What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Kabal is not technical. I wish you guys will stop using that as an excuse. I literally picked him up a week ago & I'm doing above average NDC's. The only one that's hard is 2 xx NDC.
But I'm pretty sure your thought process as to when to do stuff with the character in combination of letting your fingers fly isn't even close to fleshed out yet, amirite?

REO, Ibuki really isn't that technical. She has like a couple things that are actually execution-heavy, but much of her gameplay really isn't that technical. Technical is basically Gen.

THTB

Speaking of other fighting games, Joe, you picking up VF5FS in June? I'm planning on learning it, and I need goddamn sparring partners! >.<

The "Haters" are the ones who actually watch the streams etc. It doesn't matter if they don't play competitively/offline. They are still a huge part of the community. Who the hell wants to see Kabal Vs Kabal in every tourney? I applaud Detroit for using Ermac & doing very well at MLG. That was pretty cool & a breath of fresh air.

Let's be honest here, no game can withstand being dominated by 1 to 2 of the best character(s) in the current generation. 3rd Strike is the only game that's managed that. Why? The fucking parry mechanic. Ken and Chun Li dominated that game, nobody can dispute that, BUT I fucking love every minute of watching 3rd Strike because the parry mechanic is UNIVERSAL.THIS WAS A FUCKING GOOD GAME. MK9 IS NOT.

I disagree MK9 is a very good game, and MK10 can be great if they follow this blueprint.

THTB

The "Haters" are the ones who actually watch the streams etc. It doesn't matter if they don't play competitively/offline. They are still a huge part of the community. Who the hell wants to see Kabal Vs Kabal in every tourney? I applaud Detroit for using Ermac & doing very well at MLG. That was pretty cool & a breath of fresh air.
No one wants to see a game reduced to one character, truthfully, but that's no one's fault but the developers not foreseeing things far enough. And at that point, you can't be mad at them because they don't entirely expect things to end up the way they do (Though with how far Kabal has come along, it's really dumb he flew under the radar in the first place, to both the players and the devs).

The only thing you can really do is decide whether you wanna continue playing/watching, or want to move onto other things, and wait for the next installment to come out.

Seeing such a limited portion of the cast being used shouldn't be new news to us. Case in point, MLG Columbus. Not quite as limited a cast as we're expecting to be pretty soon, but this game was headed in that direction already.

Also, it wasn't Ken that was one of the godly 2 in 3S. It was Yun.

But I'm pretty sure your thought process as to when to do stuff with the character in combination of letting your fingers fly isn't even close to fleshed out yet, amirite?

REO, Ibuki really isn't that technical. She has like a couple things that are actually execution-heavy, but much of her gameplay really isn't that technical. Technical is basically Gen.
Idk man I just let it flow. For example, I usually just f3,2 xx NDC - b1 xx NDC - b1,2 xx NDC etc, etc. I do that without much thought. I came from Street Fighter, so execution was never a concern of mine.

REO

Undead
I know, but regardless she's harder to use than Kabal and isn't even considered "technical". And no, I'm not getting VF.

Then tell them to watch a stream for a better game.

THTB

I know, but regardless she's harder to use than Kabal and isn't even considered "technical". And no, I'm not getting VF.
I wouldn't really even go that far. SFIV execution is mad overrated, excluding a small group of characters. A lot of SFIV's 1f shit gets reduced to input oversights that make a bunch of 1f combos and shit extremely easy.

And boo you're a lame. Game is 15 bucks and is likely to have a boss netcode. :p

Flagg

Noob
Except I thought CD jr said he was sticking with Jax because he PERSONALLY enjoys using the character, so what the Hell does the community have to do with that?

REO This game is great! I'm used to seeing the same characters in top8 from SF4. Top players are always going to use a solid character to try and win a tourney that I understand. I like Kabal, and I know I will keep seeing him, Sonya, Cage, Jax, Kenshi, etc.

Every fighting game has dominant characters. You're more likely to see these characters at a high level. What is the big deal about that? Just let the game play out. MK9 is still a great, fun game.

And I agree, SF4 is not hard execution-wise. Same with Marvel. KoF13 though...

FuzzySlipperz

IN TRAINING
lmao this argument entertains me... who cares who uses top tier characters... these guys are playing for the love of the game as well as the MONEY..and when thousands of dollars are on the line i would too. This debate goes back to the stupid counter- or not to counter pick argument.If picking a certain character over another for a better chance to get that money wouldn't you do it? Blame NRS for the inconsistency and or the death of MK9 due to their negligence

even in other games at the highest level of gameplay people choose the weapon that gives them the best shot of winning
look at Daigo in SF4 AE

Also i don't mind when a clearly overpowered sometimes... sometimes its makes the community work harder to discover new tech to counter said character or bring their respective character to a level they can try to compete

an example of this would be 3rd strike mvc2 and even in mvc3 sf4ae

Flagg

Noob
REO, I have a serious question to ask, do you not like Mortal Kombat having such a large community (compared to previous MK games)?

It seems like you are deliberately trying to alienate a proportion of it.

Spletty

Grandmaster
Meh, I'm going over to play VF5FS. :p

>.> <.<

In all seriousness, the only thing stopping Kabal from dominating right now is because he still requires you to actually learn him to compete at higher levels.
I like vf5 lol..

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

FuzzySlipperz

IN TRAINING
As a Long time KOF player whats make the game sooo hard is not only the unforgiving execution is the fact that nothing is free..... everything can be countered similar to 3rdstrike....choosing the right answer at anygiving time is hard lol..

thats why it takes a long time of grinding with kof and or 3rd strike to be considered good lol

M2Dave

Zoning Master
CD jr., while I understand your competitive nature, I still do not understand why you have decided to use Kabal. As far as I know, REO has only beaten you once at a tournament that was not even considered a major. Of course, you can use whomever you like, but I am very surprised that you mistrust your abilities and give up on your best character so easily. One loss should not affect you so much considering you have beaten REO many more times.

I personally could not careless about Kabal. The only reason I would ever consider using that character is to counter-pick high level Smoke players, who concern me more than anybody else. I think Freddy would beat Kabal if it were not for the semi-block infinite combo, but even with it Freddy still has a very good chance to win.

CD jr

Noob
CD jr., while I understand your competitive nature, I still do not understand why you have decided to use Kabal. As far as I know, REO has only beaten you once at a tournament that was not even considered a major. Of course, you can use whomever you like, but I am very surprised that you mistrust your abilities and give up on your best character so easily. One loss should not affect you so much considering you have beaten REO many more times.

I personally could not careless about Kabal. The only reason I would ever consider using that character is to counter-pick high level Smoke players, who concern me more than anybody else. I think Freddy would beat Kabal if it were not for the semi-block infinite combo, but even with it Freddy still has a very good chance to win.
im not using kabal because reo beat me im using kabal because i have better chance at winning with him because he is the best in the game.im gonna keep using jax because kabal is not ready but when i feel that kabal is ready i am going to main him for now im going all jax until my kabal is ready

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
There is a certain level of entitlement people seem to have when it comes to how they want OTHER people to play the game. It is very annoying within this community. A lot of players seem to think they have any say so at all on what character their opponent uses and how they play that character. Honestly, I don't understand why. Why must you try and wedge in your opinion or ideals on "how it should be" to the extent to where you think everyone else should agree with you and follow what you say? Stop trying to dictate how other people want to play. Worry about yourself, and maybe you won't have to spend all your time worrying about what top players choices in characters are.