What's new

The RoboCop Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I mean if Johnny can go from not wanting to kill Baraka in MK9 to ripping a person in half and making dad jokes with their corpse in MK11, I think Murphy can have a little bit of justified police brutality.
Yeah I mean plus its MK, lol I'd you make guest list on mk you're already known for being a badass or brutal role some extent know what I mean? Plus, Murphy at the end of the first movie and second was pretty hardcore lol. I agree, Johnny's fatalities match his personality as it's something he may not enjoy doing as a hobby with human puppet its definitely something he would do if he killed someone much like the part where he dodges a bullet then nut punches kano lol

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I'm thinking Robocop will have an equippable stance move. In the second one he does a string, then stops for a second and does a low gunshot. Later he also shoots while walking

The animation on that overhead bop is really bad though

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm thinking Robocop will have an equippable stance move. In the second one he does a string, then stops for a second and does a low gunshot. Later he also shoots while walking

The animation on that overhead bop is really bad though
Yeah the bop into spike stab looked rough.

I’m most interested in that walking stance.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
As jazzed as I am about the character, his gameplay didn't seem that appealing to me from those trailers.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
As jazzed as I am about the character, his gameplay didn't seem that appealing to me from those trailers.
I'm hoping it comes together better in the actual game. They didnt show a whole lot of new stuff to be fair. His Auto-9 seems to work different from a normal projectile

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Also on the subject of the trailer, usually the trailer will start with the character just doing moves to the opponent, but then show how some of the moves can be used in game (Spawn uses his tackle to absorb a projectile, Terminator tosses down a grenade to catch someone approaching). These trailers were basically extended versions of that first part so we didnt get a good idea of the cool stuff he might be able to do

ToastWithJam

Advanced Button-Masher
Yeah, he had more tools shown in the first gameplay trailer. I think this was just them trying to be as "movie authentic" as possible. That is to say, fists n' guns.

I mean, Erron is technically a zoner but is capable of some decent CQC combos. Let's wait until we can actually use him first.

Hm. I wasn't excited at all about RoboCop's inclusion, but NRS does such a great job with guests that I figured I'd be pumped still. But he just doesn't really look like he has anything special. I guess I was hoping he'd be night and day different from Terminator, but based on what they showed, he's another slow robot with a shield, a command grab, a walk-forward projectile thing. I do find it funny that they had him get punished both times for the delayed rocket.

I dunno, this is the first time to me in this game that it felt like the NRS team was like "I don't know what to do with this character WB wants. I guess...rockets and a riot shield?". I mean, they could have had ED-209 actually play into his playstyle and make a really off-the-wall unique character, but to me this is more or less exactly what I was expecting.

I hope this was just kinda them going out of their way to do a staged mirror-match type of thing, but if this is mostly how he plays, I'll be more drawn to Fujin and Sheeva.

ToastWithJam

Advanced Button-Masher
Hm. I wasn't excited at all about RoboCop's inclusion, but NRS does such a great job with guests that I figured I'd be pumped still. But he just doesn't really look like he has anything special. I guess I was hoping he'd be night and day different from Terminator, but based on what they showed, he's another slow robot with a shield, a command grab, a walk-forward projectile thing. I do find it funny that they had him get punished both times for the delayed rocket.

I dunno, this is the first time to me in this game that it felt like the NRS team was like "I don't know what to do with this character WB wants. I guess...rockets and a riot shield?". I mean, they could have had ED-209 actually play into his playstyle and make a really off-the-wall unique character, but to me this is more or less exactly what I was expecting.

I hope this was just kinda them going out of their way to do a staged mirror-match type of thing, but if this is mostly how he plays, I'll be more drawn to Fujin and Sheeva.
We already know he has a Sektor-style flamethrower, Cyrax-style bombs and a jetpack from the first trailer. Like I said, they were holding him back in that trailer. His actual gameplay is probably going to resemble a more-zoney Triborg.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I try not to put too much stock in NRS gameplay trailers, as there is a high chance that those were not competitive variations. There's even a chance we saw a combination of custom moves that isn't even possible in casual play.

That said, I'm very excited about what I just saw. I love parries and restands, and it looks like he's got both. I'm also happy we finally got to see him use his actual zoning, which looked like a slowed-down version of Full-Auto from MKX. It looks like it's a single shot with no knockdown normally, and a triple shot with knockdown when amplified.

As for the walking forward gunshot, I'm 99% sure it's a zoning tool with armor or projectile immunity. The one thing I've been disappointed by is that they haven't really captured his invulnerability, but it looks like this move might cover that aspect of him. In both videos, he even activates it at the exact same time Terminator activates his armor special. I feel like they're trying to emulate this scene:

Overall, I'm really happy with what I'm seeing, even if some of the animations are a little clunky. I still wish they would release a T2 Arnold skin, though.

[edit] I keep rewatching and have some further analysis:
  • it looks like the low-gunshots from the 2nd video (0:27) may be his b4
  • his arching shoulder cannon projectile doesn't seem to connect with airborne opponents
  • one of his moves is to summon the Cobra Assault Cannon (1:25). I had previously only seen that during his throw, and only just now realized he was doing it as its own special. I imagine this is a mid-hitting projectile since it's so much slower than his other projectile attacks.
  • The recovery on his slow missile looks to be insane (based on how long it takes him to turn around after Terminator teleports). I imagine this will be one of those frustrating moves that is designed to be used in setups, but in practice is severely limited. It also looks like it quickly speeds up, so you won't be able to follow it in like Reptile's slow orbs.
  • Unlike Liu's meterless launcher, RoboCop's looks like it may be an actual overhead, as Terminator still seems to be in a low state when getting hit by it in the 2nd video. Combined with what I can only assume is a low starter from the 1st video (0:33), it looks like he may have a 50/50 similar to Terminator's.

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Footage of our first real kombo:

I imagine that's something like a f42 into a dash and f21/ f12 into special. Based on previous footage, we know that f42 string (or whatever the input ends up being) is a mid into a punishable high, and it doesn't seem to be the fastest move, so hopefully he's got other good starters. At least it looks good for whiff punishing. I imagine he can end with Flamethrower for a restand or the slow missile for a setup, though the insane recovery on the missile makes me think any setup potential will be severely limited. We've also seen him cancel into that amplified shock grenade.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Footage of our first real kombo:

I imagine that's something like a f42 into a dash and f21/ f12 into special. Based on previous footage, we know that f42 string (or whatever the input ends up being) is a mid into a punishable high, and it doesn't seem to be the fastest move, so hopefully he's got other good starters. At least it looks good for whiff punishing. I imagine he can end with Flamethrower for a restand or the slow missile for a setup, though the insane recovery on the missile makes me think any setup potential will be severely limited. We've also seen him cancel into that amplified shock grenade.
If he's actually gonna be a zoner then that's probably what you get. They most likely want most of his hitconfirm game to just be string xx special, more zoning. Much like how Terminator's only launching string is tied to his mixup, and most of his hitconfirms are just using Shotgun to set up that mix.

Obviously I could be wrong and he'll also most likely get a variation that lets him combo off any string. That overhead bop seemed to do an actual popup too.

Robo's animations kinda look shitty compared to Terminator's, who looked like a real bruiser.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
It's not a matter of them being clunky, it's a matter of them having no weight. The overhead sledgehammer has no follow through. His arms stop as soon as he makes contact. The second hit of the launching string doesn't look like hes trying to knock them into the air, just checking their chin. He hits like a pro wrestler who's not very good at striking. I would know

You can make the argument that hes a robot, but even in the movies when he punched someone he punched through them and had follow through when he did it