What's new

The Newest Mortal Kombat (9) Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyke_out

Noob
Kano's Bad-match ups according to M2Dave, Reo, Tom

Kano: Freddy, Kabal, Mileena, Sonya, Sub Zero
Kano's Good match-ups according to Jago, based off of the tier list, by the above mention members

Kano (1) - Sheeva
So Kano loses to 5 and wins 1 and breaks even with 25 of the rest of the cast?

I'm not sure if that is right, butif so, it's perfectly acceptable to me, I feel that he doesn't lose that badly to his bad match ups.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Slips said:
Mileena is probably 6:4 in her favor yea. If Mileena is 6:4, then Kitana is 7:3. I'd much rather deal with Mileena's d4, roll and 42 than Kit's d1 and f21.
Can Kitana whiff punish Scorpion's d+4 with f+2,1? The second hit whiffs against Mileena's d+4, and you actually have enough time to react and roll.

I know everybody probably already knows, but Kitana's d+1 is definitely not safe up close. Albeit nobody will ever punish the move consistently, you can still "check" her with your pokes. Can Scorpion do so with d+4 or d+4 xx takedown? I am also interested in what you think the safe takedown does for Scorpion.

[MENTION=2344]cyke_out[/MENTION], I am aware that some things do not make much sense. The match ups will be reevaluated very soon.

If any player for any character has any legitimate criticism, please stop bitching about REO, Tom, or me and just contribute.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Can Kitana whiff punish Scorpion's d+4 with f+2,1? The second hit whiffs against Mileena's d+4, and you actually have enough time to react and roll.

f+2~cutter or f+2~ex fan.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.

I know everybody probably already knows, but Kitana's d+1 is definitely not safe up close. Albeit nobody will ever punish the move consistently, you can still "check" her with your pokes. Can Scorpion do so with d+4 or d+4 xx takedown? I am also interested in what you think the safe takedown does for Scorpion.
Kit's d1 is fine up close, you can handle it like anyone else's d1. Its when its used in space to keep people out is when its a problem. The range is just too absurd. Its essentially a 6 frame d4. Granted it doesn't hit low, but the potential of it being cancelled into d1 xx cutter means you better block low anyway or risk getting rushed down. I know I can check and sometimes punish Kit's d1 up clsoe with a d1 of my own, but haven't been confident enough to try d4. I know Mileena I have no problem blocking her d4 and checking her with my own, but Kit's d1 is so fast it doesn't seem practical enough. Worth a shot tho.

Not sure about her f21 hitting Scorp's d4 on whiff, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I'll have to test.

Safe takedown keeps Scorp from being lower mid/low tier. It helps his 111 pressure, gives him a safe option to chase people down with by buffering it off d4, and is also a safe wake-up option.

I$AAC

Noob
If I can chime in, I think kano's good matchups are Baraka, Ermac, Kitana (which I'm still iffy about), Liu Kang, and Shang. Everyone else he either breaks even or he loses too. IMO his worst matchups are Mileena and Sub.

cyke_out

Noob
[MENTION=2344]cyke_out[/MENTION], I am aware that some things do not make much sense. The match ups will be reevaluated very soon.

If any player for any character has any legitimate criticism, please stop bitching about REO, Tom, or me and just contribute.
Cool thanks, I didn't mean to be nit-pciking, just looking for some confirmation.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
One thing I find interesting is saying mileena is one of kanos bad match ups. I actually use him vs mils. I'd say sindel is a tougher match up for him. Her full high fireball deals with his fireball and air ball and her ground fireball deals with his ground ball and her low fireball goes under his fireball. Idk I just find that interesting. I use both sindel and Kano equally alot.

*** note I'm not a good player so I could be way off. But I just play these match ups often.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Husteen

Noob.
One thing I find interesting is saying mileena is one of kanos bad match ups. I actually use him vs mils. I'd say sindel is a tougher match up for him. Her full high fireball deals with his fireball and air ball and her ground fireball deals with his ground ball and her low fireball goes under his fireball. Idk I just find that interesting. I use both sindel and Kano equally alot.

*** note I'm not a good player so I could be way off. But I just play these match ups often.

i was surprised that sindel isn't listed as a bad matchup for anyone. i figured at least sheeva and jax have a tough time against her, among others.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i was surprised that sindel isn't listed as a bad matchup for anyone. i figured at least sheeva and jax have a tough time against her, among others.
That's because they don't struggle vs her. When they face her they don't need to change how they play. I don't think she has the ability to make any character do that.

I was thinking to myself that each character in the game has atleast one of the 3 important things In the game IMO

1 - an armor attack
2 - a teleport
3 - a 9 frame or Lower attack that isnt d1/3

I think she's the only character in the game that is lacking atleast one of the 3. This is why she has so many bad match ups I feel.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
LOL... Jax destroys zoners. He is the zoner destroyer along with Freddy.
Jax doesnt 'destroy' zoners really though, Jax with meter makes them think twice but thats about it. Take the hit, block low poke out and you're back to square 1, being zoned again.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Its because exDash punch puts you right next to your opponent, and it has armor. Basically its a super punish for throwing anything. Then he can run his pokes and traps while you attempt to get away, building meter as he goes. It just takes one time.
I will back down... he doesn't "destroy" zoners... but he neutralizes them.

Husteen

Noob.
that's not different from johnny cage's, baraka's, sub zero's, and reptile's armored advancing moves. it's just an annoying way to get a hit or two. although that does explain this tier chart. i'm pretty sure jax's dash punch hits high, anyways.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
that's not different from johnny cage's, baraka's, sub zero's, and reptile's armored advancing moves. it's just an annoying way to get a hit or two. although that does explain this tier chart. i'm pretty sure jax's dash punch hits high, anyways.
WHAT? Jax is the only character that puts the opponent RIGHT NEXT to him.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Sindel doesn't get stopped zoning jax, she has her low fireball that she can use vs jax's armor punch she does it he takes damage she takes none.

Sindel can also zone with Freddy. She has to create a fireball spamming spree. Super high in the air, up forward fireball and Step forward low fireball.

Double air fireball also helps vs these 2 characters. However they have their bull shit like jax's rush down and Freddie's low claw and sleep move.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
This tier list definitely needs to be based on a point-system like the old one, where good matchups are taken into consideration as well as the difference between the matchups (5-5, 6-4, 7-3, 8-2). IMO, three 4-6 bad matchups isn't as bad as having two 3-7's.

A character can have only two bad matchups that consist of 3-7 against popular characters, and that would make that character suck.
While another character can have 6 bad matchups, but none worse than 4-6 which would still make him viable.

We need a fresh chart like this one: https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AkOCnfkQ4mX6dDQyYWFOTmpQY1J0RWMxYTBlenJGM3c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

But isn't there a hotfix coming out soon? Or is that another legendary unicorn Ed Boon troll? Maybe we should wait a bit, some things might still change quite a bit. Imagine if dash came back, the whole tier list would shift again.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Jax isnt a rushdown maniac, he doesnt have any moves that actually lock you down unless its the random frame advantage + you can poke out of everything he does. Cage Baraka Kabal and Sonya have a lot more to fear IMO

AngryWorm

Hitomi's Pet
Honest question regarding Kitana.

Can someone explain to me how Reptile isn't a bad match up for her? I know I'd rather fight Mileena a hundred times then fight Reptile once. What am I missing in that match up that makes her able to compete with him?

Sasuga

Noob
Honest question regarding Kitana.

Can someone explain to me how Reptile isn't a bad match up for her? I know I'd rather fight Mileena a hundred then fight Reptile once. What am I missing in that match up that makes her able to compete with him?
Instant air Fans?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
This is the newest off-line tier list, according to REO, Tom Brady, and m2dave. Slight input was also provided by Perfect Legend. The characters are listed alphabetically within each tier. The letters used in the tier list represent the following match up wise.

S = 0-2 bad match ups
A = 3-4 bad match ups
B = 5-6 bad match ups
C = 7-9 bad match ups
D = 10-12 bad match ups
F = 16+ bad match ups

S Cyrax, Kabal, Kitana, Mileena, Raiden
A Freddy Krueger, Jax, Kung Lao, Rain, Reptile, Sektor, Smoke, Sonya, Sub Zero
B Cyber Sub Zero, Johnny Cage, Kano, Kenshi, Liu Kang, Quan Chi, Scorpion, Shang Tsung
C Baraka, Ermac, Nightwolf, Noob, Sheeva
D Stryker
F Jade, Sindel, Skarlet

Please comment and discuss. The tier list is based on off-line gameplay ONLY.

10/30/11 - corrected minor mistakes (thanks to Subzerosmokerai)

11/02/11 - Smoke moved down from S to A+ ; Cage moved down from A+ to A

11/04/11 - changed some of the format of the tier list ; added bad match up information below

S Tier Characters (0-2 bad match ups)

Kabal: no bad match ups
Mileena: Kenshi
Raiden: Reptile, Sonya
Cyrax: Kabal, Mileena
Kitana: Kenshi, Mileena

A Tier Characters (3-4 bad match ups)

Kung Lao: Johnny Cage, Kitana, Sonya
Rain: Kabal, Kitana, Sub Zero
Reptile: Liu Kang, Mileena, Sektor
Smoke: Jax, Kung Lao, Raiden
Sonya: Freddy, Kabal, Sub Zero

Jax: Johnny Cage, Mileena, Raiden, Sonya
Freddy: Kung Lao, Mileena, Smoke, Raiden
Sektor: Kabal, Mileena, Raiden, Sub Zero
Sub Zero: Cyrax, Freddy, Kabal, Kung Lao

B Tier Characters (5-6 bad match ups)

Kang: Freddy, Jax, Mileena, Noob, Raiden
Kano: Freddy, Kabal, Mileena, Sonya, Sub Zero
Kenshi: Jax, Kabal, Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile

Cage: Kabal, Kitana, Mileena, Reptile, Sonya, Sub Zero
Cyber Sub Zero: Jax, Kabal, Kitana, Liu Kang, Mileena, Sub Zero
Quan Chi: Cyber Sub Zero, Freddy, Kabal, Mileena, Raiden, Smoke
Scorpion: Cyrax, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile
Shang Tsung: Cyber Sub Zero, Freddy, Kabal, Kitana, Noob, Raiden

C Tier Characters (7-9 bad match ups)

Baraka: Cage, Cyrax, Freddy, Kabal, Kitana, Liu Kang, Raiden
Ermac: Freddy, Jax, Kabal, Nightwolf, Noob, Raiden, Reptile
Noob: Cyrax, Freddy, Kabal, Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile, Smoke

Nightwolf: Cyrax, Freddy, Jax, Kabal, Kitana, Liu Kang, Mileena, Raiden, Reptile
Sheeva: Cyber Sub Zero, Freddy, Kabal, Kano, Kitana, Kung Lao, Mileena, Noob, Raiden

D Tier Characters (10-12 bad match ups)

Stryker: Cage, Cyrax, Ermac, Freddy, Kabal, Kenshi, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Noob, Raiden, Reptile, Smoke

F Tier Characters (16+ bad match ups)

Sindel: Cage, Cyber Sub Zero, Cyrax, Ermac, Jade, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Mileena, Noob, Raiden, Rain, Reptile, Sektor, Smoke
Skarlet: Cage, Cyber Sub Zero, Cyrax, Ermac, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Mileena, Nightwolf, Noob, Raiden, Rain, Reptile, Scorpion, Sektor, Smoke

Jade: Cage, Cyber Sub Zero, Cyrax, Ermac, Freddy, Kabal, Kenshi, Jax, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Mileena, Reptile, Raiden, Sektor, Smoke, Sonya

Contact me about errors of any kind.

Thanks.
Skarlet is F tier. Based on what? So far you, Reo and Tom Brady seem to have prepatch knowledge of Skarlet tactics that barely qualifies as basic. I'll give you a protip: EX Red Slide gives near-super armor into 40% juggle.

I'm not impressed with this tier list in the slightest. Skarlet bring F tier makes me laugh - proof that the list is purely opinionated. Jade = Skarlet. What? When did Jade get 48% midscreen meterless, 50% corner meterless resets, an anti air and overhead xray, superarmor screen dash, anti rush down aerial dagger, and rush down combo linking via EX dagger?

It bothers me that you don't know the character so you just put her at the bottom. You have already admitted you have no experience fighting her, so say that instead. When you put her in bottom tier simply because you don't know where she should go, it makes you look like a putz.

Status
Not open for further replies.