What's new

The New Injustice 2 + Beta General Discussion Thread

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
throws seem bit hard to tech, least they superdeath on whiff i guess

edit: also if that list above turns to be true that be find with me, would like sub early though

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
late to the party but every character seems balanced and fair for the most part. superman still has his dumb divebomb otg resets and does close to 70% in the corner with 1 bar and trait tho....heres to hoping thats fixed before release. and heat zap got buffed lol

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
does anyone know if abilities are removed in tourney/ comp mode ? i know stats are but what about abilities that alter or even replace moves?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
tl;dr - Allow abilities in tournament, not items. Winner-lock the abilitie(s) chosen. If NRS publicly states they are NOT seeking to balance the abilities and they are meant to be ridiculous/broken, then we ban them.

I REALLY hope they allow extra specials in tournament and there is some tourney mode that allows them all to be unlocked.. Its just such a great tactical option and, like in every fighting game ever, there will be some characters that just have AWFUL AWFUL MU's vs some others and a properly balanced extra ability system could be really really useful. Not to mention strategy as a whole, letting you really throw off your opponents based on what you pick and how its implemented. Sure, the abilities could make bad MUs worse, but that's fighting games. i cant believe Im about to say this, but.. I feel like we should trust NRS until they show us IN THIS CONTEXT that that isnt a good idea.

Now, this is assuming its balanced and reasonable of course, but just assuming it isnt/cant/wont be, to me, is like saying in MKX you can only play variation-less because one variation might have moves/abilities that are too strong across the cast or too strong vs certain characters. I think the system should be winner-locked like character choice is and assuming the devs OUTRIGHT state that they are seeking to integrate the extra move system in a balanced way, then we should let it in.

Counter picking has been a thing since there have been counters to pick, abilities seem no different than using any option available to give yourself the best chance.

JDM

Noob
How many abilities per character? I really hope they are banned, not trying to learn 500 matchups like in mkx.

Blitzace10

The Aquatic Ace
I've seen a lot of people complaining about Superman and Batman being too much like the first injustice. Having the same moves, combos, and strings. Just play injustice 1. That being said i'm sure there is a lot more to it.

So what is the consensus on smoothness of gameplay? Is it as clunky as Injustice 1, with the slow walkspeeds and a lot of recovery on dash?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So what is the consensus on smoothness of gameplay? Is it as clunky as Injustice 1, with the slow walkspeeds and a lot of recovery on dash?
Walking starts up faster than it did in IGAU which makes it easier to quickly change direction, shimmy and play footsies. The walkspeeds themselves are slightly faster. Forward dashes seem to have more recovery.

Then there's the roll if you choose to use it which is incredibly fast.

Walking starts up faster than it did in IGAU which makes it easier to quickly change direction, shimmy and play footsies. The walkspeeds themselves are slightly faster. Forward dashes seem to have more recovery.

That's good to know about the walkspeeds; they were so brutally sluggish before. Strange that the forward dashes would have even more recovery, but I suppose that will vary from character to character. I can only hope that Bane ends up retaining his Godlike dashes.

I hope walking plays more of a part than dashes in this one. Is there still a start up for walking?

Sanger

Noob
Black Canary is looking really strong, Atrocitus might even be a bit underrated from what I've seen as well.

I'm hoping I get a beta code today, so I can play with you guys.