What's new

The "Things You May Not Know About MK9" Thread

Flagg

Warrior
You've just made J360 's life a lot harder.
lol, knowing him he probably already knew this, if its any consolation parry stops most of her other standing attacks, and she is at massive disadvantage on a blocked leg grab.. Hmm Wonder_Chef, this thread could provide some valuable ammo for players approaching Dallas?

Some of the little things I like, like Strykers 3 shot saying, Nightwolf changing hands on Ex hatchet and KL praying when spinning.

Seapeople

This one's for you
-If Sub zero xrays the other player into an ice clone at the end of a round, the other player will be frozen for the entire next round. This probably 10 times harder to set up than the Smoke shake glitch.
-If Sheeva remains crouch blocking for a long time she will gradually start to float. (Found by Reo)
-Continuously tagging out between characters will cause your character to go off the screen and eventually outside of the stage boundaries.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Ermac has the creepiest smirk on his face when he blows off Jax's arms >_>
At 1:30 pay close attention to Ermac's lower face

All of the women in the game have abnormally small nipples... I could go further, but I think I've hinted at enough

Quan Chi is lazy as fuck, but he's ripped.

Sonya is the only character in the story mode who was not defeated at all. She was never shown being beaten even though Liu was named the last Earthrealm warrior left (maybe offscreen) and she and Jax kinda disqualified themselves when they left to treat his arms. (technically, she wasn't even in that tournament)

Johnny Cage's flip kick? That's a string in Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

Liu Kang's round win pose when too close to his opponent is his fatality from MK3

Mr. Mileena

Warrior
Kitana's squareboost at lowest possible level cannot be neutral crouched, opponent must block.
Jade's B2 done after another B2 at the right time lifts the opponent up without counting it as a hit to the combo during the actual combo itself.
Sindel can double fireball shoot either forward or back during levitation.
Sindel's standing 2 is two hits, not one. (for some reason people did not know this when I still used to play, they thought 2 was 2,1 and 2,1 was 2,1,2 lol)
Jade's Ex Glow protects her from Sheeva's X ray even if she's on the ground.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
- Scorpion's instant teleport doesn't require a just frame input or EWGF-like execution, the properties of the teleport are determined depending on how close to the ground you are when you do it.

- Sonya's arc kick will interrupt Scorpion's 334 string between the 2nd 3 and 4 despite having at least 20 frames of startup.

- Kung Lao can still spin as normal without his hat.

- Sektor's leg stance makes Cage's nutpunch whiff.

- Despite being touted as a pure Mortal Kombat game, MK9 features more special guest characters than any other main entry into the series.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Kung Lao effortlessly defeated the Deadly Alliance in Story Mode. In MKDA, he had to get special training before even challenging them, and still lost.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Kung Lao effortlessly defeated the Deadly Alliance in Story Mode. In MKDA, he had to get special training before even challenging them, and still lost.
I think that's because Sorcerers and Magical people get more powerful than warriors with time. Warriors get stronger and faster, sorcerers get the ability to summon meteors

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
-Kitana can do a b2~fan without touching you and the fan will still connect from about midrange or closer
-Baraka's sweep sets up a frame trap on block
-Certain characters can combo off a grounded uppercut in the corner. Kitana's one of them but I can't remember the others.
-Cyber Sub's b321. Srsly just try it.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
[quote="rev0lver, post: 568844, member: 3959"
-Cyber Sub's b321. Srsly just try it.[/quote]
Dat SF reference.

CRUM

Warrior
Kitana has a weird x-ray glitch that happens on occasion. When you're trading projectiles with her full-screen and she does her x-ray it seems to hit you, but it really just freezes you and you come right out of the animation. It's hilarious.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Kitana has a weird x-ray glitch that happens on occasion. When you're trading projectiles with her full-screen and she does her x-ray it seems to hit you, but it really just freezes you and you come right out of the animation. It's hilarious.
This has happened to me a few times. I think it happens when it comes out just as the projectile is hitting you, but I haven't had it done enough to be sure.