What's new

The "Things You May Not Know About MK9" Thread

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
One thing I forgot to mention -

Kitana's d1~cutter is interruptable on block. Therefore characters with a fast mid like Cage's f3 can full punish any blocked d1 by her whether or not it's cancelled.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I still can't get over how at NRS they said that Baraka didn't have a launcher because he was "too strong and didn't need it" ... then we proceed to rape with safe blade charge and spark spam during beta and he gets nerfed. Good thing they gave him a launcher (-11 on block LOL!!!!) and a new d1.
too strong? really?!? damn.
also whoever was part of the "we" that got his blade charge/spark nerfed,raped. boo to you!!! :mad:
how awesome would baraka of been with his plus on block blade charge and sonya like recovery speed projectile....if only.

make it up to me mk10 hecterrific @pako :D

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
If you break the last hit of kl's 24 1+3 string you break it but still take the damage.

A long distance normal such as mileena and sonya's d4 as max range won't be parried by johnny cage's xray.

The first couple hits of ex bicycle kick (and maybe normal bicycle kick too) are unbreakable, but then it becomes breakable

If you hit Skarlet's xray when the opponent is too high up they first couple of hits will hit doing like 3%, but the rest of the xray won't happen and the meter will be drained.

derOeler

Death comes to all!
Jade's wake-up flash will negate all x-rays. Her boomerangs have autocorrect properties.
Kung Lao's x-ray can be interrupted between the spin and the neck grab. Only time I was able to do it was with Jade's en-boomerang. Maybe up-missile and up-skulls can do it as well.

Bombs interrupt if they hit just before the xray animation (neck grab) appears.

He probably needs it.
What else he got.
lol

:rolleyes:

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Justin wong won 10,000$ Using broken ass KL against an ERMAC in grandfinals... i mean can you imagine Low hat advantage... 60% meterless corner combos etc... lol

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
If you do Sindel's levitate then perform the double air fireball fast enough the second fireball will disappear, hit the opponent, and leave an after image floating on the screen near the opponent; not sure if they can be damaged by it though.

well this thread is awesome , few things from me
-Sub zero is the only character who beats the same kombatant twice in story mode.
-If you are fast enough you can throw your opponent twice at the end of the match with sektor and kung lao.
-with raiden in b312-dash-334-superman combo if you chain superman into 334 it will be blockable even though opponent is in air -wtf-
-in the corner if you do b31-3 into xray with baraka you will watch your xray from different direction.

redeyes

Button Masher
its the same for KL 2 4 r1 / rb for the grab instead of 1+3 or 1+2 i dont even remember what it is ive been using rb for so long.