What's new

The Newest Mortal Kombat (9) Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I don't really think Scorp loses that bad to KL and Rep. Scorp wrecks KL's teleport on reaction bad with a well timed d1, leaving KL with just jump, dive kick and f3, which I think Scorp can handle pretty decently. Reptile isn't bad because Scorp's vortex guessing game is heavily in his favor since Rep can't punish a distanced b+2 very well. And rep has to be careful with his zoning especially when Scorp has meter.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I believe the only bad matchups for CSZ are Kabal, Sub, Cyrax and MAYBE jax now that his low starter cant be parried. The kitana/CSZ matchup is more like a 5/5 now And the same with liu.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Slips said:
I don't really think Scorp loses that bad to KL and Rep. Scorp wrecks KL's teleport on reaction bad with a well timed d1, leaving KL with just jump, dive kick and f3, which I think Scorp can handle pretty decently. Reptile isn't bad because Scorp's vortex guessing game is heavily in his favor since Rep can't punish a distanced b+2 very well. And rep has to be careful with his zoning especially when Scorp has meter.
Have you ever played against Freddy? I am beginning to think the match up is 5:5 at best for Freddy. Due to teleport, EX teleport, hellfire, and the occasional EX spear, Scorpion does not have to approach Freddy when he has the life lead, unlike most characters who have to do so.

What about Mileena vs Scorp? I am thinking Mileena wins 6:4 at the moment. She wins the footsie battle with the usual three moves of doom: d+4, 4,2, and roll. She can also approach Scorpion easily.

Have you ever played against Freddy? I am beginning to think the match up is 5:5 at best for Freddy. Due to teleport, EX teleport, hellfire, and the occasional EX spear, Scorpion does not have to approach Freddy when he has the life lead, unlike most characters who have to do so.

What about Mileena vs Scorp? I am thinking Mileena wins 6:4 at the moment. She wins the footsie battle with the usual three moves of doom: d+4, 4,2, and roll. She can also approach Scorpion easily.
I agree with 6:4

JagoMIH

Noob
Thought I would do this based off the tier list m2dave posted. Just another way of looking at the data. :china:

Good match ups
---------------------

Kabal (21) - Cyrax, Rain, Sonya, Sektor, Sub-Zero, Kano, Kenshi, Johnny Cage, Cyber Sub-Zero, Quan Chi, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Baraka, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Raiden (18) - Smoke, Jax, Freddy Kreuger, Sektor, Liu Kang, Kenshi, Quan Chi, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Baraka, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Mileena (16) - Cyrax, Kitana, Reptile, Jax, Freddy Kreuger, Sektor, Liu Kang, Kano, Johnny Cage, Cyber Sub-Zero, Quan Chi, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Kitana (12) - Kung Lao, Rain, Johnny Cage, Cyber Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Baraka, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Freddy Krueger (12) - Sonya, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Kano, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Baraka, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Jade

Kung Lao (11) - Smoke, Freddy Kreuger, Sub-Zero, Kenshi, Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Sheeva, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Reptile (11) - Raiden, Kenshi, Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Cyrax (9) - Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Baraka, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Liu Kang (8) - Reptile, Cyber Sub-Zero, Baraka, Nightwolf, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Smoke (7) - Freddy Kreuger, Quan Chi, Noob Saibot, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Jax (7) - Smoke, Liu Kang, Kenshi, Cyber Sub-Zero, Ermac, Nightwolf, Jade

Johnny Cage (7) - Kung Lao, Jax, Baraka, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Sonya (6) - Raiden, Kung Lao, Jax, Kano, Johnny Cage, Jade

Sub-Zero (6) - Rain, Sonya, Sektor, Kano, Johnny Cage, Cyber Sub-Zero

Cyber Sub-Zero (6) - Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Sheeva, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Noob Saibot (6) - Liu Kang, Shang Tsung, Ermac, Sheeva, Sindel, Skarlet

Sektor (4) - Reptile, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Kenshi (4) - Mileena, Kitana, Stryker, Jade

Ermac (4) - Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Rain (2) - Sindel, Skarlet

Nightwolf (2) - Ermac, Skarlet

Kano (1) - Sheeva

Scorpion (1) - Skarlet

Jade (1) - Sindel

Shang Tsung (0) - None

Sheeva (0) - None

Stryker (0) - None

Sindel (0) - None

Skarlet (0) - None

Quan Chi (0) - None

Baraka (0) - None

I personally think Quan Chi's good matchup is Shang Tsung, he stops his fireballs with a teleport, and he can combo shang tsung with mixups all day, well that's what I saw with Valle and the Quan Chi player.

Flagg

Noob
Wow, so Kitana has a good match up against all my mains!

No wonder I keep getting blown up by her! haha.

I would add that I personally think Nightwolf is a bad match up for Shang T'Sung and is hugely in NW's favour.

Shadow Zero Kyo

(VSM) Leader of the Tarkatans and I am Shazam
Sindel and jade are understandable since no one has really showed us anything with them yet to say otherwise. But I think skarlet should be reconsider because she is very good for example for the very short time chrisG was using her he showed off some good stuff. Also they should be next to stryker.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Lol, I guess you guys seriously hate Shang. I think these are his favorable match ups: Quan Chi, Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Ermac, Sheeva, Rain, Skarlet, Sub Zero and Mileena. Everything else besides Raiden and Cyber Sub is very manageable.

Nightwolf- I don't think it is that much in his favor because the only real tool he has against Shang is the EX shoulder charge. Reflect is almost useless because NW can't reflect the up and ground skulls back.

Quan- You can take away his behind and above teleport by crouch blocking. He has nothing to get him out of the frame traps besides the EX tele. A blocked or whiffed trance is punishable by a full unbreakable combo from anywhere on the screen.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Thought I would do this based off the tier list m2dave posted. Just another way of looking at the data. :china:

Good match ups
---------------------

Kabal (21) - Cyrax, Rain, Sonya, Sektor, Sub-Zero, Kano, Kenshi, Johnny Cage, Cyber Sub-Zero, Quan Chi, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Baraka, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Raiden (18) - Smoke, Jax, Freddy Kreuger, Sektor, Liu Kang, Kenshi, Quan Chi, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Baraka, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Mileena (16) - Cyrax, Kitana, Reptile, Jax, Freddy Kreuger, Sektor, Liu Kang, Kano, Johnny Cage, Cyber Sub-Zero, Quan Chi, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Kitana (12) - Kung Lao, Rain, Johnny Cage, Cyber Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Baraka, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Freddy Krueger (12) - Sonya, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Kano, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Baraka, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Jade

Kung Lao (11) - Smoke, Freddy Kreuger, Sub-Zero, Kenshi, Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Sheeva, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Reptile (11) - Raiden, Kenshi, Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Ermac, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Cyrax (9) - Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Baraka, Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Liu Kang (8) - Reptile, Cyber Sub-Zero, Baraka, Nightwolf, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Smoke (7) - Freddy Kreuger, Quan Chi, Noob Saibot, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Jax (7) - Smoke, Liu Kang, Kenshi, Cyber Sub-Zero, Ermac, Nightwolf, Jade

Johnny Cage (7) - Kung Lao, Jax, Baraka, Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Sonya (6) - Raiden, Kung Lao, Jax, Kano, Johnny Cage, Jade

Sub-Zero (6) - Rain, Sonya, Sektor, Kano, Johnny Cage, Cyber Sub-Zero

Cyber Sub-Zero (6) - Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Sheeva, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Noob Saibot (6) - Liu Kang, Shang Tsung, Ermac, Sheeva, Sindel, Skarlet

Sektor (4) - Reptile, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Kenshi (4) - Mileena, Kitana, Stryker, Jade

Ermac (4) - Stryker, Sindel, Skarlet, Jade

Rain (2) - Sindel, Skarlet

Nightwolf (2) - Ermac, Skarlet

Kano (1) - Sheeva

Scorpion (1) - Skarlet

Jade (1) - Sindel

Shang Tsung (0) - None

Sheeva (0) - None

Stryker (0) - None

Sindel (0) - None

Skarlet (0) - None

Quan Chi (0) - None

Baraka (0) - None
Baraka having no good matchups is a load of bullshit, no offense.

Sigmar

Ex Mortis
This is the newest off-line tier list, according to REO, Tom Brady, and m2dave. Slight input was also provided by Perfect Legend. The characters are listed alphabetically within each tier. The letters used in the tier list represent the following match up wise.

S = 0-2 bad match ups
A = 3-4 bad match ups
B = 5-6 bad match ups
C = 7-9 bad match ups
D = 10-12 bad match ups
F = 16+ bad match ups

S Cyrax, Kabal, Kitana, Mileena, Raiden
A Freddy Krueger, Jax, Kung Lao, Rain, Reptile, Sektor, Smoke, Sonya, Sub Zero
B Cyber Sub Zero, Johnny Cage, Kano, Kenshi, Liu Kang, Quan Chi, Scorpion, Shang Tsung
C Baraka, Ermac, Nightwolf, Noob, Sheeva
D Stryker
F Jade, Sindel, Skarlet

Please comment and discuss. The tier list is based on off-line gameplay ONLY.

10/30/11 - corrected minor mistakes (thanks to Subzerosmokerai)

11/02/11 - Smoke moved down from S to A+ ; Cage moved down from A+ to A

11/04/11 - changed some of the format of the tier list ; added bad match up information below

S Tier Characters (0-2 bad match ups)

Kabal: no bad match ups
Mileena: Kenshi
Raiden: Reptile, Sonya
Cyrax: Kabal, Mileena
Kitana: Kenshi, Mileena

A Tier Characters (3-4 bad match ups)

Kung Lao: Johnny Cage, Kitana, Sonya
Rain: Kabal, Kitana, Sub Zero
Reptile: Liu Kang, Mileena, Sektor
Smoke: Jax, Kung Lao, Raiden
Sonya: Freddy, Kabal, Sub Zero

Jax: Johnny Cage, Mileena, Raiden, Sonya
Freddy: Kung Lao, Mileena, Smoke, Raiden
Sektor: Kabal, Mileena, Raiden, Sub Zero
Sub Zero: Cyrax, Freddy, Kabal, Kung Lao

B Tier Characters (5-6 bad match ups)

Kang: Freddy, Jax, Mileena, Noob, Raiden
Kano: Freddy, Kabal, Mileena, Sonya, Sub Zero
Kenshi: Jax, Kabal, Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile

Cage: Kabal, Kitana, Mileena, Reptile, Sonya, Sub Zero
Cyber Sub Zero: Jax, Kabal, Kitana, Liu Kang, Mileena, Sub Zero
Quan Chi: Cyber Sub Zero, Freddy, Kabal, Mileena, Raiden, Smoke
Scorpion: Cyrax, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile
Shang Tsung: Cyber Sub Zero, Freddy, Kabal, Kitana, Noob, Raiden

C Tier Characters (7-9 bad match ups)

Baraka: Cage, Cyrax, Freddy, Kabal, Kitana, Liu Kang, Raiden
Ermac: Freddy, Jax, Kabal, Nightwolf, Noob, Raiden, Reptile
Noob: Cyrax, Freddy, Kabal, Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile, Smoke

Nightwolf: Cyrax, Freddy, Jax, Kabal, Kitana, Liu Kang, Mileena, Raiden, Reptile
Sheeva: Cyber Sub Zero, Freddy, Kabal, Kano, Kitana, Kung Lao, Mileena, Noob, Raiden

D Tier Characters (10-12 bad match ups)

Stryker: Cage, Cyrax, Ermac, Freddy, Kabal, Kenshi, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Noob, Raiden, Reptile, Smoke

F Tier Characters (16+ bad match ups)

Sindel: Cage, Cyber Sub Zero, Cyrax, Ermac, Jade, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Mileena, Noob, Raiden, Rain, Reptile, Sektor, Smoke
Skarlet: Cage, Cyber Sub Zero, Cyrax, Ermac, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Mileena, Nightwolf, Noob, Raiden, Rain, Reptile, Scorpion, Sektor, Smoke

Jade: Cage, Cyber Sub Zero, Cyrax, Ermac, Freddy, Kabal, Kenshi, Jax, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Mileena, Reptile, Raiden, Sektor, Smoke, Sonya

Contact me about errors of any kind.

Thanks.
woah, shang has a couple more bad MUS.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I find it funny, that they consider cyrax having just 2 bad matchups: Kabal, mileena.... he has resets and all but he's far from invincible, liu kang and raiden destroy him as well, that makes 4 horrible matchups for him, and according to the base idea of this tier list that doesn't make him S tier... And if it were up to me i'd suggest sonya as a bad matchup as well that bitch is overrated as hell!

He's S tier but not because of the matchups but rather his tools imho.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Zoidberg747 said:
Baraka having no good matchups is a load of bullshit, no offense.
I admit that some of these unexplored, less used characters were difficult to rank, much less provide good and bad match ups for. Therefore, I ask players who use these characters to correct me, and I will make the proper adjustments.

I never really wanted 3-4 players, regardless of their level of play, to come up with specific match ups for all 31 characters. The community is responsible for doing so. The current tier list, however, is fairly accurate with respect to a character's tools and his/her known viability in tournaments at this moment.

Also, some players are disgruntled about certain character placements when they should not be. A character like Cage, for example, albeit ranked in B, is a solid character who can give some S tier and many A tier characters a run for their money.

For the most part, the game is balanced, but Kabal's iaGBs may need to be slowed down a little bit, or perhaps the armor on EX dash has to be removed and given to the overhead.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I dont really blame you for not knowing much about Baraka, in fact I just realized that he was just seeing the good matchups on your chart, so apologies to him lol.

If you really want Baraka info I would ask SomeCubanGuy, JamesMk, ShadowKyoZero, or THTB. Those are the only offline Baraka players I can think of, 1man3letters goes to some local tournies I think as well. Some of my info has been confirmed by some of them, and some of it learned from them, but I cant go as in depth into most of the matchups as they can.

Okay question about smokes shake...when playing reptile can u shake on a dash or no since its physical and tech not projectile??

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

i think u are underestimating relatively intangible points in this game like a characters mixup potential (cage and shang) thus causing too many "bad matchups for certain characters in his list

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.

I can see Freddy being 5:5. Not only because of teleports and ex spear, but on reaction he can see a projectile from Freddy then hellfire, get hit, and then get another hellfire for free so we wins the projectile trade.

Mileena is probably 6:4 in her favor yea. If Mileena is 6:4, then Kitana is 7:3. I'd much rather deal with Mileena's d4, roll and 42 than Kit's d1 and f21.

Status
Not open for further replies.