What's new

The RoboCop Thread

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter

That missile looks pretty strong, especially given you can amplify it for that super slow start up crawl.
What a weird video. Was that supposed to be JC narrating? If so, why does he know so much about RoboCop? And if not, who was it? And it didn't really show anything we hadn't already seen, at least nothing I noticed. We got to see one missile go full-screen, but that was about it. Very strange video.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
If you get me the information of what I need for dimensions and stuff like that I can build you a nice OCP themed screen or something if you like.
Yeah, if that's something you'd like to do, I'd certainly take you up on it. Here is a link to the Dropbox psd file. The full image 1920x1080, with another 16:9 area for the gameplay footage. The chat area is about 419px wide.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
What a weird video. Was that supposed to be JC narrating? If so, why does he know so much about RoboCop? And if not, who was it? And it didn't really show anything we hadn't already seen, at least nothing I noticed. We got to see one missile go full-screen, but that was about it. Very strange video.
All three have a Johnny Cage narration. I don’t get it either but I assume it’s just for the voice and isn’t suppose to be canon or story related.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Oh snap, the nrs animation police are back to teach nrs how to animate like a way less successful game.
"This movie sucked"
"WOW YOU THINK YOU'RE A FILM DIRECTOR HUH YOU THINK YOU COULD DO BETTER DUMBASS THIS MOVIE MADE A BUNCH OF MONEY WHERE'S YOUR BOX OFFICE REVENUE OH WAIT"

It doesn't look very good

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
His 2nd variation is looking very strong. A mid-hitting projectile is always nice, but combined with his riot shield and his ability to push the opponent full-screen on block, I think it's going to give a lot of characters a lot of problems. And once you do finally get in, he's got restands with advantage from his flamethrower, and you've gotta watch out for his parry.

The other two looked a little lackluster. The 3rd might have some decent gas setups, but I doubt it's worth giving up the zoning and restand of the 2nd variation. Sad his command grab has a dbf input.

@M2Dave might finally have a decent zoner in MK11.

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I was too distracted by the Raiden buffs to follow along for the Robot Cop stuff. Does he have an actual grappler variation? Or more a command grab that can be mixed in?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I was too distracted by the Raiden buffs to follow along for the Robot Cop stuff. Does he have an actual grappler variation? Or more a command grab that can be mixed in?
His first variation has a mediocre-looking dbf command grab. Amplify to deal 16% and choose the throw direction.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Too bad the bombs are mids and not lows, but that was to be expected, I suppose.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
They really went nuts with the crotch shots (pun intended!). He's got, what, 3 different crotch shots between his moves, fatalities, and brutalities? His mid-Auot-9 projectile results in a crotch-shot reaction. It's like they asked the design team, "What's the one thing you think of when you think RoboCop" and without pausing, everyone in the room shouted, "the crotch shot!".

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wow, his wrist rocket does around 9% damage, but the amplified version does closer to 13%!