What's new

The New Injustice 2 + Beta General Discussion Thread

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
They can't really do percentages anymore (well, they could, I guess) because everyone's got different health values now, so it makes sense to just show it in terms of raw damage numbers.
Ok, say that's the reason, why is the decimal over an extra place? Why does 10% have to be 100.00? Couldn't they have just left it at 10.00? I'm loving everything else about the game but for some reason this is really bugging me lol. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The damage is displayed as a raw numerical value instead of percentage because percentage damage would be inconsistent across characters with different health values. It's more consistent to have raw numerical values instead as it's the same regardless of character. The average health is 1000 but not all characters, even with no Gear, have 1000 health.

When they show the gearless base stats during customization/character select, there's been some variation in them so far unless I'm completely misinterpreting all of that.
like you said gear mode but I supposed what you said still stands even If everyone has the same health in tournament mode

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
They can't really do percentages anymore (well, they could, I guess) because everyone's got different health values now, so it makes sense to just show it in terms of raw damage numbers.
I think his point was the extra digits are unnecessary. They could accomplish the same thing easier by dropping it to a standard whole number. In play I'll check out the damage if I get hit with a big combo so now I'll have to ignore certain numbers instead of them not being there in the first place.

Beach

La mejor playa
So what characters made it to the beta? Is it like MKXL's where they added more after a little while?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Is it me or we have two threads of Injustice 2 where the solely point of discussion right now is "i don't have a code", "Tom Brady got the code", "top players headstart"

Shouldn't this thread be the one to actually discuss about the game?

Let me know when the actual discussion begins.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
The damage is displayed as a raw numerical value instead of percentage because percentage damage would be inconsistent across characters with different health values. It's more consistent to have raw numerical values instead as it's the same regardless of character. The average health is 1000 but not all characters, even with no Gear, have 1000 health.
The absolute numerical value of damage done may be more useful in the labing sense when trying to figure out what exactly is optimal and maybe if gear is doing something.

When it comes to actual battle, the damage you've done, presented as progress towards the amount of needed work is probably more useful information. Percentage gives you that perspective by telling you how much you have accomplished towards your goal without getting bogged down by details you may or may not know (how do you know how much life your gear laden opponent you've just met has?) In the end it's mostly likely what the player is wanting to know and able to digest.

I'd be surprised if we don't get to choose percentage as an option, then everyone can decide for themselves what they like.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Lol, you know that developing and deploying a public beta for an unreleased game actually costs MORE than buying 10 plane tickets :cool:
Yeah that's why the airfare comment wasn't literal. The point was testers and or top players were the first to get codes. Randoms got them sure but wave one wasn't the luck of the draw that they made it out to be.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah that's why the airfare comment wasn't literal. The point was testers and or top players were the first to get codes. Randoms got them sure but wave one wasn't the luck of the draw that they made it out to be.
Pretty sure the first wave hasn't hit yet and those are just individual office invites. Although I have seen some rather random-looking names come up in Player Match.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The absolute numerical value of damage done may be more useful in the labing sense when trying to figure out what exactly is optimal and maybe if gear is doing something.

When it comes to actual battle, the damage you've done, presented as progress towards the amount of needed work is probably more useful information. Percentage gives you that perspective by telling you how much you have accomplished towards your goal without getting bogged down by details you may or may not know (how do you know how much life your gear laden opponent you've just met has?) In the end it's mostly likely what the player is wanting to know and able to digest.

I'd be surprised if we don't get to choose percentage as an option, then everyone can decide for themselves what they like.
I mean whether it's shown as percentage or numerical value it's about as useful either way, not like you're going to be able to see exactly how many percent/much damage has been done so far anyway between combos and chip and whatnot.

When it comes to actual battle damage done presented as progress is just as useful whether it's in percentage or numerical value... The amount of health your opponent has is shown at the beginning of the match when you're selecting Gear by the way. The player can digest both numbers or percentage, they're not hard calcuations.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Like an actual fight, knowing exactly how much damage is needed should be based more on instinct and experience than mathematical calculation. While life bars may be necessary, displaying 3 decimal digits will definitely detract from the immersion of the game.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Feedback so far:

I exclusively played Supergirl and I have this to say...

I'm absolute trash with her. Either that or she is not that great of a character.
  • She constantly gets out poked by all the characters in the beta
  • She does next to no damage with her combos/specials/basic attacks
  • Without meter she is almost helpless.
  • Her normal moves have no range whatsoever
Now, I may be getting a little hasty with my character review but she has no priority for any of her moves. You either get out-poked or trade hits in the case of her special attacks. Her cool breath attack is extra weak in terms of damage but it does work ok as combo ender. The best tools that she has are as follows:
  • Meter burned heat vision
  • crouching light
That's about it. Another problem is that there is no practice mode n the beta to test out the combos. You jump online and pray you get a moment to look at the moves list. There are no combo strings listed so you have to experiment to find something useful. The most useful string I found was (back+light, medium) which is a high/low string.

One thing that I found to be AMAZING is the level of skill displayed by everyone I faced online. I played mostly Batman and Atrocitus players. They were pulling off combos and juggles that you would normally see after having played the game for a week or two. Batman, I can understand why they were great with but Atrocitus? Without a moves list, this fact astonished me. I played one Supergirl player but he was just as terrible with her as I am. Perhaps she is more of an execution heavy character with some nasty weapons just waiting to be discovered?

Another amazing thing is the net code. I was playing via wifi and the connections were very offline-like. I do have a decent connection (300mb down wired, 120mb 5GHz band wifi) but other online games lag by comparison even with my connection. A negative that kept occurring is the intermittent freezing during play and the screen tearing during Supergirl's super.

I'm going to stick with Supergirl for a while to see if I can figure out some useful tools. I'll report some more findings as I discover them.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Been messing with Atrocitus whole night almost overslept and was late for work coz of it. :D

Imo he feels amazing, pressure and some mix-ups with Dex is pretty good. Neutral feels awesome coz of his range. He is a bit slow but thats understandable. He also does pretty good dmg.

Can't wait to get back home and play him more. :>

One thing that annoyed me beyond anything was the helicopter light going away which makes the screen really dark, they really need to fix that.

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Speaking of Atrocitus, the character is a monster. DexStaar is a dreamcrusher. People are starting to realize you can use Staar in mid air combos. As well as puddle conversations.

Some of his blockpressure seems really stupid. Him with those long meaty combo strings into literally making punchfloat safe with Staar support into more staggered pressure with the Staar.

Every Atro player needs to go in in in as of right now when the Cat is in the field. It's stupid as shit.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Speaking of Atrocitus, the character is a monster. DexStaar is a dreamcrusher. People are starting to realize you can use Staar in mid air combos. As well as puddle conversations.

Some of his blockpressure seems really stupid. Him with those long meaty combo strings into literally making punchfloat safe with Staar support into more staggered pressure with the Staar.

Every Atro player needs to go in in in as of right now when the Cat is in the field. It's stupid as shit.
This.

When Dex is out i just go ham and people have to hold that. Thou on the other spectrum without Dex Atrocitus is somewhat limited in his options.

Also sidenote - dont look on the frame data - its ballz, like half of it is wrong.