What's new

The RoboCop Thread

Zviko

Noob
The only issue I can see with the cancels is that the gunshot is a high, so unless the cancels jail, the opponent can always low poke to beat the cancel.
Depends on how fast the cancel is/how easy it is to react to it. It could be good in the string that has a KB on kounter hit. I believe that string also ends with an overhead so you have to stand up.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
His default kit isn't bad for a zoner either so you get some zoning in all variations really. This is why I think V1 might be the go to variation. It could be a mixture of zoning and pretty strong pressure, depending on how good those pistols cancels are and how grenade setups work. Does it go away if he gets hit like Terminators etc...
Another big question is whether the command throw is high or mid.

Even if V1 is not necessarily the best variation, it could have utility in match ups in which zoning has limited use.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
One more thing to keep in mind about his cancel is that unlike other characters with cancels, he can choose to move backwards with his. Depending on the pushback on his strings, this could make for very easy whiff punishing, or used to create space between heavy pressure characters.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
I'mma be furious if I find out any of you haven't done an out-loud RoboCop impression at some point this past month.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Some notes after testing Robocop for about half an hour.

• d+3 is similar to Noob's and Nightwolf's d+3 but more unsafe on block at -10
  • d+4 has excellent range
  • 1,2,3 is safe but has a gap on the last hit
  • 1,2,1 has no gap but is -8 on block
  • f+3 is a 10 frame mid attack with short range
  • f+2 starts up in 13 frames
  • f+2,1,2 has a gap on the last hit
  • the command grab hits mid and has a counter or punish to a roll escape krushing blow requirement
  • the command grab starts up in 11 frames and has about the same range as Kollector's
  • all gun cancels in V1 seem very negative on block
  • low gunshot is -18 on block but fairly safe when spaced properly
  • low gunshot already seems like one of the best projectiles in the game for reasons that I will discuss at a later time
  • flamethrower provides sufficient advantage on hit to dash forward and force mix ups but is unsafe on block
  • shield has a 9 frame start up and is only in V2 and V3
  • rifle is only in V1 and V3
If you are at work and need something tested, please let me know.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Some notes after testing Robocop for about half an hour.

• d+3 is similar to Noob's and Nightwolf's d+3 but more unsafe on block at -10
  • d+4 has excellent range
  • 1,2,3 is safe but has a gap on the last hit
  • 1,2,1 has no gap but is -8 on block
  • f+3 is a 10 frame mid attack with short range
  • f+2 starts up in 13 frames
  • f+2,1,2 has a gap on the last hit
  • the command grab hits mid and has a counter or punish to a roll escape krushing blow requirement
  • the command grab starts up in 11 frames and has about the same range as Kollector's
  • all gun cancels in V1 seem very negative on block
  • low gunshot is -18 on block but fairly safe when spaced properly
  • low gunshot already seems like one of the best projectiles in the game for reasons that I will discuss at a later time
  • flamethrower provides sufficient advantage on hit to dash forward and force mix ups but is unsafe on block
  • shield has a 9 frame start up and is only in V2 and V3
  • rifle is only in V1 and V3
If you are at work and need something tested, please let me know.
His standing 4 is +6 on block. I can get a semi-safe cancel out of that, but that's the only one I've found so far.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Oh wow, his flamethrower isn't a restand, it just leaves them standing if you haven't launched, same as his auto-9.

Lol, and his amp shoulder mines in v2 whiff in the corner, even when using the short-ranged version, so no corner setups with those.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
F42, B2, F32-ender
Anyone got more damage than this?
239 with commandgrab

B2, J, F32-ender does slightly more.
263 with commandgrab

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Umm, his gas grenade goes away if it hits the opponent, whether they block it or are hit by it. Can't find any corner setups with it. All it does is lead to a +4 restand.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
F42, B2, F32-ender
Anyone got more damage than this?
239 with commandgrab

B2, J, F32-ender does slightly more.
263 with commandgrab
Not yet. His damage output seems to be overall pretty underwhelming.

Still working on optimizing, but in the corner I can get 25% into a +4 restand with f42-4~db1-12~db2.amp

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Umm, his gas grenade goes away if it hits the opponent, whether they block it or are hit by it. Can't find any corner setups with it. All it does is lead to a +4 restand.
Also If you throw, this might be the main purpose!

E

Eldriken

I don't think nearly 25% without bar is that bad. Land it a few times on top of any additional chip damage, stray hits, pokes, throws, etc and it all adds up.

Remember that people lost against Doomsday doing 19% MB Venoms and 12% Earth Shakes on top of chip damage and throws.

Provided @RoboCop doesn't turn out to be a total crapper of a character, his damage output might be just fine.

Oskulock

Noob
At least his zoning seems pretty legit, low auto-9 and rocket seem quite good. I'm pretty alright with the damage as he does have the ability to combo the enemy into the other side of the screen. I just wish even one of the KB's had launch properties.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
His enders provide plenty of plusframes, so damage usually won't end after the combo. Also his bf2-tripleshots seem like a great way to check the opponent. I don't think that damage is his problem. At least not in Var 1.

Var 2 has lowshot though, which might be the most wonderful zoningtool in the game.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The mid command grab combined with his insane forward dash is nuts. You can really add a lot of range to all of your attacks, making it a significant guess for your opponent.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
He can tick throw off d1 and d3, but the fdb input actually makes it harder to do than the standard dbf input, since you have to press down, release down, then press fdb. The d3 tick is pretty easy to do.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wow, just noticed the v2 amplified missile gains an insane amount of block advangage. Point blank it's +7 on block. Full screen it's +24.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's looking like v1 is where it's at. Since none of his safe strings launch, you can cancel just about anything into auto-9 to remain +9 right next to them, opening up mixups with his mid command grab. Everything is pretty comfirmable and he can cancel into retreating auto-9 on block. Some low attacks can catch him if done quickly enough, though f4~db1 seems to avoid most of them and still kombos for 10% on hit, leaving you +8 just outside sweep distance.