What's new

The RoboCop Thread

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I wonder if he will be the new Deathstroke.
He doesn't seem to have any zoning options, except for possible a missile projectile, based on the footage they showed. His gun attacks all seem to just be animations in strings and throws.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Btw I think the pistol doesn't burst fire possibly in order to not break some of the weaker projectile reflect/absorb tools in the game.
Edit: Actually, that doesn't explain his forward throw so nevermind, I dunno.
I think you’re still correct actually.

He doesn't seem to have any zoning options, except for possible a missile projectile, based on the footage they showed. His gun attacks all seem to just be animations in strings and throws.
He also has that ranged stun grenade.

I think it’s a bit silly to think he won’t have a standard gun shot projectile. They didn’t show him just shooting his gun or Fujin just shooting his crossbow in the trailer but I find it highly unlikely that they lack those tools.

NRS usually shows as little of traditional zoning as they can in trailers, probably because they know casuals would complain about a character being “for spammers”.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
His projectile is probably the gun shot, the amp version will trade well with that knockdown. We'll see if it's in every variation.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I'm a fuck with Robocop, can't wait. I love Terminator the character but his playstyle was too paste-eatingly primitive for my taste.

"Come quietly or there will be. Trouble."

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
His projectile is probably the gun shot, the amp version will trade well with that knockdown. We'll see if it's in every variation.
That could be, it just seems like if he had a core move like that, it would have shown up at least once in the trailer, especially with how they showed the gun string and his throw multiple times.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
That could be, it just seems like if he had a core move like that, it would have shown up at least once in the trailer, especially with how they showed the gun string and his throw multiple times.
Gun string? Without rewatching the first trailer, I see two different strings in gif#2 and gif#4 but both end in what is presumably the same gun shot move. It just looks like a special cancel to me, and those are recycled Frankenstrings, gif#4's looks like Jason's/Terminator

I think there's merit to the idea that NRS doesn't want to advertise the zoning and I'd just be surprised if Robo didn't have his iconic weapon as a special and even more so if they made a guest without a basic tool like that. Would be more interesting to see him work without tbh but that what I expect

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Gun string? Without rewatching the first trailer, I see two different strings in gif#2 and gif#4 but both end in what is presumably the same gun shot move. It just looks like a special cancel to me, and those are recycled Frankenstrings, gif#4's looks like Jason's/Terminator

I think there's merit to the idea that NRS doesn't want to advertise the zoning and I'd just be surprised if Robo didn't have his iconic weapon as a special and even more so if they made a guest without a basic tool like that. Would be more interesting to see him work without tbh but that what I expect
Actually, you may be right. I rewatched the footage and it looks like he could be canceling into a 3-shot projectile. Just kind of dumb that they would only show him doing it from strings and not use it as a zoning tool.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Btw I think the pistol doesn't burst fire possibly in order to not break some of the weaker projectile reflect/absorb tools in the game.
Edit: Actually, that doesn't explain his forward throw so nevermind, I dunno.
And there would still be ways to make it look like a burst while still only being a single projectile.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Just kind of dumb that they would only show him doing it from strings and not use it as a zoning tool.
Probably because...

I think there's merit to the idea that NRS doesn't want to advertise the zoning...
I highly doubt Robocop will play anything like Deathstroke and Deadshot because their gameplay designs were flawed and required significant readjustments. I imagine Robocop playing more like Sektor, a zoning character with solid projectiles and an overall balanced toolkit. At least I hope so.

ToastWithJam

Advanced Button-Masher
I've been thinking. There's a bunch of people disappointed that he doesn't have the rapid burst-fire from the movies but there have been plenty of times where he's only fired (or appeared to fire) a single shot from the AUTO-9. Granted the fire sound and muzzle flash is always the same, but only one bullet is seen impacting.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

So while it's a little inaccurate to not have true burst-fire, the AUTO-9 does have semi-automatic capability. Plus as said before a hitscan triple-hit would probably break some existing moves.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok so it seems anyone in Arcade stage can pick up the arcades apparently. But that's really nice that RC has a faceless option alternate, looks great in action.

And the Dead Pool will bring out your skeleton, which is a great homage to MK 9 the dude in the background cranking the hooks with body's on them.