What's new

The Patch's Real Injustice: Superman's breath still positive on block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Holy shit guys, it WORKED!!!!!!!!!! IT REALLY DID!!!!!!!

I was in training mode trying to crack it, and all of a sudden the game said I unlocked new content! It just said "Ares buffs unlocked" so when I started testing, I realized that my time in training mode had unlocked new frame data for Ares and a host of other buffs! His backdash now goes twice as far and as fast! His d1 now hits further! His teleport has less start-up so it can actually punish bad projectiles on reaction!

THANK YOOUUUUUUUUUU
Fuck Ares!

Jk.

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
If your character has absolutely no way out. None at all. Just take the breath and roll to reset things.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
And we are...your point?
My point is that threads like this are silly and you need to go into training mode and find out what works. I was offering a solution for Adam players that didn't already know how to get out of it. No need to be so salty.

If your character has absolutely no way out. None at all. Just take the breath and roll to reset things.
While I do see a point to this it wouldn't be that difficult for a Superman to read this after the first couple times and mb it anyway.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Everyone who is saying it's just +1 and it's not that bad has never played against a superman with a brain. The +1 is a problem because it makes his 8 frame mid that out reaches everything 7 frames. He basically out footsies every character in the game. Pushblock works but costs a bar so everytime superman touches me which he will i have to use a bar..great

Joshkazkab

It's why you mix it up. Never let Superman know when you're just going to take the hit.

. If you use the flash im pretty sure he has a couple of ways of beating F23 loops.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
It's why you mix it up. Never let Superman know when you're just going to take the hit.

. If you use the flash im pretty sure he has a couple of ways of beating F23 loops.
Supermans 8 frame mid out ranges flash b2 and is 7 frames faster. Breath isn't even the problem against flash. Flash can backdash if timed right but is so risky and not really worth doing. Superman is just really scrubby almost as mushc as killer frost.

Joshkazkab

I am purty sure flash has more than just B2.
You will have to takes risks to beat F23breath loops with a lot of characters, and its just what fighting games are about. Guessing right and taking risks to win.

If you have to use backdash to beat it then do it. If you have to use a reversal to beat it then read the Superman, and do it when he gets too F23 happy.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Does he really need this?

Would supermen make a 'Kano 3.0' thread if he lost this?

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I am purty sure flash has more than just B2.
You will have to takes risks to beat F23breath loops with a lot of characters, and its just what fighting games are about. Guessing right and taking risks to win.

If you have to use backdash to beat it then do it. If you have to use a reversal to beat it then read the Superman, and do it when he gets too F23 happy.
I understand you have to make reads to get out of pressure I don't even want superman nerfed. All i'm saying is that f2 string into breath is scrubby. Requires no execution and makes the opponent have to use meter for armor, which doesnt even work with a majority of the cast, or use meter for pushblock. Back dashes get caught and all superman has to do is dash in and punish your backdash. Superman doesn't even have to loop it he can cross over backdash whatever he wants. It's no risk pressure at all very scrubby. Now supermans who just do the breath loop no matter what can be beat easily it's the player who have a brain that make him extremely good

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Also I Ask all of you why supermans zoning was untouched ??? As far as I know ppl online cry about it as much as they did about DS guns. THIS IS TRUE INJUSTICE

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Also I Ask all of you why supermans zoning was untouched ??? As far as I know ppl online cry about it as much as they did about DS guns. THIS IS TRUE INJUSTICE
No one online complains about this part of superman, cause all they do is air lasers. Half of them probably don't know this exists.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I understand you have to make reads to get out of pressure I don't even want superman nerfed. All i'm saying is that f2 string into breath is scrubby. Requires no execution and makes the opponent have to use meter for armor, which doesnt even work with a majority of the cast, or use meter for pushblock. Back dashes get caught and all superman has to do is dash in and punish your backdash. Superman doesn't even have to loop it he can cross over backdash whatever he wants. It's no risk pressure at all very scrubby. Now supermans who just do the breath loop no matter what can be beat easily it's the player who have a brain that make him extremely good
Please prove your post with a video. Show us how there are characters that can't beat it and have no options. Show why using pushblock to set the situation at neutral is worse to do on a Superman that does the braindead loop over and over again, than to use pushblock on a character like Nightwing that has nasty frametraps with massive chip damage or on a Batman to make him lose his bats so you could escape his pressure for a moment. That is all I ask. Please prove what you preach.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Does he really need this?

Would supermen make a 'Kano 3.0' thread if he lost this?

With the severe scaling nerf to his F2D1, his completely punishable mixup game up close(scoop) or slow as molasses overhead string and considering 90 percent of his strings/specials leave him at negative frames (most not punishable, but negative) then yeah, I'd say he needs it. It wouldn't make him an awful character by any means if nerfed, probably still top 10, but he would not be anywhere near as dangerous.

Also, this tool is not as great as people are making it sound, it CAN be overcome with practice. I've asked people to give me a list of characters that can't blow this string up with MB B3/F3 so I can test it and I've gotten no response but Ares and I did it several times in training mode.

Edit:

Have you seen the 80 years it takes for lasers to start up?

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Please prove your post with a video. Show us how there are characters that can't beat it and have no options. Show why using pushblock to set the situation at neutral is worse to do on a Superman that does the braindead loop over and over again, than to use pushblock on a character like Nightwing that has nasty frametraps with massive chip damage or on a Batman to make him lose his bats so you could escape his pressure for a moment. That is all I ask. Please prove what you preach.
Prove what go to practice mode yourself record the superman loop and try to beat it. b3/f3 mb gets beat if it's slow, backdashes can work but is hard, risky, and is easily scouted and pushblock obviously works. Some characters like aquaman can trade the followup with a just frame poke or uppercut which can be punished if superman delays the next loop. You can jump and you will only take the first hit which can work but not ideal or you could take the breath and go full screen. There's plenty of ways out of it my point was that its extremely scrubby.

Night wing doesn't have an 8 frame mid that out reaches everything that leads to 38-40+%

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
With the severe scaling nerf to his F2D1, his completely punishable mixup game up close(scoop) or slow as molasses overhead string and considering 90 percent of his strings/specials leave him at negative frames (most not punishable, but negative) then yeah, I'd say he needs it. It wouldn't make him an awful character by any means if nerfed, probably still top 10, but he would not be anywhere near as dangerous.

Also, this tool is not as great as people are making it sound, it CAN be overcome with practice. I've asked people to give me a list of characters that can't blow this string up with MB B3/F3 so I can test it and I've gotten no response but Ares and I did it several times in training mode.

Edit:

Have you seen the 80 years it takes for lasers to start up?
Im sure that "80 years" makes his zoning third best in the game after sinestro and cyborg ? dude , he could almost outzone DS before patch lol . Imagine now :) Am I right m2dave ? Also add to this his superior upclose game ;)

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I did with Ares' MB B3 which is supposed to be not possible (from what I hear).
The meterburn b3/f3 for the flash atleast is weird sometimes it will work sometimes it won't. Regardless superman's trait break armor and he can just simply backdash or crossover.

Status
Not open for further replies.