What's new

The Patch's Real Injustice: Superman's breath still positive on block

Status
Not open for further replies.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
His midscreen damage was relatively untouched however, you shouldnt be all together too worried about it. as a flash player xFriction_Burnx pushblocks out of it easily and follows up with his own pressure and good reads. Good supermen will want to corner carry you anyway. The most significant change that benefits you (i.e. non supes players) and has the superman mains scratching their heads currently is on what to do at the moment now that his over the top corner rape got hella nerfed. This is not a complaint mind you, just a statement.

His midscreen damage was relatively untouched however, you shouldnt be all together too worried about it. as a flash player xFriction_Burnx pushblocks out of it easily and follows up with his own pressure and good reads. Good supermen will want to corner carry you anyway. The most significant change that benefits you (i.e. non supes players) and has the superman mains scratching their heads currently is on what to do at the moment now that his over the top corner rape got hella nerfed. This is not a complaint mind you, just a statement.
thanx for the shoutout KILLA!! nice fucking sig btw

Edit: I'm not a flash player... I AM the Flash!

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
If you don't play online and only offline then it should be easier for you. LEARN that's how you beat it. I play online and my friends are those low tier heros who can beat me. Your trying to point f23 is scrubby OK, now what? Are you gonna stay in this thread until everyone know superman's f23 is scrubby or you gonna let it go and do something about it. Level up your flash so that you want them so be scrubby with that F23 and punish them. Stop hold yourself back and level up.
This is a message board to disscuss a video game. I posted my opinions in a thread about superman's breath not being nerfed. You keep telling me to level up and adapt after i named every way out of it. I know how to deal with it the point is it's scrubby. I am not here to make everyone agree with me about it being scrubby i made one post and all the butthurt superman mains came out of the woodwork to defend themselves. When you say something is scrubby everyone feels like i am attacking them personally. My definition of scrubby: a move or a tactic that requires little to no effort to execute or maintain but requires a lot of effort to stop.

MrAvA

Smashing.
This is a message board to disscuss a video game. I posted my opinions in a thread about superman's breath not being nerfed. You keep telling me to level up and adapt after i named every way out of it. I know how to deal with it the point is it's scrubby. I am not here to make everyone agree with me about it being scrubby i made one post and all the butthurt superman mains came out of the woodwork to defend themselves. When you say something is scrubby everyone feels like i am attacking them personally. My definition of scrubby: a move or a tactic that requires little to no effort to execute or maintain but requires a lot of effort to stop.
Well this post is in the superman section and as a superman main we give our opinion on the subject. Me wanting you to level or adapt was not meant to be an insult but for you to find ways to deal with F23.

"I know how to deal with it the point is it's scrubby" Ok now what?

Edit:"requires a lot of effort to stop" WTF you can d2 on reaction of his follow up F2.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Well this post is in the superman section and as a superman main we give our opinion on the subject. Me wanting you to level or adapt was not meant to be an insult but for you to find ways to deal with F23.

"I know how to deal with it the point is it's scrubby" Ok now what?

Edit:"requires a lot of effort to stop" WTF you can d2 and d3 on reaction of his follow up F2.
omg.....sigh no you cannot d2 or d3 on reaction. The best you can hope for is to trade and that's if it's on the frame perfect. The move has to be 7 frames or faster AND be able to hit superman. You are terribly misinformed please just stop

Belial

Noob
Superman db+1 and air db+1 got nerf as well. MB on this specials cannot be delayed anymore.

As for dealing with breath
Common options after breath go as such: f23, dash forward f23 (beats backdash), jump back~air dash (will crossup idle opponent, will reach backdashing opponent). Also f23 or delayed f23 are always an option, of course.

Universal counters to his pressure are
1) d+1 into special to combo. If superman jumps, some characters with good AA can AA his jump. Other will have to suffer.
2) Backdash. Should superman press on with f23 or delayed f23 (to punish d+1) it will wiff and you will get full combo punishment (some characters cannot backdash, such as catwoman)
3) Do not jump and do not MB f+3/b+3, this is too risky and generally useless.
4) Character specific counters. Some moves will go under f23. I think Shazam headbutt will go right through superman f2 iirc, catwoman has a lot of moves that will go under, most notably b+3, f+3, dd+3. lex luthor bf+3 and Flash's db+3 (flying uppercut) are fast enough to beat alot of options superman will do. Parries work too.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Superman db+1 and air db+1 got nerf as well. MB on this specials cannot be delayed anymore.

As for dealing with breath
Common options after breath go as such: f23, dash forward f23 (beats backdash), jump back~air dash (will crossup idle opponent, will reach backdashing opponent). Also f23 or delayed f23 are always an option, of course.

Universal counters to his pressure are
1) d+1 into special to combo. If superman jumps, some characters with good AA can AA his jump. Other will have to suffer.
2) Backdash. Should superman press on with f23 or delayed f23 (to punish d+1) it will wiff and you will get full combo punishment (some characters cannot backdash, such as catwoman)
3) Do not jump and do not MB f+3/b+3, this is too risky and generally useless.
4) Character specific counters. Some moves will go under f23. I think Shazam headbutt will go right through superman f2 iirc, catwoman has a lot of moves that will go under, most notably b+3, f+3, dd+3. lex luthor bf+3 and Flash's db+3 (flying uppercut) are fast enough to beat alot of options superman will do. Parries work too.
some chars can jump and MB f3 or b3 and it actuaslly is worth it.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx

Here's basically all the ways out of f23 breath loop at least with the flash. MB b3/f3, double dash or dash but can;t punish because his backdash has terrible recovery, trade with d1, push block, or take the breath.
Solid

@MrAvA

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
People need to level the fuck up and stop bitching about breath. Its not even a case of "just block and dash bro!" type of hard. There are so many counters to it. Learn them. Get in training mode and figure it out.
Thank you man seriously people are just sad lil players that don't even try anything. If we didn't try to work so hard on supes I doubt he wouldn't be so good the way he is

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Here's basically all the ways out of f23 breath loop at least with the flash. MB b3/f3, double dash or dash but can;t punish because his backdash has terrible recovery, trade with d1, push block, or take the breath.

As I said, completely doable, you just have to work at it.

I guess people are having a hard time understanding that there will always be bad match ups in EVERY FIGHTING GAME. And people are to busy whining or crying to even see the bigger picture. Outside of damage and the F23 string, what else does he have? Like taking away Killer Frost's slide, what else does she have? Before you cry or scream foul, please look at the bigger picture.

Stuff like this makes me not really like the NRS community tbh.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
I guess people are having a hard time understanding that there will always be bad match ups in EVERY FIGHTING GAME. And people are to busy whining or crying to even see the bigger picture. Outside of damage and the F23 string, what else does he have? Like taking away Killer Frost's slide, what else does she have? Before you cry or scream foul, please look at the bigger picture.

Most of the people here are new and not even from the nrs community. Just brand new cough cough scrubs that complain about everything since injustice came out cough

The Gabriel

Mean Man

What else does he have? Incredible zoning? Incredible movement options? Incredible air zoning and movement options? Beastly trait? High damage output?

Apoc

Noob
Can't help but to sense hate towards the character for who he is rather than his actual performance in game. Ignorance is defeating those that complain about a characters kit, go to the lab and find out how can you punish a bad Superman that decides to go for a second.

RoGE

Noob
Stop changing the game and let it evolve.

Starting to think this will be like MK9 where a lot of the good stuff is nerfed and we get something similar to the watered down Kabal-fest.

What else does he have? Incredible zoning? Incredible movement options? Incredible air zoning and movement options? Beastly trait? High damage output?
Incredible zoning? Really? Do people not know that majority of the characters in the cast can punish jump air laser if isn't meter burn? Heat Zap has pretty bad start up and you can duck it.

And I said outside of damage and F23 string, why you saying damage again? Matter of fact , you said zoning and movement twice like saying it twice in the same paragraph makes it two different options.

The characters mix ups are horrible so how is he going to get that hit for high damage? Overhead hella slow, lows are bad on block, air dashes are predictable.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Incredible zoning? Really? Do people not know that majority of the characters in the cast can punish jump air laser if isn't meter burn? Heat Zap has pretty bad start up and you can duck it.

And I said outside of damage and F23 string, why you saying damage again? Matter of fact , you said zoning and movement twice like saying it twice in the same paragraph makes it two different options.

The characters mix ups are horrible so how is he going to get that hit for high damage? Overhead hella slow, lows are bad on block, air dashes are predictable.
It's ok man people are stupid and don't know how to block a laser and then punish as he's coming down from it. It's just to hard to walk in patiently, block an air laser and duck a heat zap smh

Status
Not open for further replies.