What's new

The Problem With Deadshot

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm glad that you have decided it is not even an opinion but an objective fact that Deadshot makes 25% of the cast redundant. That is absolutely not a completely absurd and ridiculous claim to make, at all. After all, the game has been out a staggering 8-10 days. That is certainly plenty of time to determine that a character is so good he makes a quarter of the roster obsolete.
Eh? I never once said Deadshot was "too good". He doesn't make 25% of the cast redundant because he's "too good". He makes them redundant because he does what they do better than they do it, in addition to his zoning. Read the OP (even just the highghlighted last paragraph). Everything about his tools is an objective statement. He does have a 6-frame mid. Fact. He does have a 50/50. Fact. Everything else pointed out in the op. Fact.

Deadshot isn't "too good". I've yet to lose to a single Deadshot player. But that doesn't change the fact that there is no reason to pick much of the cast as long as Deadshot is a playable character. That is the issue.

Last edited:

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Eh? I never once said Deadshot was "too good". He doesn't make 25% of the cast redundant because he's "too good". He makes them redundant because he does what they do better than they do it, in addition to his zoning. Read the OP. Everything about his tools is an objective statement. He does have a 6-frame mid. Fact. He does have a 50/50. Fact. Everything else pointed out in the op. Fact.

Deadshot isn't "too good". I've yet to lose to a single Deadshot player. But that doesn't change the fact that there is no reason to pick much of the cast as long as Deadshot is a playable character. That is the issue.
My point still stands. We are a little over a week after release and you are telling people that is a fact, not an opinion, but a fact that Deadshot makes much of the cast obsolete. That is an absolutely absurd thing to say when the game is so incredibly young, unless of course you have already discovered all of the possible tech for every single character on the roster.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
My point still stands. We are a little over a week after release and you are telling people that is a fact, not an opinion, but a fact that Deadshot makes much of the cast obsolete. That is an absolutely absurd thing to say when the game is so incredibly young, unless of course you have already discovered all of the possible tech for every single character on the roster.
Well hopefully whenever the arbitrary time limit of not being able to talk about the game is over, it will turn out it was an absurd statement. Until then, or until proven otherwise, I stand by it.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Well hopefully whenever the arbitrary time limit of not being able to talk about the game is over, it will turn out it was an absurd statement. Until then, or until proven otherwise, I stand by it.
Please don't pull that one. I never once said you or anyone else cannot talk about the game at this early stage of it's life. You can have your opinion on the character and I respect your opinion completely. The problem I have with the OP is that you are not saying opinion, you are telling people it is an objective fact, which is absolutely ridiculous. It is far too early to make such concrete claims.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Eh? I never once said Deadshot was "too good". He doesn't make 25% of the cast redundant because he's "too good". He makes them redundant because he does what they do better than they do it, in addition to his zoning. Read the OP (even just the highghlighted last paragraph). Everything about his tools is an objective statement. He does have a 6-frame mid. Fact. He does have a 50/50. Fact. Everything else pointed out in the op. Fact.

If your main point is that deadshot isn't too good but makes other characters redundant why is your OP calling for nerfs to the character? Why not buffs to the characters that are in your opinion redundant? If you never lost to the character and don't seem to have a problem with him, why in the world would you want to make him worse? That doesn't make any sense.

Asking for any changes this early is over the top imo but at least be consistent with your argument.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
At this point in time all "Deadshot needs to be nerf" threads is redundant. We have several videos from different platforms (TYM, Discord & YouTube) showing how to deal with Deadshot. This thread needs to be closed. . . I wish I was a mod.

Wouldn't you agree?

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
While i think deadshot is really good, we need to let the game breath for a little now there are somethings that dont make sense with deadshot but we should wait and see. Also this thread is a prime example of why tym is dying. Before tym was about tech guides and stuff helpful to ppl playing the game now everytime i come on its ppl bitching about there trash character and wanting buffs or bitching about a character that they think is the end all be all. Also i have seen almost no tech since launch on the site which is prettybsad tbh.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I don't play Deadshot for starters. But I have to put the blame on NRS. They make these fun characters that are very strong. Then they rip their hearts out. Why make them like this in the first place. The problems with nerfing any character now is that we don't know what the DLC will bring. Today Deadshot might be at the top of the ladder and tomorrow at the bottom of the ocean. All of this is NRS's own doing.

Anyways my suggestion for Deadshot is to lower the damage of his bullets om hit and chip and decrease his meter building. Let the rest rock.
/thread.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
I love that from the capcom players side they're all like yeah zoning is strong but not op, nothing we haven't deal with before and on the other side NRs players are losing their shit over it.... like we haven't seem or played against MK9 Kabal, Freddy or Kenshi before.

Last edited:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
If your main point is that deadshot isn't too good but makes other characters redundant why is your OP calling for nerfs to the character? Why not buffs to the characters that are in your opinion redundant? If you never lost to the character and don't seem to have a problem with him, why in the world would you want to make him worse? That doesn't make any sense.

Asking for any changes this early is over the top imo but at least be consistent with your argument.
In theory, yes, that would absolutely be the way to go. But unfortunately, 6 frames is as fast as a normal gets in this game, so it's literally impossible to buff the other characters to have better than a 6-frame mid (which is also almost totally safe). And no character needs a 50/50, much less a heavy zoner like Deadshot. We don't want another MKX 50/50 fest on our hands.

Players cried when anyone mentioned nerfing Deadshot's zoning. "We just want a good zoner" was the mantra. Yet when anyone mentions removing his safe 50/50, which is just a stupid, lazy mechanic that no character should have, they cry even harder. At this point, I kind of hope they just nerf his Wrist Shot into oblivion and let him keep his precious 50/50.

Schuyler

Noob
forgot to mention how he can stagger a sring that starts low into OH. What kinda bull is that. There is no reason not to use deadshot.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
In theory, yes, that would absolutely be the way to go. But unfortunately, 6 frames is as fast as a normal gets in this game, so it's literally impossible to buff the other characters to have better than a 6-frame mid (which is also almost totally safe). And no character needs a 50/50, much less a heavy zoner like Deadshot. We don't want another MKX 50/50 fest on our hands.

Players cried when anyone mentioned nerfing Deadshot's zoning. "We just want a good zoner" was the mantra. Yet when anyone mentions removing his safe 50/50, which is just a stupid, lazy mechanic that no character should have, they cry even harder. At this point, I kind of hope they just nerf his Wrist Shot into oblivion and let him keep his precious 50/50.
Fortunately frames aren't the only thing to consider when balancing characters. There's many other factors that come into play.

I really don't see how you can determine that no character needs a 50/50. You may not like 50/50's but every NRS game from MK9 to now has 50/50's. Some characters would probably suck if they didn't have them. Who really knows? Poor design? That's a fair opinion, if it's something you don't like then NRS games are probably not for you.

The game is in week 2, are you really confident enough to say that you know enough about the game now to call for specific changes? Do you know more than the testers who spent countless hours with the game this early on? Do you have that much of an understanding of the entire cast? We don't even know what most of the cast is really capable of let alone the DLC right around the corner.

I think the community really needs to just play and explore the game instead of acting like they know better than the designers and testers in less than 2 weeks. We will always have good and bad characters but it's usually quite blurry in the first few weeks of a games life.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
Haven't played a ton of dead shots, but I've absolutely destroyed the ones I have managed to play online.

His damage seems really low, so I think that's one area that you missed that other characters have.

Could be a problem character, but my 2 cents is to wait at least until we've seen how a few major tournaments conclude. It takes more than 2 weeks to learn how to even play a character to the highest ability. Black Adam and Supergirl seem to counter him pretty hard atm

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
You know, why can't Deadshot mains just be like "Yeah character is a little bit fucked up, but I still want to play him." That'd be refreshing as hell. I mean it's not like they can't all not know where people are coming from, even if they disagree.
Because this is not something that's ever occurred or ever will occur on tym. It's not the culture of the site. Nobody will ever say a good thing about their character. You know the saying from high school, it's "lie, lie, deny". Downplay your character until the end of time but cry for nerfs for every other character until yours is free wins.

There's no modesty here, I don't know how you can expect it from tym if you've been a member here for more than 5 minutes. This is not a place for stimulating discussion, at least the majority of it seems to be that way.

I also can't believe people are STILL crying about deadshot too. It's pretty sad that there's ~29 characters in the game and all of tym has honed in on crying about one character cause he probably has some good MUs. Deadshot is not the best character and if he were to get nerfed, the zoning should absolutely remain the same because taking that away would be chopping off his legs entirely

Last edited:
One thing I have always noticed about the NRS community is the tendency to only focus on one character when calling for patches. I've seen the occasional "Black Adam does too much damage" but it definitely feels like Deadshot is being scapegoated at the moment.

What happens if Deadshot does get the nerf? Are we just going to start complaining about the next best zoning character until we've neutered the play-style from the game, like what happened with MKX? There really needs to be a good 3 months until the first patch drops so we can make our minds up about what does and doesn't break the game.