What's new

The RoboCop Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Lol just saw these on dynasty's channel. Hilarious, I found the one where he takes forever shooting you then pops you in the head and the one in the balls hilarious.

Imma be real I'm actually not a fan of Robocop shooting people's hands off. It just seems really weird and out of character for him to sadistically subject people to the exact torture he experienced
He's just "disarming" them, that's all lol

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I chalk it up to sometimes he forgets his humanity and thinks like a machine, forgetting about pain. He is mostly machine now, and he did fire a would be rapist in the dick (granted to save a woman he had at knife point).
Yeah I see where that argument could be made
Though I would like to think most people would shoot a rapist in the dick if given the chance

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Imma be real I'm actually not a fan of Robocop shooting people's hands off. It just seems really weird and out of character for him to sadistically subject people to the exact torture he experienced
I thought it was cool in the fatality for the reference, but him doing it again in the brutality is a bit weird.

I still think it's badass so It won't stop me from doing it, but I agree with you.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
His human look looks cool. I like how one of his helmets pays homage to the reboot helmet though a bit different at the same time.

Also, on the out of character thing. Its MK, every good guy is ruthless when they kill you lol regardless if good or bad.

ToastWithJam

Advanced Button-Masher
His human look looks cool. I like how one of his helmets pays homage to the reboot helmet though a bit different at the same time.

Also, on the out of character thing. Its MK, every good guy is ruthless when they kill you lol regardless if good or bad.
I mean if Johnny can go from not wanting to kill Baraka in MK9 to ripping a person in half and making dad jokes with their corpse in MK11, I think Murphy can have a little bit of justified police brutality.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I mean if Johnny can go from not wanting to kill Baraka in MK9 to ripping a person in half and making dad jokes with their corpse in MK11, I think Murphy can have a little bit of justified police brutality.
Wait why are you comparing MK9 story mode Johnny with MK11 fatality Johnny?

MK11 story Johnny is pretty level headed and not that brutal, and MK9 fatality Johnny chops people’s heads in half and shoves movie awards into their brain.

I think the point that should be made is character’s actual morality should be viewed separately from their finishers.

ToastWithJam

Advanced Button-Masher
Wait why are you comparing MK9 story mode Johnny with MK11 fatality Johnny?

MK11 story Johnny is pretty level headed and not that brutal, and MK9 fatality Johnny chops people’s heads in half and shoves movie awards into their brain.

I think the point that should be made is character’s actual morality should be viewed separately from their finishers.
Exactly, I was just backing up F30's point that Robo's finishers being brutal isn't him being out of character like Dixie was implying. Comparing characters with how they act in the story versus their finishers is just an easy way to illustrate it. Especially with Johnny, since his canon personality is very laid back.