What's new

The "Things You May Not Know About MK9" Thread

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
There is a 1 frame gap in Sub Zeros 212 string that may be interrupted with Kung Laos Spin, Reptiles dash, or a 6f d1.

After Reptiles Xray, some of Reptiles normals and even his Slide appear to gain OTG properties.

After winning with Kenshi and then doing his Xray fullscreen, the sword will teleport from his opps stomach to about midscreen, and his win pose will follow.

Despite having an 8f long range d4, Sub Zero is only +8 if it hits.

Also, im unsure what causes the glitch, but on extremely rare occasions, KLs Xray (on hit) will simply result in the opp taking about 2%, then continuing the fight as if nothing happened.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Strykers flashlight on his xray is so bright, even kenshi can see it.

On Some Real Shit, Kung lao's spin is an otg.
And this one only works in practice or if you enable the unlimited meter cheat, but if you whiff kitana's xray, then immediately follow up with ex iaf, it'll turn into an xray on hit.
If Kitana is fighting reptile, scores a knockdown and expects the dash on wakeups, her f3/4 "hops" over the dash, causing it to whiff.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Shang's intro is messed up because you can see his opponent plainly standing in front of him, despite the fact that they haven't "entered" yet. Also, old Shang only laughs when he wins or through his second fatality (which is why I don't usually use that costume) and he doesn't say "yes" after an xray, unlike his younger self. There is no such thing as a soul steal glitch- the damage boost only lasts a few seconds into the next round, but it might seem like the whole round if you get caught in a combo early on. Shang actually doesn't have the slowest uppercut- Kratos does ;)

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
5- Kabal is really, REALLY good.

Ok seriously:

5- Kung Lao has an X-Ray glitch in the corner, where the X-Ray clearly hits, he loses all of his meter, but nothing happens (no damage, no X-Ray animation). I guess this is known, but I've never read something about it here.
how do u get that last hit? im confuzzled o-0

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Maybe PS3 story mode only. But when Sonya and Jax meet Sub Zero, you can see Kratos trapped in ice in the background.
So the person subzero freezes before ermac comes out? The one who "didn't cooperate?". I tried looking for him there, and maybe I was tricking myself into seeing him, maybe not. I couldn't tell if the game was xbox or not on the video I was watching.

Espio

Kokomo
Kitana's squareboost at lowest possible level cannot be neutral crouched, opponent must block.
Jade's B2 done after another B2 at the right time lifts the opponent up without counting it as a hit to the combo during the actual combo itself.
Sindel can double fireball shoot either forward or back during levitation.
Sindel's standing 2 is two hits, not one. (for some reason people did not know this when I still used to play, they thought 2 was 2,1 and 2,1 was 2,1,2 lol)
Jade's Ex Glow protects her from Sheeva's X ray even if she's on the ground.

This is the coolest and most unusual fun fact I've ever seen....so many little nuances.

This makes me wonder if this works for other x-rays of a similar character.

Espio

Kokomo
I tried it on majority, and all still hit her, except for sheeva's lol
Thanks man, Sheeva can't catch a break lol. I was thinking Rain's might have been a posibility too, but was hoping you could use it to negate Kung Lao's x-ray maybe, but anywho that's too bad.

It's really cool regardless though :).

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Quan chi cannot be thrown while boosting.
You also cannot throw Kung Lao during the recovery frames of his spin (why would you want to as you get a full combo, but it is interesting.)

... and you can't throw Kitana during the recovery frames of her fan lift.

Also, apparently people don't know that any move that makes contact with a wakeup attack, armor move, or Cyrax's teleport acts like it was blocked.

how do u get jax's last slam on his throw?
All inputs - 1+4, 2+3, 2+4, 1+2+3+4 (just frame or mash)

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
ah...so kind of like kung lao's plum flower ender then? or whtever its called xD