What's new

The Patch's Real Injustice: Superman's breath still positive on block

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
It's not a loop when a majority of the cast can d1 it. Only characters with 8 frame or slower d1s can't.
Or d1's that don't have enough range to punish.

Plus Superman's d1 is 6 frames and the breath is positive so he can always do something for free.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Anyone complaining about a +1 move is on something special, some characters can backdash it, I think you can jump back, MBF3, pushblock. People complain about this but don't complain about Nightwings Staff stance +strings which are ALL OF THEM? Please.
Jer depending on the char you may NOT be able to jump back, MBb3, OR backdash. Someone had a list of all chars who could only push block, it's around here somewhere. Those are the people who have every right to complain. If you're playing with Batman/Frost/etc then of course there are other ways to counter, but that isn't the case for all chars which is where the complaints come from.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Jer depending on the char you may NOT be able to jump back, MBb3, OR backdash. Someone had a list of all chars who could only push block, it's around here somewhere. Those are the people who have every right to complain. If you're playing with Batman/Frost/etc then of course there are other ways to counter, but that isn't the case for all chars which is where the complaints come from.

I agree with you. But you can always pushblock(I know its one bar but still)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The breath has pushback and Superman can't d1 you out of your d1 if you don't have a long range d1.

MB b3/f3 doesn't work if your bounce is that slow or Superman has trait active.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I agree with you. But you can always pushblock(I know its one bar but still)
True indeed. My best way of dealing with it is after a push block I try to keep him within my range of my strengths. I get more upset with myself for letting him back in than anything else.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
Note that for at least some characters you have to block at least part if not the whole f23 breath string standing to be able to backdash away from another f23. The most recent case I noticed of this is with Batgirl. Doing this opens you up for f2d1 which he still gets a combo off of so it's still a mixup in a way, but it's good to know.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
everyone can backdash it actually, just for some you have to delay it so its timed with the invincibility. some still have to block the 2nd hit at the end of their backdash, but they could then double backdash.

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
People still complaining about a +1 move on block (really? It's +1 people. It's a barely anything) Need to hit up training mode with their characters asap, and figure out how to beat it.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
BTW, I have to ask, why don't people just get hit by the 9 percent breath every now and then rather than allow that pressure to continue?
Thank you, I've been saying this as well. Get out of pressure free card. It's the same as letting yourself get hit by subzero during a clone cancel. Or push block. Bye bye ...smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The Gabriel

Mean Man
People still complaining about a +1 move on block (really? It's +1 people. It's a barely anything) Need to hit up training mode with their characters asap, and figure out how to beat it.
Oh my god, thank you so much! I never thought of that!!!!! I'm sure the answer is in training mode!

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
All of the top tier characters have good options against it so who cares. Pick up Adam, aqua, frost, batman and you can get out easily. Nerfing superman would just make him lose to top tier chars and make one less character S tier. Rinse and repeat until MK10 and see where the musical chairs of nerfs leaves us.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
All the free people just please ask reo and tom brady how easy it is to get out of f23 breath. Its too funny sometimes :rolleyes:
Why don't you tell us?
I'm a little perplexed on how to get out of this for characters like Grundy.
Edit: Well SHEEIT!! After 10 minutes of training I realized that if I (the Grundy) time my backdash just right, the f2 whiffs BUT I still have to block the 3. So now, taking into account that I (the Grundy player mind you) got my first backdash to work (and if the superman doesn't time his f2 to catch my backdash attempt) , I can backdash for a SECOND time and the 3 will whiff as well. And now where both back at neutral.

And don't ask about Grundy armor, because Supes is floating in the air, if I do walking corpse it will absorb the f2 then the grab will whiff and then the 3 will hit. My only viable option is to do an armor trait, but again, Supes can read this and punish with a full combo. Not to mention that Supes can cancel into his trait and blow up any armor attempts made by any character.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
i mean.......it is........
Holy shit guys, it WORKED!!!!!!!!!! IT REALLY DID!!!!!!!

I was in training mode trying to crack it, and all of a sudden the game said I unlocked new content! It just said "Ares buffs unlocked" so when I started testing, I realized that my time in training mode had unlocked new frame data for Ares and a host of other buffs! His backdash now goes twice as far and as fast! His d1 now hits further! His teleport has less start-up so it can actually punish bad projectiles on reaction!

THANK YOOUUUUUUUUUU

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Holy shit guys, it WORKED!!!!!!!!!! IT REALLY DID!!!!!!!

I was in training mode trying to crack it, and all of a sudden the game said I unlocked new content! It just said "Ares buffs unlocked" so when I started testing, I realized that my time in training mode had unlocked new frame data for Ares and a host of other buffs! His backdash now goes twice as far and as fast! His d1 now hits further! His teleport has less start-up so it can actually punish bad projectiles on reaction!

THANK YOOUUUUUUUUUU
the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If ares struggles this much against superman, then herr ka derr, counter pick or play somebody else. Jesus man....

Status
Not open for further replies.