What's new

The "Things You May Not Know About MK9" Thread

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
After seeing the easter egg in DoctrineDark's video where Stryker says "Old School!" after landing 3 gunshots in one combo, I thought we should make a thread with all of the strange things that some people may or may not know.

Here are a few of mine:

1. The last hit of Sindel's 212 can be charged like sub's B2, but it doesn't give it any added effect, plus it makes it not combo.

2. You can direct the direction that Sheeva throws you after landing an EN Back Forward 3 by holding left or right (just like Jax's EN Dash Punch.)

3. Jax has a final 6th slam of his throw (Making it 7 hits) that raises the damage up to 15%, the highest in the game.

4. When Noob uses any move involving his shadow, his actual shadow on the ground disappears.

post yours!

coolwhip

Noob
5- Kabal is really, REALLY good.

Ok seriously:

5- Kung Lao has an X-Ray glitch in the corner, where the X-Ray clearly hits, he loses all of his meter, but nothing happens (no damage, no X-Ray animation). I guess this is known, but I've never read something about it here.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
1. The last hit of Sindel's 212 can be charged like sub's B2, but it doesn't give it any added effect, plus it makes it not combo.
did not know

Sub-zero rarely punches. Ever. 2 is sort of a punch, (jp and uppercuts are a given) but it's always an open armed slap or claw type movement with him. Why? I think it's this...

Sub-zero's ice abilities all seem to come from his palms. Every Ice ball or puddle comes from the palms of his hands. He can freeze the ground to slide or create ice clones, but bigger more powerful stuff needs him to have open palms. Stuff like his sword or B+2. Sub-zero's not punching because obviously he knows that his palms are where he is most damaging with his attacks.
He'll slap and claw at you because his ice based powers are strongest when his hands are open, stronger than when he'll just bare knuckle you.

I always thought that was really interesting.

Also notice that all of the Lin Kuei ninja, barring Cyber Sub-zero (I'm half counting Sektor in this) don't fight with a rushdown style or have special abilities more geared towards long range fighting. Meanwhile, Scorpion, our only Shirai Ryu rep, uses a violent and aggressive style. It's kinda funny seeing how the Lin Kuei, being assassins and all, like to stay away from their enemies while the Shirai Ryu want to get all up in there and tap dat ass!

Cyber Subby, is different. He fights from either range. He's also one of the most powerful characters (by canon) in the game. But it's obvious that, even with all that power, he was very poorly built. His robo frame is much lighter than Sektor's (who was the best built in the roster and has the thickest frame) and Cyrax (who is actually built pretty poorly as well). So much so that you can see his brain after a few hits. It's more like they turned into a crappy robot on purpose, but accidentally got a super power.

Stuff like that?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Expanding on what Laos boy said, Reptile has quite a few OTGs after an Xray. You can-
ED ED
ED slide
ED f2 slide
ED f2 AH
ED f2 FFB, which if you hit, resets your opponent for 62%

These are all midscreen.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
- Noob Saibot's stance is Sub-zero's stance from Mortal Kombat 1 (so clever)
- Rain has a little mustace and goatee (look at him in the Nekropolis with character damage, his mask is torn and you see it)
- Sub-zero's Bi Han costume has Noob's voice, so technically Bi Han has five costumes

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
When Kung Lao spins, he is praying.
When Tombstone does EX Hatchet, after the 1st strike, he lets go of the hatchet, then catches it again on the way down.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Noob Saibot: "Fear me!"
Cyber Sub-zero: "You are not so fearsome!"

Liu Kang and Nightwolf seem to be the most religious characters in the game. In fact, Nightwolf seems to have accepted Raiden as a personification of his own gods in some way. it's really weird.

Also Nightwolf has never used knives before MK9