What's new

The saltiest you've ever gotten in this game? Salty stories!

pherleece

Woolay

i know im referring to something on this thread that happened a few months ago between jugg and theme but i have to 100% agree with jugg on this whole online/offline discussion. im not a top player but neither do i completely suck. ive played top players online and offline and ive played noobs online and offline and online is total garbage. i agree with most people on here with their online experiences cause ive been through the same exact thing. ive had people messaging me that i would never beat them but all they do is 2 moves!!! and ive played the same exact ppl offline and they had no chance. i was at a offline gathering here in nyc and i overheard cdjr talking about playing online and he says he plays at like 50% online due to the lag factor. i know this is all what if but what if cdjr plays someone online who is just cheap and used the lag against him and wins? you really think that person could beat him offline? its possible but highly doubtful. theme just wants to think hes good since he wins at online. im like 1400-300 online and i beat most ppl cause im not terrible but when i played offline against someone like REO its a totally different story. i think im decent online and not so good offline =\ if it was the same then there should be no difference in my gameplay between the two.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
"It's hard to find someone online that will actually stop fighting if their opponent's stopped moving lol. I stop in the rare instances it does happen in fights b/c tbh, what respectable player wants a free win? xD "

If my opponent stops moving, I begin to teabag. If they still don't move, I slowly walk up to them and use Smoke's standing 1 (***** slap) repeatedly. If they remain frozen, I have no choice but to end the match. But I always give them a chance. lol.

Faded Dreams V

Guy on the player match leaderboard at 1st spot with a streak of 987
If you're referring to UGotCaged, I'm convinced that guy's a booster and/or a hacker. Always talking trash about Forever King and his clan, claims to be the best, and even changed his name after getting exposed by Curbolicious on Youtube. Somehow his trueskill went from 29 to 39 over night after he changed his GT for the millionth time. xD

Justice is served! I love hearing stories like this, its so gratifying. Usually when people will beat me while i am using a character i have no experience with, they bail after the tea bagging etc. Probably because I have a decent record online which leads people to believe i am any good at all. I played you a while ago btw, and i remember specifically because the name made me lol. Despite the fact the lag effed up my input badly enough that I wasn't even able to properly time JIP, it was easy to see that you're a very good player! Rats off to ya!

Thanks man. And I feel you, i'm constantly trying out new people in the cast. i want to learn them all on at least a basic level. And when I get beat on one of them somebody will tea bag and leave. Had this one guy immediately send me a message saying "u mad?" I was like why would I be mad? he responded "cause you never lose"

I lose all the time and this is the problem with most that play online. They think if you have a good record you are unbeatable. Everyone is beatable. Point of player match is to have a few good matches with the same player, even if salty, not bail after 1 bout. I don't understand the mentality of the lot of players out there. I typically give at least 2/3 out 3 out of 5 matches to good players that beat my ass before I decline and go cry in a corner.

The saltiest I have ever been is when I was on a 574 win streak in ranked match and my controller died, and I was just standing there and my opponent still kept attacking me until my health was gone. Than my opponent sent me a message and it said " :) "
I did not play MK for about a week after that
Oh god, something similar but my streak was only like 53 at the time and I was on my reserve controller which has taken quite a beating due to twisting and slamming. I miss the one I threw against a wall RIP. But this controller the L2 button caved in again and at the same time I had it in via USB to the PS3 to charge and and took it out to look at it and cut off all functionality. I got a little heated over it but laughed it off after a couple of seconds.

HAHA in retrospect I think this game just makes people mad, maybe cause of the violent nature of it and the trolling moves nutpunch, babalities, fatals, I dunno. Maybe cheap mechanics. I've never been like this in any game. I've yelled at the TV before but never destroyed stuff.

If you're referring to UGotCaged, I'm convinced that guy's a booster and/or a hacker. Always talking trash about Forever King and his clan, claims to be the best, and even changed his name after getting exposed by Curbolicious on Youtube. Somehow his trueskill went from 29 to 39 over night after he changed his GT for the millionth time. xD
Lol must be him. TS was 38 or 39 like you said and his gt was Liquidmudbutts.

Faded Dreams V

Lol must be him. TS was 38 or 39 like you said and his gt was Liquidmudbutts.
Yup, that's him. Randomly sent me messages yesterday about how Forever sucks and his trueskill shows he's the best (I don't even know the guy!). These videos shows the gdlk skills of the guy who's supposedly better than Forever King and F0xyGrampa (changed his name to Liquidmudbutts after this was posted):

Wowwwwww. He really is something else to go far just to boost his record. He must think he's the talk of the town when he shows his friends xD.

Theme

Noob
theme just wants to think hes good since he wins at online. im like 1400-300 online and i beat most ppl
Was there any need for the personal attack? I dont think I am good because I beat people online. My offline scene is nonexistent, but I still manage to play against my friend, who is actually quite good, possibly better than me, we dont know. But regardless, the issue we were discussing was not me saying I was good, but that online does matter too, even though the majority of the people on this forums doesnt agree. If it wasnt for online gameplay, this game would be dead except for a few tournament players here and there. Look at Starcraft, its practically dead (save for SC2), except the tournament scene. I'd love to play people offline, but because its so hard to find decent competition that way, I rely heavily on online, but that doesnt make me a noob either. Id like to play against you online some time.

Guy named HEARTANDHEADACHE

I was learning a character, I think it was cyrax again. Well he beats me 1 match, and quits. Then starts spamming my inbox with UR TERRIBLE< LOL ANOTHER LOSS, and putting me down repeatedly. Was basically nonstop. I'm seeing a pattern here, if you have a decent record and learn somebody and you lose people are little fucking bitches, and they quit after they get their 1 win. I hate people I really do, but anyway back on task. So he spams me and I know I beat his ass in the past, so he was trying to gloat hard. Well he refused to rematch me dispite his superiority complex and saying I was trash and how much better he is blah blah.

Well fast foward to today, I guess he forgot to hit the decline button and i hidden select and went for my main. First round flawless victory, 2nd round near flawless, bout to do babality, and bam RAGE QUIT.

Justice Served!

Sent him a message saying "u still mad?"

No word from him yet.

Husteen

Noob.
Guy named HEARTANDHEADACHE

I was learning a character, I think it was cyrax again. Well he beats me 1 match, and quits. Then starts spamming my inbox with UR TERRIBLE< LOL ANOTHER LOSS, and putting me down repeatedly. Was basically nonstop. I'm seeing a pattern here, if you have a decent record and learn somebody and you lose people are little fucking bitches, and they quit after they get their 1 win. I hate people I really do, but anyway back on task. So he spams me and I know I beat his ass in the past, so he was trying to gloat hard. Well he refused to rematch me dispite his superiority complex and saying I was trash and how much better he is blah blah.

Well fast foward to today, I guess he forgot to hit the decline button and i hidden select and went for my main. First round flawless victory, 2nd round near flawless, bout to do babality, and bam RAGE QUIT.

Justice Served!

Sent him a message saying "u still mad?"

No word from him yet.
heartandheadache? lol

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
HAHA in retrospect I think this game just makes people mad
It's just the online, you're constantly thinking "Oh, if this lag switching random prick beats me, he's going to teabag me and send me gloat mail" even if you're playing a friend, you can't react to shit; so even friendly casuals get you salty as hell due to online's BS.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Saltiest I have ever gotten was playing a reptile and the inputs were delayed by I think it was like 2.5 seconds (I timed it it was so bad) all he did was elbow dash. It was the most frustrating thing ever. Of course after he won because I couldn't even time blocks, he sent me gloat mail. Coconut connections suck.

Also, recently a TON of my EX armoured moves have been getting stuffed...even my glow which is supposed to grant you Invulnerability. It makes me rage so hard because Kabal has a 0 frame saw...but Jade cannot have a 0 frame startup on her metered EX invincibility move? Please....

Husteen

Noob.
LMFAO. Yup that's him, tries his best to counter pick then spam w/e he can. That's basically how it went down with the rage quitting. oh this made my day.
lol! nothing to make our day like evidence of a moron player! XD
out of curiosity, which character did he pick?

I can't remember tbh, and I got caught with spamming nonsense on a character I didn't know. He's used a few that I can recall. Always tries to counterpick, then spams.

Husteen

Noob.
i don't like when people join a koth lobby and do whatever they can to do a babality on everyone. i don't rage over it or anything but i don't like when awesome games are put to cheap use.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Hating on the sawed off im guessing lol

If so, i hear ya my man!
Good thing I'm not playing you guys, I'm always the asshole who sneaks up behind the you and kills the entire squad with rolling and hip shooting it lol

Pisses people off, but man, is it fun!

pherleece

Woolay
Was there any need for the personal attack? I dont think I am good because I beat people online. My offline scene is nonexistent, but I still manage to play against my friend, who is actually quite good, possibly better than me, we dont know. But regardless, the issue we were discussing was not me saying I was good, but that online does matter too, even though the majority of the people on this forums doesnt agree. If it wasnt for online gameplay, this game would be dead except for a few tournament players here and there. Look at Starcraft, its practically dead (save for SC2), except the tournament scene. I'd love to play people offline, but because its so hard to find decent competition that way, I rely heavily on online, but that doesnt make me a noob either. Id like to play against you online some time.
i know playing only online doesnt make u a noob cause some people had no choice. i was the same way before before i learned that many of the top MK players are here in NY. after i learned that i made sure i met up with these guys to play offline. check the region forums for chicago. theres gotta be some good players there. i dont mind playing but i only have it for 360.

I used to hate Reptile online (still do) but now Noob makes me saltier than anyone else with his new shadow overhead buff. Can't get in at all while he builds meter all day? It feels like such a joke.

Theme

Noob
i know playing only online doesnt make u a noob cause some people had no choice. i was the same way before before i learned that many of the top MK players are here in NY. after i learned that i made sure i met up with these guys to play offline. check the region forums for chicago. theres gotta be some good players there. i dont mind playing but i only have it for 360.
Im not just playing online, Im also playing against a good friend of mine, who is just as good, if not better. Its always back and forth with us, so I get good sparring with him. We play online casually but when we want a challenge we just go offline and duke it out. As for checking whos good in chicago, I dont really care. Sure Ill meet up with someone from UIC if they decide to game and is good, but Im not going out of my way to game with a stranger like that. I dont have the passion enough to dedicate so much time and effort like most people do on this forums.