What's new

The RoboCop Thread

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The only thing I don't like about that 3rd variation is how little damage the spike trap does. It's about as much as the chip damage your average pressure character or zoner can put out. However, depending on how lenient the gas grenade is with how close they have to be to it, it does look like he might have some really good unblockable corner dirt.

And, the more I look at his 1st variation, the more potential I see. He still has solid zoning but also has cancels and a command grab. It looks like he may have a solid whif-punishing tool in his walk-back cancels. I still think his zoning variation looks the best, since it really has every tool you could ever need, but the 1st and 3rd variations still look like they'll be fun and swaggy.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I think he just took the spot for most boring Guest character. At least Leatherface had some funny attacks and animations. This dude is as basic as it gets.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I mean tell me I'm wrong tho. He's got clean outros and other fluff, but gameplay? I saw nothing. A big boot? Standard projectiles? A parry? Shit was wack dude. I'm not even salty about the Sektor thing. If RoboCop was tight, I'd be cool. This actually worries me that NRS might really do Michael Myers because they'll clearly add in a character they've got nothing for.

Useless DOT moves is always NRS' go-to for a character they don't wtf they're supposed to do with.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I'll have to take him to practice mode to see if it comes together for me. The Kombat Kast lost me. I respect zoning but it's not my thing. Glad people are excited for him though, I can't wait to throw Sheeva's shield through all that bullshit

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
What was standard about his projectiles? He pulls a pistol out of his leg and shoots you. How many characters can do that? He uses a giant cannon to send you full-screen on block. He has one of the fastest projectiles with his wrist rocket that can be delayed with amplify. I don't see anything "standard" about any of his projectiles.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
V2 is the one I will try out first.

Too bad there weren't any ED209 moves. I'll love for him to pop onto the screen during a live match and get some command moves he could do. What a missed opportunity.
I imagine ED-209 is just offscreen, and anytime you use the Cobra Assault Cannon, it's ED-209 launching it to you like R2D2 in RotJ.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
What was standard about his projectiles? He pulls a pistol out of his leg and shoots you. How many characters can do that? He uses a giant cannon to send you full-screen on block. He has one of the fastest projectiles with his wrist rocket that can be delayed with amplify. I don't see anything "standard" about any of his projectiles.
I imagine the wrist rocket replaces the Cobra.

But functionally he gets a high gunshot, a mid gunshot, a high rocket that can be delayed, a high cannon with mid followups that push fullscreen, and a grenade launcher. The grenades are the most unique ones to this game, but we've seen them in NRS games plenty

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I imagine the wrist rocket replaces the Cobra.

But functionally he gets a high gunshot, a mid gunshot, a high rocket that can be delayed, a high cannon with mid followups that push fullscreen, and a grenade launcher. The grenades are the most unique ones to this game, but we've seen them in NRS games plenty
Sure, but functionally there is very little deviation between projectiles in this game, barring edge cases like Skarlet and Cetrion. The only real variations are straight, arched, or falls from top of screen. Presentation matters, otherwise you get into the realm of "characters are just functions". Noobs Shadow Clone is just a mid-hitting projectile, but I'd say it's unique compared to Cassie's mid-hitting gunshot. Functionally, they're borderline identical.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Sure, but functionally there is very little deviation between projectiles in this game, barring edge cases like Skarlet and Cetrion. The only real variations are straight, arched, or falls from top of screen. Presentation matters, otherwise you get into the realm of "characters are just functions". Noobs Shadow Clone is just a mid-hitting projectile, but I'd say it's unique compared to Cassie's mid-hitting gunshot. Functionally, they're borderline identical.
Right but I'm saying I can see why people wouldn't have their world lit on fire by them. I mean is his gunshot really different from Liu's high fireball? Or Cassie's gunshot?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Right but I'm saying I can see why people wouldn't have their world lit on fire by them. I mean is his gunshot really different from Liu's high fireball? Or Cassie's gunshot?
Functionally, no, but anyone who didn't think RoboCop would be firing a lot of fairly standard projectiles is insane or just looking for something to complain about since they didn't want him in the game. Of all the things to complain about, saying his projectiles are boring is maybe the dumbest choice. Same with his normals, which they addressed in the KK, and I agree with them. He should just be laying into you with heavy strikes, not using martial arts or any other nonsense.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@M2Dave might finally have a decent zoner in MK11.
I have been barbecuing the whole day. LOL. I finally had the chance to watch the Kombat Kast, though. As you have already mentioned, he has all the necessary zoning tools, but frame data will determine how good or bad they are. Aftermath will be released by the time I wake up so there is no need to theorize.

He's probably just salty, judging from his profile picture.
Or an anti-zoning zealot.

Zviko

Noob
I'm a junkie for parries and having one as a default move which is also a projectile absorb, has 33% KB and a brutality.... Very tempting to buy this guy. :D

Zviko

Noob
His default kit isn't bad for a zoner either so you get some zoning in all variations really. This is why I think V1 might be the go to variation. It could be a mixture of zoning and pretty strong pressure, depending on how good those pistols cancels are and how grenade setups work. Does it go away if he gets hit like Terminators etc...

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
His default kit isn't bad for a zoner either so you get some zoning in all variations really. This is why I think V1 might be the go to variation. It could be a mixture of zoning and pretty strong pressure, depending on how good those pistols cancels are and how grenade setups work. Does it go away if he gets hit like Terminators etc...
The only issue I can see with the cancels is that the gunshot is a high, so unless the cancels jail, the opponent can always low poke to beat the cancel.