticipated, sometimes on reaction(do df3 instead of db3)
Baraka's sweep is +11, but all of his attacks are so slow that the most he can get is a d3 or d4
D1 and d3 slices have 10 frame gaps that can be interrupted, D4 slices does not have a frame gap but is only useful in the corner
Baraka's b31 b31 f4 combo gives +12 frame advantage, allowing at least a 4 slices
Baraka can blade charge people out of teleports(teleport away's)
Baraka does not actually have a frametrap with 2,2 1+2 f4. 2,2 1+2 slices will net you 75% of a bar, which is the better option.
which move is slices? Tells you how much I know about baraka... lol

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I think all grapple like moves (Grab n punch, Gotcha, etc.) are unbreakerable