What's new

The Patch's Real Injustice: Superman's breath still positive on block

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
I love it...the rumored nerf of a low/mid tier character (Ares) turns out to be true, while the rumored nerf of the indisputable #1 character in the game turns out to be completely fiction!

Yep, breath strings are still completely OP, and still inescapable by certain backdash-neglected cast members.

Add to it that Superman's damage "nerf" turned out to be no big deal within a few hours of post-patch exploration, and we are left with the sad fact that this is still Superman's world and we're all just living in it.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
Could we make a list of characters that can dash out f23 breath? I havent been able to test it because of a broken controller, but the flash and shazam have great backdashes so I'm assuming they can, and I've seen black adams on stream do it

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
GTFO here with these threads man, did no one see Reo interupting this shit all day vs Jr at ECT?? How good did super man look in that match? Sure he is still retartedly good, but he's superman, if you don't like it, main him.
You don't get it. The problem is every character CAN'T get out of it in ANY way other than using meter. Only some chars can. The others can only push block, which is ridiculous. So you either have to blow a bar of meter for nothing or if you have no meter you're stuck until you get hit somehow. This should have been one of the 1st things they adjusted.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Someone told me that Ares can't MB B3 after breath and before the next F2 and I did it several times in test, can someone tell me a list of characters that can't MB B3 in the gap between?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
You don't get it. The problem is every character CAN'T get out of it in ANY way other than using meter. Only some chars can. The others can only push block, which is ridiculous. So you either have to blow a bar of meter for nothing or if you have no meter you're stuck until you get hit somehow. This should have been one of the 1st things they adjusted.
thats fighting games for you man, not every character can do everything in every match up.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Anyone complaining about a +1 move is on something special, some characters can backdash it, I think you can jump back, MBF3, pushblock. People complain about this but don't complain about Nightwings Staff stance +strings which are ALL OF THEM? Please.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
thats fighting games for you man, not every character can do everything in every match up.
I understand that. But that doesn't mean that people aren't going to speak out when they main a char that literally can do absolutely nothing but either push block IF they have meter, or be pressured by 1 single string until they eventually get hit somehow.

Against certain chars there is literally no risk in Supes just doing the string over and over laughing at you blow meters on push blocks or catching you with it or a mix up. That's a little ridiculous.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Anyone complaining about a +1 move is on something special, some characters can backdash it, I think you can jump back, MBF3, pushblock. People complain about this but don't complain about Nightwings Staff stance +strings which are ALL OF THEM? Please.
The problem with the string is a combination of + on block and the actual string moving him closer to you. Its basically a loop for characters with crappy backdashes.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's not a loop when a majority of the cast can d1 it. Only characters with 8 frame or slower d1s can't.

It is weird, though, that he didn't lose this.

Status
Not open for further replies.