What's new

The "Things You May Not Know About MK9" Thread

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Shang's b1214 and f434 are his dial-a-combos from UMK3

Some move animations are recycled from the MKDA/Deception/Armageddon era, such as Jade's sweep, Nightwolf's sweep, Kenshi's B2, Cyrax's d4, and Ermac's b1

Raiden's d4 is the only one in the game that uses the left leg from starting position as opposed to the right

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Jade's wake-up flash will negate all x-rays. Her boomerangs have autocorrect properties.
Kung Lao's x-ray can be interrupted between the spin and the neck grab. Only time I was able to do it was with Jade's en-boomerang. Maybe up-missile and up-skulls can do it as well.

Shang actually doesn't have the slowest uppercut- Kratos does ;)
At least my uppercut is only 47 frames on whiff, while yours is 51 frames. EAT THAT!!
---------------
>Thread-related
Scorpion's 1,1,1~Spear is not a godlike frame trap, and neither is 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1~Spear~1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1.
Get it right, people!

But seriously now: Raiden's alternate "Dark Raiden" costume's player 2 colors has one of his eyes red, while the other is orange.

Kano's cyber-eye blinks with his human eye.

piemaster

mortal hater
this may or may not be know but if you press start when selecting a stage you will hear a laugh and the music will be klassic

piemaster

mortal hater
this may or may not be know but if you press start when selecting a stage you will hear a laugh and the music will be klassic

Flagg

Warrior
-Kitana can do a b2~fan without touching you and the fan will still connect from about midrange or closer
-Baraka's sweep sets up a frame trap on block
-Certain characters can combo off a grounded uppercut in the corner. Kitana's one of them but I can't remember the others.
-Cyber Sub's b321. Srsly just try it.
only two chars in the game have a 6 frame d3 (baraka & cybersub)
Interesting, I knew that about Cyber Sub but not Baraka..

Flagg

Warrior
Cyber Sub Zero has a bit of a reset:

34, dash, B22, ice ball or 34, dash F1 ice ball.

Opponent will automatically be re-frozen (this also works if you the above to end a frozen opponent) if they try standing up again. This sadly can be avoided if you simply hold block as you rise (ice ball tends to miss altogether), and strangely if you tech roll you will auto block the ice ball whether you want to or not as you rise from said tech roll. Wake up attacks will also negate this, but it's an interesting little find none the less.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
or Medusa's gaze in Krato's fatality even though he's blind/wears a blindfold trollolol
also I think technically Sonya's Kiss blinds them with some powder

I think someone told me that in some game he was immune to that? was I trolled?

Flagg

Warrior
At midscreen, Kano can:

jip, F3B2, dash, B11 ex knife, dash, B11 up ball for a tasty 41%

A simple sweep will stuff virtually all of Liu Kangs wake up's in this game.

At the start of a match, Freddy's shadow is clearly visible, long before he appears in his portal of fire.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
-all of the people hanging in the haunted forest look like Vince Carter
-in the stage with all the mileena clones, one of the mileenas looks like she's finger banging herself

also I think technically Sonya's Kiss blinds them with some powder

I think someone told me that in some game he was immune to that? was I trolled?
Kenshi was unaffected by Sonya's Kiss in MK: Deadly Alliance, not sure if he still was in MK: Deception with Kira's Kiss.
----------
Kano and Noob Saibot's Bi-Han costume are the only characters whose battle-damage leave their faces in a "big smile" or evil-looking grin.

Kabal, Rain, and Kratos are the only fighters capable of a Flash Parry.

If Mileena hits her opponent with a B+2 (Leaping Sai Impale), the Sai will stay on the opponent for a certain period of time. And if Mileena successfully hits her opponent with a Leaping Neckbite with the Sai still on them, Mileena will repeatedly stab the opponent with the Sai for extra damage.