What's new

The New Injustice 2 + Beta General Discussion Thread

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Supergirl girl can duck punchfloat completely for a punish. D1 ice breath is a trueblockstring unless you immediately armor after her d1. If not she converts. The Staar says fuck that. His OKI is pure HOLD DAT SHIT!!

Example: *knockdown* Staar..use shield. Meter burn b3. Starr low shot. Overhead into kick into punchfloat...Starr low shot make it safe before you go.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I mean whether it's shown as percentage or numerical value it's about as useful either way, not like you're going to be able to see exactly how many percent/much damage has been done so far anyway between combos and chip and whatnot.

When it comes to actual battle damage done presented as progress is just as useful whether it's in percentage or numerical value... The amount of health your opponent has is shown at the beginning of the match when you're selecting Gear by the way. The player can digest both numbers or percentage, they're not hard calcuations.
If you think the average player is going to find it just as easy to constantly check life amounts and do little math over having the game say they just did 50%, then I think you are giving people to much credit. People have enough to think about already mid match without doing math regardless of how trivial it seems.

The life bars are a percentage based representation as well. Makes sense to be consistent about how represent progress, or at least have the option.

when is the next beta code wave - weekly?
and how long does the beta stay - only 1 month from what I have heard?
also did anyone in EU get a beta code yet?

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
This.

When Dex is out i just go ham and people have to hold that. Thou on the other spectrum without Dex Atrocitus is somewhat limited in his options.

Also sidenote - dont look on the frame data - its ballz, like half of it is wrong.
Can you please comment on the speed / mobility in the game? Does it feel more like Injustice 1 or MKX? Is it going to be mostly dashing and jumping or walking? Does MB roll seem very strong?

Obviously it's extremely early, but I'm very curious.

TRVP6GXD

Noob
I watched PL's stream when he first got his code and then I had to goto work. Do they have push block in this game or no? If so how do you do it? Thanks.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Can you please comment on the speed / mobility in the game? Does it feel more like Injustice 1 or MKX? Is it going to be mostly dashing and jumping or walking? Does MB roll seem very strong?

Obviously it's extremely early, but I'm very curious.
It's in no way in any form or shape close to MK XL. It's way more like IGAU1, neutral, zoning, setups and some pressure. MB roll is strong but so is zoning in this game and keep in mind we dont have any zoning arch type character in the game (beta) yet and it still feels good with characters like Batman, Atrocitus (Dex) or Supergirl/man. I expect to be even stronger when proper zoning characters are added.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
It's in no way in any form or shape close to MK XL. It's way more like IGAU1, neutral, zoning, setups and some pressure. MB roll is strong but so is zoning in this game and keep in mind we dont have any zoning arch type character in the game (beta) yet and it still feels good with characters like Batman, Atrocitus (Dex) or Supergirl/man. I expect to be even stronger when proper zoning characters are added.
Thank god, that sounds so promising!

Happy to hear it

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Just another comment on the percentage/numerical value discussion. I also find it funny that they chose the weird numerical value system for combos but when you win or lose a clash, it shows whatever you gain or lose via a percentage instead there......consistency :confused:.

Note, these are all my random thoughts from just watching others. Perhaps I'll feel differently when I actually get to play the game.

kantboy-2

Ripper
So, is there DLC speculation thread?

This got posted on Gamefaqs;

"Lupinko/Ryce has graciously shared the 9 DLC characters on his private blog (he's leaked a lot of info for MvC: I so far)

1. Starfire (Blackfire alt costume)
2. Black Manta
3. Spawn
4. Red Hood
5. Katana (Cheshire alt costume)
6. Vixen
7. Constantine
8. Enchantress
9. Sub-Zero
10. Darkseid "

If true; awesome. Makes sense if matched with the initial roster leak.

JDM

Noob

"Lupinko/Ryce has graciously shared the 9 DLC characters on his private blog (he's leaked a lot of info for MvC: I so far)

2. Black Manta
3. Spawn
4. Red Hood
6. Vixen
7. Constantine
8. Enchantress
9. Sub-Zero
10. Darkseid "

wow really, if ryce posted it it's probably legit. interesting list, I'm sold.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel

2. Black Manta
3. Spawn
4. Red Hood
6. Vixen
7. Constantine
8. Enchantress
9. Sub-Zero
10. Darkseid "

its fake he didnt leak any characters

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

2. Black Manta
3. Spawn
4. Red Hood
6. Vixen
7. Constantine
8. Enchantress
9. Sub-Zero
10. Darkseid "

I like that list.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Really? Lol damn I'm a sucker I didn't even look it up. Looks like a legit list though honestly.
its a good list and probably close to the real deal. but im pretty sure theres only 9 including darkseid.
also boon is antagonizing people complaining about beta codes on twitter so hopefully more come soon