What's new

Match-up Discussion The New Kenshi MU Chart - Prepare for Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Its an option select to escape any frame trap, you either run into them with 4RH, or see the cross over then press 43bubble. The only thing they can do is dash away.
awesome

now do me a solid and explain to your greek folk that ermac isnt 4-6 over kenshi, its 3-7
lol

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
It seems U.S. players are downplaying the foreign MK communities. Didn't Foxy make top 16 with a head injury from the day before? Did he not beat REO? Who's to say another foreign player couldn't come over here and match Foxy, or do better?

Pig Of The Hut

It seems U.S. players are downplaying the foreign MK communities. Didn't Foxy make top 16 with a head injury from the day before? Did he not beat REO? Who's to say another foreign player couldn't come over here and match Foxy, or do better?
1 guy did and he mains lao and sonya and even foxy is telling the ermacs that they have never played a real kenshi

i have great respect for foxy as a player as most do

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
1) You have never discussed anything with me regarding the Ermac MU numbers, so i really dont know why you brought that up.
Lol your not the only Ermac in the community to talk to about MUs =)

Hmm

So if those would be 7-3 in your eyes would that push the 7-3s down to 6-4?
i really do not know much about how the characters you posted as 3-7 have to fight against kenshi but i do know
a cage and kitana have to fight kenshi and is noty worst than 7-3 kenshi . . . people are doing the samething when it
comes to kenshi they do when it comes to sonya they are crying to much about the character when they should be
trying to find ways to fight against the character

the first time i fought against kenshi with sonya it felt really bad at that time i was thinking the matchup was 7-3 or worst
then i start to study the matchup and how to fight kenshi without using ex cartwheel which at the time it felt like ex cartwheel was
all i had in the matchup . . . this is what is happening to kitana and cage player because they want to fight this matchup like they fight
every other matchup .

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
It's time to Pray and know you're stuff 100%
Kung Lao 3-7 (Dont talk to me about your kenshi vs shitty online Laos. I have seen this MU at the truest form and highest level. If you're lao and you lose you should be ashamed)
Would you consider updating the Kung Lao match, as at the highest level, it really isn't free. It has evolved so much in the last while due to your style of play in that match, and Kung Lao can only take major advantage when you don't have meter.

In a 7-3/8-2 that would mean that your character does not have the tools to fight the match, but that isn't the case with Kenshi, he has everything he needs.

Would you consider 6-4 to Kung Lao if not 5-5. Once a Kenshi player know the match, it should be even and be very difficult for the Kung Lao player.

Riu is a known Kitana and Cage upplayer. Nobody listen to his anti-Kitty/JC propaganda.
so when people says kitana does better in a matchup than you say she does they are upplayer but when you say that sonya does better in a matchup than we think she does we are the downplayers and you are right lol

you are one of the biggest downplayer of your character in this community lets be honest about it the fact that you do not think she is top 15 :p

16 downplay bit

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
i really do not know much about how the characters you posted as 3-7 have to fight against kenshi but i do know
a cage and kitana have to fight kenshi and is noty worst than 7-3 kenshi . . . people are doing the samething when it
comes to kenshi they do when it comes to sonya they are crying to much about the character when they should be
trying to find ways to fight against the character

the first time i fought against kenshi with sonya it felt really bad at that time i was thinking the matchup was 7-3 or worst
then i start to study the matchup and how to fight kenshi without using ex cartwheel which at the time it felt like ex cartwheel was
all i had in the matchup . . . this is what is happening to kitana and cage player because they want to fight this matchup like they fight
every other matchup .

Dizzy and I have a good track record of losing to players/characters and then figuring out how to win in rematches. You were a victim of that. After you beat him at Columbus he studied the Sonya MU hardcore and has since beaten you and every Sonya. We've now spent almost a year trying to beat Pig's Kenshi only to lose like 4 times each. How can you still be saying we just don't know the MU?

Although I will say I don't really care if Kitana is considered a 2-8 or 3-7. Either is fine. I'm just grateful the "it's not that bad, just jump in or do EX fan" era is over.

Pig Of The Hut

Would you consider updating the Kung Lao match, as at the highest level, it really isn't free. It has evolved so much in the last while due to your style of play in that match, and Kung Lao can only take major advantage when you don't have meter.

In a 7-3/8-2 that would mean that your character does not have the tools to fight the match, but that isn't the case with Kenshi, he has everything he needs.

Would you consider 6-4 to Kung Lao if not 5-5. Once a Kenshi player know the match, it should be even and be very difficult for the Kung Lao player.
I've always, even when I didn't know the MU, beaten 90% Laos

The MU has evolved though but I must test it w pl

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Make your own chart then

I know usa's players are the best and i stand by that. If you think you're better and can win evo start saving now for it or MLG. Id love to be proven wrong but im telling you just like i told usedforglue ERMAC IS NOT WINNING ON AMERICAN SOIL just like i told him the same about csz

I do not theory fight, i go by results. Like i said before theory fighting says jade kabal is 4-6 or 5-5 because ex glow in between ndc but in reality its the biggest waste of meter and gets blown up 24/7
1st l2read before you answer. I already said i agree with your chart. I too play Kenshi (he is my secondary, we have discussed about this if you remember).
2nd i never said I WAS GOING TO WIN A MAJOR, i only wanted FACTS on why you think its 7-3 Kenshi not a "i am the queen of the world" answer.
3rd Who talked anything about theory fighting ?

EDIT: Anyway i m sorry if i derailed the thread too much. Wasnt my intention. If you want we can continue our conversation with pm's Pig.

Pig Of The Hut

1st l2read before you answer. I already said i agree with your chart. I too play Kenshi (he is my secondary, we have discussed about this if you remember).
2nd i never said I WAS GOING TO WIN A MAJOR, i only wanted FACTS on why you think its 7-3 Kenshi not a "i am the queen of the world" answer.
3rd Who talked anything about theory fighting ?

EDIT: Anyway i m sorry if i derailed the thread too much. Wasnt my intention. If you want we can continue our conversation with pm's Pig.

I feel it's self explanatory

Ermac can't get in
No way to build meter
Kenshi builds hella meter in MU
Kenshi controls every physical aspect of the stage in this MU
Ermac teleport is a non factor
Ermac projectile is a non factor
If by chance u hit any significant combo kenshi always has meter in less he purposely wants to get hit to build meter

There is absolutely nothing ermac controls or dictates in this MU

Not in close, med or far TKP range cause only a brainless fool would sit there in max TKP range 10-11 times and get hit by 10-11 TKPS

If a pro ermac is able to beat a pro kenshi in a FT5 then that ermac player deserves the key to the country because he's overcome the impossible, either that or the kenshi player was cracked out on meth

Dizzy and I have a good track record of losing to players/characters and then figuring out how to win in rematches. You were a victim of that. After you beat him at Columbus he studied the Sonya MU hardcore and has since beaten you and every Sonya. We've now spent almost a year trying to beat Pig's Kenshi only to lose like 4 times each. How can you still be saying we just don't know the MU?

Although I will say I don't really care if Kitana is considered a 2-8 or 3-7. Either is fine. I'm just grateful the "it's not that bad, just jump in or do EX fan" era is over.
that does not change the fact that you want to down play your character in some matchups saying that kenshi is 8-2 is like me saying sonya is 7-3

You have no reason to do anything but react
Do safe AAs
overhead for free chip on wakeup
reflect every fan followed by slash or flurry
walk backwards w occasional dash forward sc, b2, or risky f3
keep meter and use it only for breaker
You're in no rush to crush the bitch, take your time and be patient
NEVER wake up rk unless guaranteed
study her frame data and where she is - sc
counter poke d1 w d1 sc or d3 sc
hit all your cross up AAs 100% all the time
I plan on working on it alot. Reaction, punishes and spacing. Its bad I'm struggling in an 8-2 in my favor. I've got alot of learning to do still after almost a year of playing.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

My fixes for Kenshi

-Blocked SC -28 + No pushback <3
-Blocked EX SC = 0 on block <3
- Remove all his armor <3
- Give him a bigger hitbox <3
- Take away his low hit <3
- Falling swords do 5% on hit and are not over heads <3
- Tele flurry = +40 more recovery frames on whiff <3
- A more fashionable outfit <3

<3 <3 <3
Lol this.

I've always, even when I didn't know the MU, beaten 90% Laos

The MU has evolved though but I must test it w pl
even with meter, kenshis armor is not as safe as usual against kung lao. a simple example would be a crossover, usually kenshi would have a guaranteed punish on the crossover with armor. but a crossover teleport can mess that up for 43% without meter. it will eventually become 6-4 imo because as good as kung laos mobility is in this matchup, it is never safe.

It was pretty bad. Your voice sounded like your dog died. I had just got bodied by Pig for over an hour yet I was happy about it lol. I learned so much. A lot of shit I do does NOT work.
We'll if I'd known it was Mayo...but he's not the first kitana to destroy me. 16 bit and Mr mileena did too. Just very depressing I can't make it to more tournaments.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
I meant whenever i asked you ffs... Get real.
Not only am I lost at this point, telling me to "get real" is kind of disrespectful. I dont even know what I am supposed to "get real" on. Whatever, Im done with this conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.