What's new

Tech The NEW Black Adam Combo Thread

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
For the like 5th time guys. D1 orbs is only RELIABLE on the biggest characters like doomsday, bane, grundy. On most others the combo will drop out most of the time.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Does this work on everyone? I could be just doing it wrong but i tried it for a min on KF and the first hit of the 11 whiffs from the the hit stun of the d1. I really want this to work since I tend to mash d1 more then i should.
unfortunately no

F2, 1 1 xx T, B2 3, U1+3 - 36% listed right above that one. Looks like I forgot to show the trait damage in the metered version though, which brings it up to 41%.
Hum, there was nothing listed above funny guy. You added it after lol. I'm 100% certain there was only one f2 combo at the time of my post but whatever you say sir. ;)

Yes 11 xx T of course why didn't I think about it haha. I still hope they fix B1 because I like it better.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Again I'll ask, why is the 1 3 ender better than Boot Stomp ender for crossup oki?
On any Boot Stomp ender, they recover MUCH faster than the 13 ender and you now have five+ possibilities to contend with:

1 - Stay there and not wakeup
2 - Stay there and wakeup
3 - Roll out and not wakeup
4 - Roll out and wakeup
5 - Roll out and jump back/backdash

On the 13 ender, which is a hard knockdown, the ONLY two things they can do to avoid the mixup Boot Stomp is to:

A - Block correctly
B - Wakeup which can be baited

I don't know about you, but I'll take 13 all day over an ender that gives my opponent way more options against me.

Does this work on everyone? I could be just doing it wrong but i tried it for a min on KF and the first hit of the 11 whiffs from the the hit stun of the d1. I really want this to work since I tend to mash d1 more then i should.
I think that if you hesitate a bit before you do the 11, it will still connect. I was having difficulties with a similar combo as well.

Ok F2, D2 xx T is definitely better than F2, 11 xx T and it's the one I would list. Here's why:

The whole reason why you would use F2 to punish things in the first place is because of F2's range. Up close you can use 22 which is 2 frames faster. But from F2 max range 11 doesn't connect on a lot of characters (Killer Frost, Harley Quinn, Green Arrow, Catwoman etc) while d2 connects even on the smallest hurtboxes.

F2, 11 only connects from max range on relatively big characters. Otherwise it has to be a close up F2, which there's no point in doing in the first place.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Also, just from the characters i've practiced so far.. max distance f2, 11 seems to work fine on everyone but cat woman and green arrow (i think i got it to work once on arrow, not completely sure if it was max range or not) So IMO f2, 11 is still very viable against the cast, just not those 2 idiots.

Character specific combos are lame -__-

Also, just from the characters i've practiced so far.. max distance f2, 11 seems to work fine on everyone but cat woman and green arrow (i think i got it to work once on arrow, not completely sure if it was max range or not) So IMO f2, 11 is still very viable against the cast, just not those 2 idiots.

Character specific combos are lame -__-
No it doesn't work on small characters of the same size. Not just cat woman and green arrow. I tested it on almost everyone. On some characters it's possible but way too inconsistent.

Black Adam is a medium size hurtbox and it can work on him from max range. But not on KF, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Green Arrow etc. etc. etc. It should at least be noted that on smaller characters you should always use D2 to make sure it connects from max range. Personally I would never gamble and just use D2 since it works on everyone and is far easier.

Celerity

Lab Monster
Hum, there was nothing listed above funny guy. You added it after lol. I'm 100% certain there was only one f2 combo at the time of my post but whatever you say sir. ;)

Yes 11 xx T of course why didn't I think about it haha. I still hope they fix B1 because I like it better.
No lol, it was Joker8417 's combo, he posted it on like page 2. I'll add yours anyway since it's always good to have options.

Celerity

Lab Monster
MB footdive, instant air (jump forward) far footdive, b23, u+13 (37%)

and if you want to use trait:
MB footdive, instant air far footdive, b2 xx Trait, b23, u+13 (48%)
Damn that's hard. I remember trying to make this work when I compiled the list but couldn't. I just pulled it off, but I think it's height-specific? Seems like it only works when I hit them really low to the ground with the first Boot Stomp. Good stuff anyway.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
No it doesn't work on small characters of the same size. Not just cat woman and green arrow. I tested it on almost everyone. On some characters it's possible but way too inconsistent.

Black Adam is a medium size hurtbox and it can work on him from max range. But not on KF, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Green Arrow etc. etc. etc. It should at least be noted that on smaller characters you should always use D2 to make sure it connects from max range. Personally I would never gamble and just use D2 since it works on everyone and is far easier.
It does indeed work on KF.

I have a hard time doing the instant dive kick... I can see clearly in training mode that my inputs are correct, but I get a J3 most of the time and it's making me rage lol

Celerity

Lab Monster
Qwark28 Konqrr Vulcan Hades

Ok, so apparently in the meterless BnB, you have enough time to replace the U1+3 with a grounded 1 3, and it does the same damage. In case that didn't make sense:
2 2 xx T, 2 2 B1, J2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, 1 3

It's also theoretically possible in the MB Cage BnB, but it's a 1F link and I'm not 100% sure that the 3 will hit. But anyway, this discovery will make a few of the boot stomp combos obsolete. I'll continue messing around to see if I can end more combos in 1 3 without giving up so much damage.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Damn that's hard. I remember trying to make this work when I compiled the list but couldn't. I just pulled it off, but I think it's height-specific? Seems like it only works when I hit them really low to the ground with the first Boot Stomp. Good stuff anyway.

There's a video of it. You can land the MB dive high, I believe it's all about the 2nd dive.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
I cannot get the 48% from anywhere but a 3/4 screen FBS
It's not like dive hits fullscreen anyways :confused: In the video I dived from pretty far away, and I believe max height

Btw, what's the benefit in ending your combo in 1,3? I haven't been lurking the forums lately, so I guess i've missed on some new tech? Is it better oki?

Edit: ok I read the last page.

Correct me if I'm wrong: post-1,3 string you walk forward slightly and either crossup 2 or raw short dive to land in front?

Sounds sick, and reminds me of akuma's crossup/ divekick mixup in sf4 which was super strong.

I cannot get the 48% from anywhere but a 3/4 screen FBS
Yeah I think I know what you mean.

It also seems much harder to pull off from a MB close Boot Stomp. For me at least it's easier from far away.

edit: Yeah it's definitely harder from a close boot stomp. I can get it almost 100% from far away but up close it seems impossible. B2 is often just out of reach and you recover slower from IA dive kick (trying it on Harley Quinn).

Celerity

Lab Monster
Any timing tips specifically for the B2 3 in the combo below?

2 2 B1, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, U1+3 - 34%
You want to hit them early with J2, and hit them in the feet with the boot stomp. It's not that easy to explain, you just have to practice a lot until you find what works.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Yeah, as far as the MB bootstomp combo, I find that the lower I hit the character, i.e the legs rather than the shoulders and midsection, the more often I hit the combo. Now I know I dont have the best execution, but thats what its lookng like for me right now. So I retreat with the MB bootstomp, the hit the iabs
EDIT: You know, that 3/4 screen far bootstomp with an iafbs creates a crossup.. lol or was this known? I'm often late to the party on these

Yes we should to aim for the legs when attempting the double dive kick combo. It's possible from max height but can be extremely hard in some closer ranges. Aiming for the legs makes it a lot easier.

The 2 best ways to land it are: delayed FBS, or IA FBS. It doesn't really matter how far you are (afaik) as long as the dive kick hits the legs of the opponent. Works on Catwoman and Doomsday so it should work on everyone no matter their size.

I managed to land it off close boot stomp.. but like only 2 times in 100 attempts lol. It's way too unreliable from up close.

New best combos (BnBs):

(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2 B1, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, D2 xx Black Magic, Lightning Strike or Far Boot Stomp - 38% [~49% w/Trait] use lightning strike if you want to zone and far boot stomp if you want to pursue pressure.

(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2/B1 xx Black Magic, NJ2/JI2 or dash twice, 2 2 B1, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, D2 xx Lightning Storm - 36% [~47% w/Trait] black magic allows max corner carry or switching sides.

(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2 xx MB Lightning Cage, B3, early JI3, delayed Far Boot Stomp, 1 1 xx MB Lightning Storm - 49% [~59% w/Trait] 2 bars

(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2 B1, NJ2, Boot Stomp, 2 2 B1 xx Black Magic, B2 3, U1 - 39% [~50% w/Trait] meterless corner BnB, leads to 50/50 crossup. NJ3 is character specific, NJ2 is universal.

New best combos (BnBs):

(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2 B1, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, D2 xx Black Magic, Lightning Strike or Far Boot Stomp - 38% [~49% w/Trait] use lightning strike if you want to zone and far boot stomp if you want to pursue pressure.

(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2/B1 xx Black Magic, NJ2/JI2 or dash twice, 2 2 B1, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, D2 xx Lightning Storm - 36% [~47% w/Trait] black magic allows max corner carry or switching sides.

(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2 xx MB Lightning Cage, B3, early JI3, delayed Far Boot Stomp, 1 1 xx MB Lightning Storm - 49% [~59% w/Trait] 2 bars

(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2 B1, NJ2, Boot Stomp, 2 2 B1 xx Black Magic, B2 3, U1 - 39% [~50% w/Trait] meterless corner BnB, leads to 50/50 crossup. NJ3 is character specific, NJ2 is universal.
can you record these? im a visual learner and would love to SEE these...im having a hard time picturing the D2 after the B2,3