What's new

The Newest Mortal Kombat (9) Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
The only people dumber than the people who agree with Vlad are the people who disagree with him.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
-Cage vs reptile = 5 - 5
-Sektor is no where near A teir. also subzero vs sektor is a 5- 5. Sonya and Jax are Anti Sektor and kabal is a 5 - 5 against sektor
Cage reptile is at least 4-6 because of the dash/armour/superior zoning. The Cage player is forced to think harder than the reptile player to keep him locked down. 1 mess up, get elbow dashed back to forceball range.

Why would Sektor not be A tier, some of the best normals in the game. The only 6 frame combo starting normal, which can be used to counter an offense if you think the other guys gonna start with a slower move, it happens. Sonya is good against Sektor but only because she can keep up at all distances, I wouldnt call it a disadvantage to either character.

But this is my experience from playing Ketchup, unless you've found something that makes him bad

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Ninj said:
Yes, her X-Ray is a move, and it has times where it's useful, and last I checked X-Rays were used even in tournament level play. Did I say it was her best tool? Nope. You might say her 40+% meterless midscreens are her best tool. You might say her super armor EX Red Slide is her best tool. She has a lot of tools at her disposal. You can't point at one specifically and say "this is their best tool" with any character, because any one move can be countered by something else (except EX Red Slide, which goes through a majority of other characters specials...ok maybe that's her best tool :))

I'm working on compiling videos that will show her strengths, as well as explanations for which specials and normals are strong and how to use them properly. It takes time, and I apologize because I have a life to see to as well.

It bothers me that you have this high-and-mighty attitude toward a character that you clearly have no post-patch high level play experience against. You don't main Skarlet. Nor does Tom Brady, nor Reo. Stop and think for a second - Nightwolf is a bad matchup for Skarlet? Please explain. You're the one presenting your tier list to the masses, and so far you've been presenting the "she used to be better!!" argument. I'm the one who gets to ask you to explain yourself.

And stop using her dagger nerf as your sole reason as to why she is the worst character in the game - my personal opinion is you loved the prepatch dagger cancel because you could use a hitbox and lock any character down and you felt really good about that. Then NRS fixed that, and since you hadn't actually learned Skarlet, you dropped her and say that she sucks.

And for the record, a tier list made by 3 people is complete nonsense anyways. This is made up of personal experience. Of 3 people. What do you want me to do with this tier list? Is this meant to be the end all be all of MK9? Should we take this list to mean Sub Zero loses to Skarlet? Kabal never loses to anybody? From what I've seen from tournament replays, Jax owns Kabal. What does "bad matchup" mean?
You are just ranting again. You have said absolutely nothing of value. I will tell you why REO, Tom, and I ranked Skarlet very low.

1. Dagger cancels have been toned down by 10 frames. In other words, one of Skarlet's best tools has been severely crippled. Who respects a slowed down projectile that does chip damage on hit?

2. What does Skarlet's offensive game revolve around? She has no special frame traps or mix ups.

3. The combos you speak of make for flashy combo videos, but they are impractical for high level gameplay. Please tell me which strings set up these "45% combos".

Edit: Address these issues in detail, and stop talking generalities for once.

Panque

Random foreign guy
This tier list definitely needs to be based on a point-system like the old one, where good matchups are taken into consideration as well as the difference between the matchups (5-5, 6-4, 7-3, 8-2). IMO, three 4-6 bad matchups isn't as bad as having two 3-7's.

A character can have only two bad matchups that consist of 3-7 against popular characters, and that would make that character suck.
While another character can have 6 bad matchups, but none worse than 4-6 which would still make him viable.

We need a fresh chart like this one: https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AkOCnfkQ4mX6dDQyYWFOTmpQY1J0RWMxYTBlenJGM3c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

But isn't there a hotfix coming out soon? Or is that another legendary unicorn Ed Boon troll? Maybe we should wait a bit, some things might still change quite a bit. Imagine if dash came back, the whole tier list would shift again.
I don't hold many hopes of having the dash back, but you are completely right, it would change this list a lot.

You are just ranting again. You have said absolutely nothing of value. I will tell you why REO, Tom, and I ranked Skarlet very low.

1. Dagger cancels have been toned down by 10 frames. In other words, one of Skarlet's best tools has been severely crippled. Who respects a slowed down projectile that does chip damage on hit?

2. What does Skarlet's offensive game revolve around? She has no special frame traps or mix ups.

3. The combos you speak of make for flashy combo videos, but they are impractical for high level gameplay. Please tell me which strings set up these "45% combos".

Edit: Address these issues in detail, and stop talking generalities for once.
Umm... Have you seen how far the push back is on skarlets daggers? They are also very hard to jump over when you read your opponent.

From my experience, the "flashy" combos are easier than cyrax resets.....

M2Dave

Zoning Master
CJF said:
Umm... Have you seen how far the push back is on skarlets daggers? They are also very hard to jump over when you read your opponent.
True. If a dagger hits you while you are jumping, you take a devastating 2% of damage.

REO

Undead
Why are these Skarlet players not attending majors to prove their claims? All talk, barely any action. It's very easy to make a character look good on paper with words, it's a different story via actual game play. Many of these Skarlet players can't even properly state why their character is better than depicted. It's all general nonsense and abstract fluff, like m2dave has mentioned.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
REO said:
Why are these Skarlet players not attending majors to prove their claims? All talk, barely any action. It's very easy to make a character look good on paper with words, it's a different story via actual game play. Many of these Skarlet players can't even properly state why their character is better than depicted. It's all general nonsense and abstract fluff, like m2dave has mentioned.
I agree.

Also, some people are poking fun at the fool from gamefaqs. Really? Just look at some of these posts in this thread.

Past

Noob
Skarlet is F tier. Based on what? So far you, Reo and Tom Brady seem to have prepatch knowledge of Skarlet tactics that barely qualifies as basic. I'll give you a protip: EX Red Slide gives near-super armor into 40% juggle.

I'm not impressed with this tier list in the slightest. Skarlet bring F tier makes me laugh - proof that the list is purely opinionated. Jade = Skarlet. What? When did Jade get 48% midscreen meterless, 50% corner meterless resets, an anti air and overhead xray, superarmor screen dash, anti rush down aerial dagger, and rush down combo linking via EX dagger?
A max damage combo is not always a BnB combo. What can Scarlet do after the non-hit confirmable u3 is blocked, compared to she can do with the safer f312?

LOL i thought Tier list were based on "theory/on paper". Besides, M2Dave is complaining about people not explaining their opinions about placements using valid info, but the second we try to, You flame us for not "showing up at tourneys". Because apparently it only applies "on paper"

BookBurning

Voidwards
Yes, her X-Ray is a move, and it has times where it's useful, and last I checked X-Rays were used even in tournament level play. Did I say it was her best tool? Nope. You might say her 40+% meterless midscreens are her best tool. You might say her super armor EX Red Slide is her best tool. She has a lot of tools at her disposal. You can't point at one specifically and say "this is their best tool" with any character, because any one move can be countered by something else (except EX Red Slide, which goes through a majority of other characters specials...ok maybe that's her best tool :))

I'm working on compiling videos that will show her strengths, as well as explanations for which specials and normals are strong and how to use them properly. It takes time, and I apologize because I have a life to see to as well.

It bothers me that you have this high-and-mighty attitude toward a character that you clearly have no post-patch high level play experience against. You don't main Skarlet. Nor does Tom Brady, nor Reo. Stop and think for a second - Nightwolf is a bad matchup for Skarlet? Please explain. You're the one presenting your tier list to the masses, and so far you've been presenting the "she used to be better!!" argument. I'm the one who gets to ask you to explain yourself.

And stop using her dagger nerf as your sole reason as to why she is the worst character in the game - my personal opinion is you loved the prepatch dagger cancel because you could use a hitbox and lock any character down and you felt really good about that. Then NRS fixed that, and since you hadn't actually learned Skarlet, you dropped her and say that she sucks.

And for the record, a tier list made by 3 people is complete nonsense anyways. This is made up of personal experience. Of 3 people. What do you want me to do with this tier list? Is this meant to be the end all be all of MK9? Should we take this list to mean Sub Zero loses to Skarlet? Kabal never loses to anybody? From what I've seen from tournament replays, Jax owns Kabal. What does "bad matchup" mean?
In response to your last paragraph. A tier list made up of ALOT of people on the other hand is a complete and utter mess. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing about tier lists placement, but when you disagree it helps if you have something logical to disagree about. I'm happy it was only 3 people who created the tier list, there's less nonsense to sift through, especially when those 3 have proven time and time again that they generally know what they're talking about.

It's not the end all of MK9, by all means, go ahead and create your own tier list and include whatever opinions you want in them. Not our problem.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Thats 2% more than the person that jumped in got.
So? 2% damage. Whoopie. Unless you magically do this 50 times, I don't see why anyone mention her daggers being hard to jump over as scary.

There's nothing scary about Skarlet's daggers anymore, or Skarlet in general. They do no real damage, and the delay is way too long to keep away for long, really. So what if you can cancel them? 10f added on until you can cancel = 10f less advantage period. Players worth their shit will just work their way in. And she's ass up close. At least with someone assalicious like Sindel, her fireballs make me go "Okay, if I don't get in, this is gonna suck ass."

Seriously, this character is ass now until someone shows her to have more potential...which you can do at NEC instead of sitting at home.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
CJKRattlehead said:
Did you read the post?
Yes. I say there are dumb posts in this thread as well.

I am still waiting for any Skarlet player to prove to me through solid gameplay or a coherent post how Skarlet is good post-patch.

McNasty

Moist.
Lets stop with the name calling in this thread. I dont care who you are, a seasoned tourney vet or an online scrub, stop calling each other fools. all its doing is dividing the potential player base. Some of you guys are putting too much concern into theory fighter, and what OTHER people think about characters and match ups in this game. Take the match ups and discussions with a grain of salt.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Lets stop with the name calling in this thread. I dont care who you are, a seasoned tourney vet or an online scrub, stop calling each other fools. all its doing is dividing the potential player base. Some of you guys are putting too much concern into theory fighter, and what OTHER people think about characters and match ups in this game. Take the match ups and discussions with a grain of salt.
SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!

LOL i thought Tier list were based on "theory/on paper". Besides, M2Dave is complaining about people not explaining their opinions about placements using valid info, but the second we try to, You flame us for not "showing up at tourneys". Because apparently it only applies "on paper"
The idea behind the tiers and numbers (6/4, 5/5) is that they're based on a 10 game set and the numbers are determined on the result of those matches given the 2 players know what they're doing.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Why are these Skarlet players not attending majors to prove their claims? All talk, barely any action. It's very easy to make a character look good on paper with words, it's a different story via actual game play. Many of these Skarlet players can't even properly state why their character is better than depicted.
Says the guy who can play with tournament-level players all the time, has the disposable income to blow on travel to a game tournament as well as the time available to do so. That sounds like a lot of my time and money to try to change some very determined minds away from their notion that Skarlet sucks.

Of course, now that your opinions have been challenged, you're putting up your backs and are unwilling to even entertain the idea of trying to prove yourself wrong.

It's all general nonsense and abstract fluff, like m2dave has mentioned.
It's like making a tier list where Kabal has no bad matchups, and then Reo's Kabal gets wrecked by CD jr's Jax.

If I had the ability to come sit down with the top tournament players of MK9, I would gladly so do and prove to you Skarlet can hold her own with the greats. And you all are very skilled, don't get me wrong. I respect your abilities as players. However, I completely disagree with Skarlet being F tier, and I won't concede that point.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Says the guy who can play with tournament-level players all the time, has the disposable income to blow on travel to a game tournament as well as the time available to do so. That sounds like a lot of my time and money to try to change some very determined minds away from their notion that Skarlet sucks.

Of course, now that your opinions have been challenged, you're putting up your backs and are unwilling to even entertain the idea of trying to prove yourself wrong.

It's like making a tier list where Kabal has no bad matchups, and then Reo's Kabal gets wrecked by CD jr's Jax.

If I had the ability to come sit down with the top tournament players of MK9, I would gladly so do and prove to you Skarlet can hold her own with the greats. And you all are very skilled, don't get me wrong. I respect your abilities as players. However, I completely disagree with Skarlet being F tier, and I won't concede that point.
Someone putting REO in Check. Now that is something to watch folks, and I thought him getting blown up by CDJr was rich. I feel the same about Sindel too my friend. I'm trying to wonder how she still sucks even after the patch. they said the patch save her. Sindel is at least C or B tier at best. She ain't not funking F tier.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Skarlets got some crazy ass stuff going on with her. Nobody else noticed her Cage like frame traps, rediculous damage, midscreen air dagger can be comboed into a reset situation, she gets a free slide at the end of block strings, armoured slide/Xray?

Once somebody brings her out properly she'll most likely be considered top tier, and this is from what I've done and seen from her in a short amount of time

Status
Not open for further replies.