What's new

The saltiest you've ever gotten in this game? Salty stories!

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
As for checking whos good in chicago, I dont really care. Sure Ill meet up with someone from UIC if they decide to game and is good, but Im not going out of my way to game with a stranger like that. I dont have the passion enough to dedicate so much time and effort like most people do on this forums.
I'll share with you how I found a local FG community, it's very easy. I went onto Facebook, looked up a a few local businesses related to gaming, found a SF player then sent him a message asking if he plays MK; he in turn knew many people who in fact do. I also have found people who're in state, or slightly outside of my state through TYM which I've become good friends with and would love to attend a tournament to play and up my game. You don't have to be the best at this game, but it's important to try to build your local FG community so that this game goes further. If you and your buddy started a FB page relating to MK locals, you'd find people. tl;dr use the internet, it's your friend. People really over complicate this process; yeah I didn't have a FG community already there, but when there's a demand for something you'll be amazed how quickly it can come together. Doesn't matter who shows up, if they suck and keep coming back and have the desire to up their game, they will.

Once you get your core group going, you'll want to get better and travel with your core (or alone, your choice) to tournaments and continually get better. Really, it's a shame not to go through this experience, because it's genuinely fun. I highly recommend it because online is just a poor substitute when offline you're making friends, traveling and over all having a great time.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I used to hate Reptile online (still do) but now Noob makes me saltier than anyone else with his new shadow overhead buff. Can't get in at all while he builds meter all day? It feels like such a joke.
I know what you mean, without a teleporter its such a pain to get in now. Plus that teleport is fast and tracks so you can't jump away, so if you try to projectile him to death you get screwed too.

pherleece

Woolay
just played hugo boss 7 in a tag match. he used ermac and quan chi and ive played some good one.. well it was lagging bad and he didnt use any specials and just hit me with 2 string combos and it was so annoying u just quit cause tag matches take too long and started to play someone else. like 2 seconds later he messaged me "that was the smartest thing pu**y" grrr

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Nightwolf ain't dead...he's chilling in Edenia with Sindel.

Giant glowing portal doesn't necessarily mean death...it just means giant glowing portal.

NO ONE DIES IN MORTAL KOMBAT :D
so for his fatality he's just teleporting your skin to Edenia? I wonder how many empty skin sacs are lying around Edenia at this point.

aj1701

Noob
There's this guy on PSN. Picks Scropion and does the simplies things. 111, teleport. But he'll move back and duck and wait for you usually. I feel like I should be able to beat it. And I have, in a set I won the last matches (and then he quit before I could fatality). But man is it salty. And its just a little laggier than most matches. Makes me hella salty for some reason. Online in general can make me salty, but i've been doing much better.

The worst I've done is twisted my PS3 controllers or slammed them donw on the coffee table. One has a trigger that doens't work as well and one of the controller number lights is dead. Now that I'm on stick, I've slammed my hand down on it pretty hard, but no damage suffered (I hope!).

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Online in general can make me salty, but i've been doing much better.

The worst I've done is twisted my PS3 controllers or slammed them down on the coffee table. One has a trigger that doesn't work as well and one of the controller number lights is dead. Now that I'm on stick, I've slammed my hand down on it pretty hard, but no damage suffered (I hope!).
I've learned to not take anything personally anymore online, because there's really no point. I stick with what I do offline, if it doesn't work online, then it doesn't work - no point in me adapting to online when it's garbage. Now, I wish I could actually AA online, I really hate that. Game totally turns into this generic crossup fest online due to that; nor can I often react to mixups quickly enough. I feel like fuzzy guarding doesn't register quickly enough to a low or mid at least half the time online, this also pisses me off, but what can you do...it's more BS.

I have a boatload of DCs, I just turn the shit off and do something else when I've hit that point where I feel like I'll destroy my pad. Online is shit to begin with, certainly not worth spending $50+ on a new pad or more on a stick. My "online cred" might be damaged but who the hell cares about online who actually plays this game on a competitive level? Nobody. My advice? Look for a match with an optimal connection, they do exist, they're just RARE. Maybe 1/20 if that.

Just DC the others. Because it really isn't worth the headache. Adapting to the lag and playing the game with lag tactics will just get you destroyed offline. Sometimes you can tell by circling the cursor around on the character select screen, but that can be deceptive, I like to use dash 2s as a rule of thumb; if I can't land those...then the connection is shit and I'm outta there.

Nightwolf ain't dead...he's chilling in Edenia with Sindel.

Giant glowing portal doesn't necessarily mean death...it just means giant glowing portal.

NO ONE DIES IN MORTAL KOMBAT :D
I honestly cried when Nightwolf killed himself, that's the last thing I expected ='(

Goldi

Noob
I got teabagged by Raiden. On the ladder.

I'm sure it was a random glitch, and I can laugh it off when a live player does it. But that just felt like the biggest "GTFO of our game, scrub!" ever.

Husteen

Noob.
one time shao kahn beat me, taunted like three times, and then did a fatality lol!

why does everyone forget that almost all who died got resurrected by quan chi at the end?

aj1701

Noob
one time shao kahn beat me, taunted like three times, and then did a fatality lol!

why does everyone forget that almost all who died got resurrected by quan chi at the end?
LOL, that's hilarious. I don't think anyone forgets QC brings everyone back, but this is a new timeline, so I don't know if we should count on it.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Today I set a new personal record. First off, my friend was playing MK on my account last night which was fine I thought nothing of it. Then this morning I suddenly have 2 more wins, and FIFTY new losses. Salt. And then as I'm playing today I come across a flow chart, über scrub scorpion. I pick CSZ and as I'm starting the game is on a completely new control scheme from my last match, and it takes me a whole round like a retard to figure it out. Then I come across a string of Kitanas. They know no combos, just spam my human SZ with fans. I win, but I'm ready to beat my controller against my head. My next game I go against a human Cyrax who just abused the safe teleport on lag. Still won, ready to implode. Then I fight a Sub with a decent record and I throw on Cyrax. The game was literally so laggy I was t even standing in the place I was seeing. The final nail in the coffin was when I lost my first ever Sub Zero mirror to a guy 7k/2k W/L who was complete ASS. Thanks netcode. I started throwing crap and cussing. Almost broke my controller, thank God Microsoft makes em durable. Time for a break.

Indian Guy

Jax Needs Longer Arms
When i face a laggy mileena and i cant punish her tele. Then he just spams down 4 and teleports. I just leave after the 2d round lol

Theme

Noob
I play against a good friend of mine. We play offline, he plays Sub Zero and Raiden.
I play Reptile, Kung Lao, Cyrax, Sektor, etc.

Raiden is so god damn cheap I cannot stand it. You cannot attack him at all. His teleport makes him so safe, its retarded. He can teleport on reaction to a projectile and grab or sweep or sometimes, into a full combo... I've always said Raiden's teleport was the cheapest move in the game since day one... I still believe that now. God damn.

I was practically taking a shower in salt.

Its fine to disagree with me, but if you quote me and say something condescending, Im gonna be real salty and start a bitchfit. Play my friend before you say anything condescending. Honestly, I've played well over 5k?games and he has by far, the best Sub Zero and best Raiden I've played... but then again, it might be because of netcode that the online Raidens and Sub Zeros suck.

Gisump

Shadow Clone
I got beat by sheeva online. She eventually got a lucky telestomp, and I tried to jump away/wake up and she F4'd me (some stupid ass kick thats like 2 fucking frames). I tried to block it, grab. I threw some projectiles, I got xray'd. Then she repeated that loop of stomping and kicking me. I quit halfway through the second round. And of course the bitch sends me a troll message, adding insult to injury.

Sheik7

Noob
Usualy i dont get upset....but there have been times...and it have happened only in ranked matches.
I have broken 2 controllers.... ...and reason why is it didnt react how i wanted.... i wasnt because of lost.If i see that opponent is better..then there is nothing to do...i lose.But if i know that i can beat him... and there is lag and controller is also fu**ing with me.Then i was pissed.... okay i was little bit drunk also both times :D and it happened after i get back from nightclub and was thinking to play little bit.So first controller i was throwing to floor...and then i was jumping on it :D
second one i was also throwning to floor....and some puttons got lost.... but the shitty thing was that i had only PS2 controller left...and it totaly sucks.... so i was fixing it....and i was little bit drunk.... and then i got lost totaly....and its still there in my aparment....and totaly wide open :D

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
About a week ago I had aout 15 games in a row against cheap players using cheap charecters. JC, Raiden, Cyrax, Mileena, Kitana and Kung lao. It was the worst time Ive ever had playing this game. And I don't get mad that often. I usually only get mad when I lose to someone I know I can beat on a constant bases and can't re-fight, have casuals with.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I tend to get salty at myself more often than not, yesterday for example i had a completely rubbish record of losses in a row, lost to about three TYM guys in a row amongst some really bad players, admittidley it was my own fault as i just wasn't playing very well at ALL yesterday.

Sometimes i want to strangle babies.

Theme

Noob
About a week ago I had aout 15 games in a row against cheap players using cheap charecters. JC, Raiden, Cyrax, Mileena, Kitana and Kung lao. It was the worst time Ive ever had playing this game. And I don't get mad that often. I usually only get mad when I lose to someone I know I can beat on a constant bases and can't re-fight, have casuals with.
JC, Mileena, Kung Lao, and Kitana aren't cheap... Raiden isn't even cheap, just his teleporting nonsense is IMO. Cyrax isnt either, unless youre talking about the resets, in which case, just dont get caught in the net. But yeah, I agree about not being able to fight against a player you know you can beat, but because he either denies or its because of Ranked.

Everyones got their bad days, thats for sure. You're human, it happens. As for strangling babies, look at your signature and your good :D

Theme

Noob
JC, Mileena, Kung Lao, and Kitana aren't cheap... Raiden isn't even cheap, just his teleporting nonsense is IMO. Cyrax isnt either, unless youre talking about the resets, in which case, just dont get caught in the net. But yeah, I agree about not being able to fight against a player you know you can beat, but because he either denies or its because of Ranked.

Everyones got their bad days, thats for sure. You're human, it happens. As for strangling babies, look at your signature and your good :D

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
About two - two and a half months ago, I fought this guy who chose Kitana. I decided to use my Jade since I've got some experience. While I'm not very in depth in my knowledge of her, I know enough to get the job done and I figured her glow would help a lot in this match. I beat the dude and then we do a rematch. I choose my Sonya because I know her best, he chooses Jade. I'm kind of thinking "Does this dude think he's going to get back at me with her?" Match starts and he's instantly on my ass, keeping me in the air, stopping any wakeups I can get in, just dominates me 0 to 2 rounds. I play him again and I choose Jade again. He chooses Kitana. I beat him just like last time. Then I choose Sonya, he chooses Jade. I lose. I choose Jade, he chooses Jade. I lose. I choose Rain, he chooses Jade. I lose. I got so frustrated that I......well I rage quit. After that, I stopped playing altogether. I just recently got up the nerve to play online once more.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
About two - two and a half months ago, I fought this guy who chose Kitana. I decided to use my Jade since I've got some experience. While I'm not very in depth in my knowledge of her, I know enough to get the job done and I figured her glow would help a lot in this match. I beat the dude and then we do a rematch. I choose my Sonya because I know her best, he chooses Jade. I'm kind of thinking "Does this dude think he's going to get back at me with her?" Match starts and he's instantly on my ass, keeping me in the air, stopping any wakeups I can get in, just dominates me 0 to 2 rounds. I play him again and I choose Jade again. He chooses Kitana. I beat him just like last time. Then I choose Sonya, he chooses Jade. I lose. I choose Jade, he chooses Jade. I lose. I choose Rain, he chooses Jade. I lose. I got so frustrated that I......well I rage quit. After that, I stopped playing altogether. I just recently got up the nerve to play online once more.
I tried playing online today and another Baraka beat me with lag tactics and total BS. I pray to god House of Goons has MK soon.